Diana G Fte

Verified Reviewer

To prevent students from being ripped off

Original review Jun 09, 2023

Unfortunately I do not recommend Source School of tantra due to the unprofessional manner of the main instructors (namely Leah Alchin and Charles Muir).

I took three separate levels to become a certified tantra educator and sadly on all three occasions I was distracted by the lack of structure and lack of professionalism that prevented me from absorbing knowledge.

Now if however your purpose is to enjoy the beautiful island of Maui and soak in the sun and sights while learning at a remedial level then I'm sure you will find some value.

I however had high hopes and after each level of certification I genuinely felt confused and like I personally had suffered some form of emotional trauma and abuse to my psyche by some of the immature "clique" attending these workshops and by the teachers themselves.

On one painful occasion during level 3 certification Judith Shivani took me to the side and admonished me because I was having a very difficult time. I was in extremely poor health and hemorrhaging from blood clots in my ovaries and she said in a scathing and hurtful tone --> "Diana I just don't see the Goddess in you."

I was very anemic and bleeding heavily yet no one from the workshop thought to take me to a local hospital Cry In fact there were some interesting Characters spreading false Gossip about me rejecting disabled clients from my tantra practice.

I absolutely didn't appreciate the cruelty and slander nor did I like being "gaslighted".

Charles is the true definition of Narcissistic personality disorder and if you graduate here and don't comply with marketing his books on your website and if you don't keep on attending to the higher levels he will remove you as a certified teacher from his website and only keep the students he developed close personal relationships with.

I was removed from his website unceremoniously years ago as a listed teacher along with hundreds of other students which ended up hurting me Financially. I actually left one day early from the level 3 certification for Medical reasons because I was in so much pain and he refused to mail me a level 3 degree as proof that I completed the workshop yet he graduated another student of his who left early because she had complications with her pregnancy.

Charles and Leah were so unethical to do this to me but I'm being kind enough to leave two stars because Maui after all is such a heavenly destination and the chef prepared vegan meals were delicious!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Maui was gorgeous
Cons:
  • Negative and gossipy people
  • No structure

Preferred solution: Absolutely nothing I just want my voice to be heard

User's recommendation: Avoid this school at all costs

Jeremy A Svw
map-marker Kahului, Hawaii

Source Tantra School IS Unethical, Unprofessional, Abusive & Greatly Lack Integrity

Neo-Tantra/Sacred Sexuality is ABOUT THE HEART. I find that both Charles Muir & Leah Alchin Piper of Source School of Tantra greatly Lack Heart, Compassion and Integrity. I think that they are greatly unethical, unprofessional, inappropriate, incompetent and have no business leading or teaching a Tantra healing school. I broke up with my ex-Tantra partner. We met at the Source Beginner's workshop. She proceeded to disrespect me and have me kicked out of the Intermediate workshop. Leah Alchin unprofessionally & inappropriately sided with her and agreed to kick me out of the workshop. When I attempted to talk with Leah on the phone she was abrasive, verbally abusive and yelled at me on the phone. Now there's several women coming forward about experiencing sexual misconduct by 1-3 male teachers at Source Tantra. Source School as responded in a very disgusting way to these sexual misconduct claims. They have been involved with attacking, gaslighting, manipulating and intimidating victims and their supporters. I would Not recommend Source Tantra. Instead, attend Skydancing, Ipsalu, ISTA, Sarasa, Amara Karuna Tantra Schools (etc.).
Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Boycott People from attending their workshops and trainings

Guest

I whole heartedly agree with you and I promise to include my extremely negative experience working with Charles Muir and Leah Alchin here and on my private YouTube channel. I was also scapegoated and gaslighted during a Level III teacher's certification course.

It was torture for me to be emotionally abused while I was in extremely poor health so I left one day early to protect my physical and emotional well being. They are extremely manipulative, Narcissistic and toxic....

Guest

Thank you for sharing about your experience. I am sorry you had to go through this as it is the opposite of what NeoTantra is about. I am grateful you have found other wonderful teachers to work with instead

View more comments (1)

Universities, Colleges and Schools Expert Talks

Student Loans Explained: How Do Student loans Work? | How to Pay Off Your Debt?

Jul 23, 2021

Betsy Mayotte, a President of TISLA, talks about student loans, the difference between a private and federal student loan, interest rates, and scams. Uncover expert comments on a student loan issue and a success story of a paid $130K in student loan debt.

Read full article
Betsy Mayotte
Betsy Mayotte

Betsy Mayotte is the president and founder of the nonprofit called The Institute of Student Loan Advisors (TISLA). Her organization ensures that all consumers have access to free expert, neutral student loan advice and dispute resolution.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article