Solstice Sunglasses Reviews

Show reviews that mention
customer service sunglasses service pair glasses customer store return receipt kind
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

False accusations

Solstice Sunglasses - False accusations
Today. Monday, 6 of July 2020. I went to the Barton Creek Square store with my husband and daughter to buy glasses, for my husband's birthday. It turns out that the employee accused me of being a thief. He said the police would call and kept telling me THIEF !!

User's recommendation: You should be looking for better people to work in your store.

ID
#2037647 Review #2037647 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Austin, Texas
Preferred solution
You owe me an apology

Verified Reviewer

Don't shop at Solstice Sunglasses
I ordered sunglasses that were $383 and they told me that my package was delivered but it never arrived or was stolen. They wouldn't reimburse me or send me a replacement and told me that they can't do anything for me, as the package was delivered. What kind of company has no insurance for lost or stolen packages. Also how can they send something so expensive without requiring the delivery service to get a signature from the receiver? I've attached an email Solistice Sunglasses sent me saying they will investigate and that I will be contacted by UPS to sign a non-receipt form, which I never received. Now they closed the investigation. What can I do now if Solistice Sunglasses doesn't reimburse me? I can't be the one paying for the stolen sunglasses.
ID
Cons
  • Slow problem solving
  • Bad shipping policies
  • Bad customer service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Full refund

Rude customer service

Went to staten island mall and decided to go into solstice sunglasses. This is suppose to be a high end store why is the salewomen with black hair and glasses so nasty and rude. Totally unfriendly and her attitude sucks.
Staten Island, New York
Cons
  • High price
Poor customer service

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

To Whom it May concern.. I placed an order with you guys for a pair of Gucci sunglasses TWICE. Both times you sent me the wrong color. Notations were made and I was supposed to be receiving a call about the status and how to proceed. I had to contact you guys a few times to find out the status of this situation. I just wanted to let you know that first that's unacceptable. Secondly, you guys "offer" me a 20% discount on my next order....that is an INSULT as EVERYONE gets 20% off. I spend quite a lot at your store and this "offer" for my inconvenience is the worst. I guess my money isn't worth anything to you guys.

Useless customer service. I tried calling to no avail as nobody picks up.

I'm in the same boat customer service is the worst ever!! IF THEY CARE THEY WOULD CONTACT US!

View more comments (1)
Metairie, Louisiana
Product
Gucci Sunglasses
Poor customer service

Solstice Sunglasses - Sunglasses Review from Brentwood, Tennessee

I ordered a pair of sunglasses on 2/20/15- they cancelled my order stating that the mail address was different from my billing address... However the reason was different with each customer service person I spoke with. Sooo- I ordered them again- this time shipped to same billing and shipping address- got a confirmation email stating the order was processing... 8 days later I heard nothing so I called to make sure order was placed- they said they were waiting for one pair on back order and then they would ship the order. I've usually had retailers ship the items that were in stock and wait to send the other items. Very disappointed in communications because it would have been nice to know the pair was not in stock when I ordered it.
Brentwood, Tennessee
Order processing issue

Terrible return experience at Solsticesunglasses.com

I had purchased a pair of sunglasses with a $150 e-gift certificate that I had received from my girlfriend. Along with the gift certificate I had to pay about $20 in additional charges to make up the difference. Upon receiving the sunglasses, I had decided to return them due to a size issue. I called solsticesunglasses.com customer support in April to ask whether I would receive the full value of the gift certificate back as credit, since the coupon had expired since I purchased it. I would not have returned the sunglasses otherwise. I was told that this would be the case and had decided to return my glasses for a different model. Upon receipt of the sunglasses, there was a problem with processing the return for a few weeks and I was finally issued a new coupon code. When I had entered the code the value was for $75, half of what I had initially in the $150 eGift certificate. I spoke with their customer service representatives regarding this and they said there was nothing they could do since the coupon I had initially purchased expired. I told them that I was assured that I would receive full value by their customer service earlier and that logically I would not have returned it otherwise. I've spoken to numerous customer service reps as well as one supervisor named Michelle, and they basically said that they can't do anything at this point. I can't even get the original sunglasses back. They've said that they can't refund the money for me either since this was a coupon purchased through ideeli. At this point blame keeps getting shifted around and there's no one willing to accept responsibility. In really the absence of being able to talk to anyone else without getting more headache and stress, I am turning to anyone that will lend an ear to help me. This has wasted more time and money than it is worth, but I honestly believe that this is a principle that I can not idly stand by for. I don't usually complain and having been in roles for sales and customer service before I understand the difficulty, but I believe it is absolutely unfair that since my decision was based on what I was told by solsticesunglasses.com and having been penalized for it, something needs to be done. Along with this, I would also like to make a mention that their customer service is very unprofessional as I've tried to contact them by email several times only to go with days without any kind of response. A couple of times they said they would get back to me in 24-48 hours,but they never did and I had to call them back. Also, the $20 they were supposed to have refunded to my account still hasn't been processed and at this point, I don't know what else to do.
Long Beach, California
Loss

Solstice Sunglass Boutique: Do not buy sunglasses here!

Do not buy sunglasses at Solstice Sunglass Boutique. Their shady business practices guarantee that they always win, and you will always lose. They make you initial on the receipt that you understand their return policy (all unworn merchandise can be returned within 30 days). The "unworn" part of this is completely up to their discretion. The these clowns, "Unworn" apparently means completely pristine, no scratches do to ineptitude by salespeople. They will go through the motions of letting you "check" the merchandise, but will never tell you to look careful for miniscule, "hairline" scratches. I bought a pair of Kate Spade sunglasses, took them home, tried them on one time, decided they were too big, and went back to return. The salespeople hemmed and hawed, "cleaned" the glasses multiple times to look for scratches (probably giving the lenses even more scratches) and finally told me they could not issue me a return for used merchandise. I had never worn these glasses, other than to try them on one time. It's fraud! Do not purchase from this company. They carry great products, but their return policy is misleading. I am going back on Monday to talk to the manager. I am so angry!
#1019053

If anybody buy shades from you crazy

@PissedConsumer1019053

Gucci is not made in Japan so tell about the knock off they just sent me!

I find this complaint HILARIOUS!! Considering I've work for them for 4 years I can guarantee we don't put more scratches on your glasses when you try to return them it is a micro fiber cleaning cloth that we use to clean the lenses with.

We clean them very well when you try to return them and our return policy is now 90days return the product has to be in re-sellable condition cause if its not our company loses a lot of money. NO ONE would come on our store wanting to buy glasses that someone has decided to be careless with for 30 to 90 days believe me it takes a lot of wear to scratch a lens. We have also worked out a deal that if you scratch the lens and hate the glasses now you can exchange them for something that is the same price or greater!

Shop at Sunglass hut all you want. 8)

Ha ha. SUNGLASS HUT you are funny.

Sadly, I had the same experience at a Solstice... so buyers beware.

#41959

I think you need to learn how to spell before you start complaining, how are they shady?.. I do not know about you but when I pay +$300 for my pair of Gucci I make sure they are in perfect condition even if they are from the wall, Just like I did when I bought my brand new Honda.

And here you are complaining about a pair of Kate Spade, how cheap can you get?... I didn't drive my Honda home, crashed it and then went back to get a new one. Next time just check them out better, It's not "FRAUD"... It's just that you were soo cheap you bought a pair of Kate Spade, wore them and then finally regretted spending the money so you went back and tried to get a refund.

And FYI them cleaning the lenses didn't give them more scratches, I am sure they used a micro fiber cleaning cloths which are actually the best for cleaning any lenses. Their return policy is amazing, I've been a loyal customer of them for 3 years, back in the day it was only 7 days and now it's 30 days.

I've never had a problem with them their stylist know everything that you need to know about their merchandise. In the future go shopping in china town I'm sure you will get better customer service, you clown.

@PissedConsumer41959

You are so unnecessarily rude. Calling her cheap repeatedly, a clown because she purchased Kate Spade shades and not Gucci ones?

You drive a Honda? Good for you. Now do I have a right to call you cheap because you paid what 14k for your car and not 70k for a luxury one? Maybe you should stop buying sunglasses and put that money towards your car payments.

Owning expensive things never gives you the right to look down on other people. In the world of credit cards nothing is unattainable.

So sweetheart, no one is impressed by the cost of you Gucci glasses but you. Just saying.

@PissedConsumer41959

"I didn't drive my Honda home, crashed it and then went back to get a new one." How about you go back to school before you start criticizing someone else's spelling because your grammar is horrendous. That means really really bad. LOL.

@PissedConsumer924517

Lmao

View more comments (7)
Alhambra, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article