Not an honest supplier, disappointed in AF for supporting this shop!

After doing A LOT of research for a one stop shop for my craft supplies (I make my living selling handmade goods), I came across SongBird crafts on ArtFire.com. Their reviews were 5 star and they offered nearly everything I was looking for! Happy until after 5 days I still hadn't received a shipping notice. After sending requests for info on my order for 3 days in a row, I finally received a response that several of the items I ordered were not in stock so my whole order was on hold! How crazy that my credit card was charged and yet more than a week had passed and nothing had shipped and had I not inquired, no one had contacted me about the status of my order! I asked that they cancel the items that were not in stock and ship those that were available. Another few days goes by and I get my package of goodies I'd been waiting for and several items that were available when I inquired on my order were not included. Contacted the seller again and found out that on the day they shipped the items that did arrive, the other items were no longer available! My credit card had not been credited for any of the items I had ordered which totaled well over $100.00 and I was told I could get a store credit if I wanted to cancel the backorders - incredible! I declined the store credit and immediately contacted my credit card issuer to dispute charges from this shop. During further research on this particular vendor, I found that they don't stock almost 90% of what they advertise! They download catalogs from a wholesale craft distributor in Grand Rapids MI, upload to their site and if the supplier is out of a product, SongBird does not update the availability on their ArtFire shop! You take your chances ordering from this vendor. Also, reading through some ArtFire community boards, this supplier pays for their 5 star rating through a commercial account with ArtFire, they didn't earn that 5 star rating! I used to shop often on ArtFire, along with Etsy but will not visit ArtFire again for 2 reasons - they support the actions of this vendor and they can be bought to promote these shady kinds of vendors! I'll go back to paying slightly higher prices from other small suppliers who actually take the responsibility of actually stocking what they sell, supporting their claim of outstanding customer service and who ship according to the stated shipping time.
ID
Germantown, Tennessee

Songbird Crafts on Artfire- BEWARE!!

I always research products before I order online. I found that Songbird Crafts on Artfire had the best prices. This was a scam. I ordered on Dec. 4th, and today, Dec. 17th, after numerous emails asking them when my order was going to ship, they sent me an order cancellation notice saying there were out of stick on my items! Beware of Artfire and this particular company. They also have items listed for sale, but then they tell you that you may not get the item displayed- you might get something different and they are unwilling to tell you what is in stock and what the possible items (colors, patterns) could possibly be before you ship. They tell you that you can send it back, but I'm sorry, I don't want to order something and then have to send it back! Are you kidding me?? Horrible, horrible people and Artfire does NOT support customer complaints. Stay away from this sales venue. It's BAD NEWS!!

ArtFire is an online marketplace. Songbird Crafts is one shop on ArtFire.

I agree that there are some terrible sellers on ArtFire as there probably are on any online selling venue.

I have bought from vintage shops and a soapmaking shop on ArtFire. All the sellers I dealt with were professionals - helpful, courteous and timely in responding to my questions. I received my purchases quickly and safely packaged.

It is unfortunate that as of March 2015 ArtFire has chosen to put ads in seller shops.

Sellers didn't know about this.

It makes it harder for a buyer to scroll through a listing. I will still purchase from a shop on ArtFire if that shop has what I need and the seller is a professional.

Horrible "indie" business! And ArtFire should be ashamed for supporting such shenanigans!

They do not stock all the items they say they do - they simply download their Grand Rapids suppliers catalog and upload it to AF.

Stock? Nope, they order what you want when you order from them!

Oh sure they probably have some odds and ends because their supplier sells a lot of items in multiple quantities that they have to take but ummm, that supplier also drop ships quite a bit of the SongBird customer orders!

After getting a royal runaround from Songbird after not receiving any of my items and no communication from them until I inquired on my order, I checked them out more thoroughly....and found out all this good stuff.

Between Etsy and ArtFire, I've started going back to the chains stores and .com's for my craft supplies (from which I create and make my living from selling my own handmade items) - so much for trying to support the little people like me!

I am so fed up with eBay that I will give anyone else a try ebay fees are through the roof Now the have a new payment plan it is Called ECHECK the payment processing can take 5 to 7 days or even longer. which means the buyer has to wait thinking it is the sellers fault the seller is sitting on a product that has potentially been sold, or so it appears online However there has not been any exchange of money yet. This is day 3 of my 4th or 5th Echeck Pain I tell you tHE Echeck is like kiting checks payment floating around Ebay has now discovered another way to squeeze a few more dollars out of every seller and buyer by holding the money and earning interest. Think of the millions extra this will make just by holding money 5 to 7 days for everyone who pays via e check It is also another way for Ebay to obtain your routing and transit # BAD BAD BAD idea Not necessarily that eBay will do you harm But your routing number should not be on a social selling site PERIOD> My though anyway This is like posting your social security number on the front door at Best Buy some numbers are not necessary to make a sale A Bank routing if one of them

Ok I am going for it

Look for Me I have Rock Reelvival Brand New at 754% off for back to school

theperfectperiwnkle

I have placed MANY orders with Songbird Crafts. My orders always came in a timely manner and contained exactly what I ordered.

I can honestly say I have recommended them to all my friends and will continue to do so. And their prices are fabulous !!!

I always save 30% 40% off retail. Plus shipping fees are very reasonable compared to most other online shops.

Songbird Crafts uses DHL shipping. We do not have a DHL office or warehouse in our city.

For delivery to me, the package eventually is given to the USPS.

After the USPS actually receives it, the package has been delivered to me within two days. I like the prices and selection of items Songbird Crafts offers, but I doubt I order from them again unless they offer a different shipping service.

I wasn't happy with this shop being on AF but admittedly I was able to get some polymer clay items (like Lisa Pavelka's texture sheet - way over priced from her) at some really good prices.

Shipping wasn't too super fast - but not bad either.

I ordered a felt applique stocking the same day I ordered from another company. Wanting to take a stocking on vacation so that I could start working on it, the other one arrived promptly within 2 days.

(the other company is in MN and SongBird is in MI - I live in Chicago) The stocking from SongBird didn't even ship for well over a week from the order date.

Now I am trying to return it for a credit back to my charge card and I am being told that I can only get a store credit....why on god's green earth would I ever want to do business with these people ever again? Think before you purchase!

View more comments (6)
ID
Manchester, New Hampshire
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article