Disappointed customer

I have called and left messages 2 times for Jill or Rick to call me. A home inspection was done on February 26, 2021. I have had major issues that an inspector should have caught. I have put in a lot of money to fix the problems. I feel the inspector should have seen theses problems. I would NOT recommend this company. This is costing me extra money that is why I had a home inspection in the first place to catch extra things that should have been fixed. Do not use them. Do

User's recommendation: Do not use this company.

#2033899

Same thing happened to me…you should file a complaint with SC LLR.

Okatie, South Carolina

Incompetent

I will be hiring another inspector ( this is investment property that we needed to rely on the inspection since we are out of state) can't wait to see what else was missed. Three major items missed 1. a/c was installed backwards. It is kept in a closet and when renter went to change the filter for us they couldn't because all the pipes were blocking the screen cause it it was installed backwards 3 months prior to the inspection, 2 electrical switches don't work, 3 water line to fridge was epoxyed closed as well as the ice maker is broken. Have called and complained. Asked for my money back to pay for a real inspection. I also filed a formal complaint with the licensing board. Next step is to contact credit card company and see if I can get the charge reversed.
#1420625

Well we ended up with more plumbing issues, electrical issues, water damage in the kitchen, leaking windows. So far we are out $2000.

Haven't tackled windows yet cause they are several thousand dollars.

He offers a warranty with the inspection. Don't count on it, that company is just as bad and denied all reimbursement.

Service
Southeast Inspection Services Home Inspection
Bad quality
Full refund

Southeast Inspection Services - Insufficient Report on Home Cost me $7k in Repairs

I purchased a new home in June and had the inspection performed by Southeast Inspection Services, Inc. I specifically asked them to check out the HVAC unit for issues. The reports indicated it was in proper working order and we had a conversation about the system after the inspection. Now, 3 short months later, I have been told that the unit is in such bad shape it needs to be replaced! Imagine my surprise when only 3 months prior I was told it was fine. I believe I was provided insufficient and incorrect information from this company that has now cost me $7 thousand dollars! Furthermore, when I called the owner Rick Puplava, he was very unprofessional, even addressing me as "dude" instead of my name and told me that it looked fine when he saw it. (The AC tech indicated that it had been rusted out for what appears to be longer than the 3 months I have owned the home). Mr. Puplava was rude and denied any conversation we had about the condition of the unit, then indicated that "I'm not an AC guy, I just turn it on and off to see if it works". Contrary to this statement, his contract indicates that he reports any visual issues that he can see and this issue was clearly visible upon inspection. Also, I have noticed that Southeast Inspection Services, Inc. previously had accreditations listed on their website, but I see now that they are gone. Don't walk away from this company if you are buying a home - RUN!!

If you really need additional proof, just check Angie's List to see how bad this company really is. (Gao)

Bluffton, South Carolina
Cons
  • Unprofessionalism
  • Unacceptable performance
  • Lack of concern from owner
Bad quality
Loss
Full refund

Southeast Inspection Services Inc

In the inspection of a home by Southeast Inspection Services, Inc. insufficient information was supplied to the prospective home owner. In one case several water heads on a sprinkling system were not functioning and Southeast Inspection Services, Inc. verified that all were in working order. In addition, water under the kitchen sink had leaked and caused mildew and rot to develop in that area. The smell was very strong and replacement of rotted wood in that area was necessary. Southeast Inspection Services, Inc. did not report this as a problem to the prospective home owner. Also Southeast Inspection Services, Inc. had listed accreditations on their website that have since been removed.

I had the same issue with Southeast Inspection Services, Inc. on my home I recently purchased.

We specifically asked that they check the AC unit. We were told that it was in good working condition. Three months later we have now been advised that the coil has been rusted out for some time and needs to be totally replaced which will cost us $7k. Called the office and spoke to a very rude lady who then had the owner Rick Puplava call us.

He was rude, condescending and told us it wasn't his problem and hung up on us. RUN...don't walk away from this company if you are buying a home!

Bluffton, South Carolina
Cons
  • Response to complaint
Poor customer service
Loss
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article