Ford Extended Warranty - Car Warranty Review

Update by user Mar 18, 2017

When I purchased the vehicle new at Sound Ford in Renton, WA I was encouraged to purchase the Ford Factory Extended Warranty becsuse of the great value. I received Nothing in the 75K miles, every time I requested something under the Warranty I was told NO. Ford Motors would not pay for it.

Original review posted by user Mar 17, 2017
I purchased new 2015 Ford Explorer at Sound Ford in Renton, WA. I was told what a great deal and peace of mind having the 75K extended warranty would be, it covered brake pads, shocks, etc. I purchased it. My breaks were making noise at 70K miles and the Dealership stated FORD would NOT PAY FOR THE PADS. Even though I did, their reasoning is they were slightly over 3mm thick. They said bring the vehicle back at 77000 miles and they will replace them at my cost!! I received nothing at all from purchasing the extended, 75K service. Every time I requested, they stated FORD WOULD NOT PAY. I went to other Dealerships, same thing. They should be heavily fined by the Gov. For theft of the Consumer. Unbelievable, now of course it needs everything just as the warrany expired. Total BS.
ID
#1021913 Review #1021913 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
2015 Ford Explorer Car
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Sound Ford Renton, WA

I brought my car in for 3 auto recalls. I was called at home 6.5 hours later and told my car was ready for pick up. When I get there I read the paper only to find out they only did one recall and was told I did not complain about the one of the other recalls which was not preformed so they assumed I did not need it. I asked why did you not call and ask me. The women informed me and I quote,"I am not your advocate". So its up to the customer to figure out they did not perform the work you requested. I was told the other recall was not done because they had no parts. Again, I could have been informed this before I picked up the car. No customer service at all. They blamed me for not complaining or they would have done the work I told them to do. Scheduling and requesting it is not enough you have to complain. They should have posted that on a wall because I do not have ESP. Unreal. I drive home and notice that my oil and engine light are on. I took it back the next morning because the one item they say was completed was reprogramming my car (recall).. I was informed it was because my oil needed to be changed. When I told them my engine light does due to a oil change I was told it was probably the oil pressure was low. So again, they did not check out to find the problem and at this point I do not trust them. I took it immediately to another ford dealer and asked them to change my oil. After waiting they told my my brakes were metal on metal and I should not have been driving at all and my coolant was at dangerously low levels. Oh did I tell you I have a document from the day prior where they topped off my fluids and wrote there was nothing wrong with my car. I could have had an accident or had an engine blow up and sound ford would have been responsible. I took my car there for the oil changes so that tells me every time I took my car there they never checked any fluids and at this point I wonder If they even changed the oil. They are liars and cheats with the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I would never trust sound ford with any car for any reason. There staff needs to stop blaming the customer and take responsibility for the work they do not do. My car has less than 25,000 miles on it. It takes a long time for coolant to evaporate and the only way this was possible was if it was never topped off since I bought the car. My engine could have blown up. STAY AWAY FROM SOUND FORD IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE
ID
Dallas, Texas
Cons
  • Customer servicefailure to perform work
  • Customer service
Reason of review
bad service no requested repair done
Loss
Preferred solution
Pay me for the rotors which is extra on the brakes for not having them changed timely. Had I had a clue from Sound ford when I took it in prior I would not have paid the extra for the brake replacement.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article