Richard E Wgy

Cannot contact Soloflex with my problem of weight straps breaking

I have always been very happy with my Soloflex system. Recently, my weight straps have been breaking and Soloflex is no longer answering their phone
Pros:
  • Awesome system
Cons:
  • Weight straps get old and break

Preferred solution: Purchase new weight straps

User's recommendation: No advise

Soloflex went out of business in April. New bands can be purchased on Ebay

Gregory S Kcf

Order weight straps

I didn't get anyone to answer the phone when I called. So I wasn't able to order the weight straps that I needed. Not sure why no one answered the phone
Pros:
  • Like the machine
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Some one to answer the phone. I wanted to order online bu had a hard time

Guest

Soloflex ceased operations in April. That is, they went out of business. That's why no one answered the phone.

map-marker Urbandale, Iowa

Used to own one

I owned a soloflex years ago. The snapping motion of the rubber bands gave me terrible back & shoulder pain.

Worst machine ever. Bought machine with weight stack, along with free weights.

Best decision ever. Soloflex is over priced junk.

User's recommendation: Never buy one

Guest

I'm in the same position you are. 62 and disciplined but I need new bands.

I see lots of knockoff brands and can't get a call back from Soloflex to see if I can purchase and new OWM bands. Any thoughts where I can purchase new bands? Thanks. If texting is easier, I'm at 440-670-****.

Thanks. Tony :-)

Guest

I've been lifting a long time, and I will give a different opinion. I went from free weights, to 3 different Bowflex machines.

Bowflex is okay but the power rods for leg exercises are a joke. I finally gave in and bought a used Soloflex, with all attachments, and over 400lbs. of resistance straps, all for $150. I now have a special squat bar coming to make doing front squats, and squats easier to do.

Every form of exercise, whether free weights, Bowflex (horrible for legs), or Soloflex comes down to discipline. I am very self-motivated, and have no problem lifting weights 3 days a week and row 5-6 times a week. I am going into my fourth year of using Soloflex in April. Soloflex is awesome but it takes some getting use to, especially if all you have known are free weights.

Soloflex, Bowflex, or free weights are not magical if you don't have discipline they all become clothes hangers. To enhance my lifting experience with my Soloflex I also have hexagon dumbbells (10-20lbs), adjustable dumbbells (25-65lbs), and resistance bands. Then you add a rower to this and you can't lose! I'm 59 years old and I don't regret for one second purchasing my used Soloflex, especially being able to do pull-ups, chin-ups, and dips all on one machine.

I have spine surgery coming up due to spinal stenosis which is a bummer especially considering the fact that my favorite exercises are squats and front squats. Now if you're disciplined go and get some kind of workout equipment and get heaving those weights!!!

View more comments (1)
Natlie Bub

Verified Reviewer

The Solo-Flex Muscle Machine 30 year experiment....By. John Hobbs.. Professional Hater blog writer destroyer

SoloFlex was the genius idea of a great man Jerry Wilson. Yes he did say..."If your tough enough to wear them out we will replace them". pertaining to the resistance bands. What Jerry did not say is...." Buy a SoloFlex in 1988.....Use it for 6 months.....continue to be a fat ***... Then 30 years latter... Pull your machine out of your crusty *** storage unit.. Where it has been sitting rusting and rubber does get brittle after 3 decades kids...Then call the company and try to get replacement straps... because you want to sell it at your garage sale next to your Poki-man card collection... or wait 30 years and find a blog....ANY blog and *** about the price that you paid for the machine in 1986"... Which by the way Jerry,,,,Marilyn,,,,Stuart....Connie,...,Molly...or...Brian... Did not force you to pay... Its the price you chose to pay.....Now your all butt hurt over a 30 year old piece of rubber that you could make your self if you had half of the infectious drive that the Wilson family has.... Just because you don't look like the shirtless spokes model, because the only resistance type work-out you have been doing is trying to tear the *** Twinkies wrapper off for the last 3 decades... looking like you used your inheritance to buy a burger king so you could make your own double bacon Whopper looking ***. I'll tell you this Mr. and Mrs. couch potatoes eating couch potatoes. The Wilson family will always be some of the most genuine, nicest, giving, caring people I have ever met.(I.E.) family basketball games at the house...I can say i am a Very proud owner of a 1986 SoloFlex Muscle Machine... Every resistance band is in perfect working order... But here is the difference.... I've used mine almost every day since 1986.. And have kept very good care of my equipment......and my Solo-Flex...(LOL).. I believe SoloFlex is a big reason I am a very successful business man today... i truly believe that, Not only did it make me feel good about myself... I look great.. and come across as someone that has had the pleasure of having the Wilson family and the SoloFlex muscle machine push me to the top of the cooperate ladder where i stand proudly today... Oh yeah...I did make one minor change to my SoloFlex...Two years ago I had it gold plated.. You know.....Cause I could.....I'm just saying Go buy a trampoline next time you clown.......Thanks Jerry!!!!!!---- John Hobbs {{Redacted}} #soloflex
Reason of review:
because i choose to be. And my body is by Soloflex......Not Hotpocket..

"Body by Hotpocket." Damn. :D

Guest

Thank you for sharing that.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1886216

For sure.. I find it very healthy to speak your mind and release the tension and built up aggression and anger that might be dwelling burning holes in your stomach and/or heart.

I hope it didn't come off as total dickish. But I just can't stand a whiner. Anyways thanks for the acknowledgement.

It makes my rants worth it. "TRY NOT...DO YOU MUST"--YODA

View more comments (2)
Brienna Vxs

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Providence, Rhode Island

Screwed slowly over time

Solo Flex produced thousands of high end 2000 dollar exercise work stations back in the 1980's to present. The system used flexible bands, the company policy always replaced the bands if split or worn, no questions asked,it was a life time warranty that mysteriously changed over the years from 6 yrs>2 yrs>1 yr > 6 months and now you pay for all replacement bands that have skyrocketed 900% over original cost. I paid 2000 back in 1980 that was akin to spending 5000 dollars today. The new president of the family run company came off like a stone cold arrogant *** reading me the bible of corporate *** on margin and costs to make the bands for the station.

They would not replace several cracked bands that i returned. they never shipped the defective bands back to me either....they wanted all the money and (president/ceo Connie Wilson) refused to comment on the warranty policy that doesn't exist anymore, or exactly why they dropped replacement support for an expensive piece of hardware that is rendered useless with out proper weight groups.

they knew then and now their product is defective in the 5,10,and 25 pound resistance straps and rather than satisfy the customer and protect the consumer from potential injury if the bands snapped , they chose to screw their customer base and drop the ball.This is a flexible rubber that was sold as near indestructible for the life of the machine. that banter changed over the years.In fact they upgraded the quality years ago and shipped the new bands design free of cost , to me and other solo flex customers."some improvement eh"! Now I have a unit that can only use weight plates as an alternative. that was not the way the machine was supposed to work, and not what i paid for.do not buy anything from SOLO FLEX FITNESS CORP HILLSBORO OREGON !!! they no longer take my calls and apparently believe that the cost and investment in their product is not worth the cost of standing behind any warranty worth a spit. this was a scam and *** job, big sales hype and incentive to by attachments and add ons ......very expensive investment and big disappointments !

Loss:

Monetary loss!!! Please....

get off your *** and workout. Hang from the bar...that's worth fifty bucks right there....the vertical Situps alone is worth $500- to my 58 year young back. Find a way to get your gym in gear cause' the attitude has loser written all over . Soloflex is a winner since day one.

I still have my 1985 brochure and promotion video cassettes!

Monetary loss....please. maybe you can sell it used

Guest

The Soloflex is a superior gym system. I have owned three Soloflex muscle machine s and the straps dry out over time.

Use real weights if you choose. I love the gym and buy off market straps if you need to order more. My third Soloflex was fully used and equipped...in great condition. My cost from a local family was $125- cash.

! The entire gym. I still maintain it well.

Straps get old....live with it. Soloflex is a winner to this day!!!!!!

Ignacia Mal

I’ve already posted a complete comment regarding this guy’s demands for satisfaction. Solo flex never offered a lifetime warranty on their bands the longest was 10 years and the machine was only 450 bucks in 1983.

Mine has worked great for years with the understanding that I do have to replace some of the lower value bands 5, 10 and 25 pounds every ten years or so. This guy’s facts are wrong and he may be angry but he doesn’t have a basis for being angry.

Ignacia Mal

Soloflex bands never came with a lifetime warranty. They came with a 10 year warranty.

And in 1983 they were $550 not thousands. I know I still have mine from when I bought it in 1983. You can buy 185 pounds of bans from solflex for only $330 and 405 pounds for only $530. Furthermore if you buy a new set now the ones that you buy today have a five year warranty.

Mostly because I think over time the company realized the lower level bands, 25 lbs or less don’t last 10 years.

Higher value bands 50 to 100 pounds rarely break (I bought a set of hundred pound ones when they first came out because they didn’t have them on the original machine and they still work fine). Soloflex is a great company and they make a great product, with the exception of replacing a couple of sets of 25,10 and 5 pound bands, I have had and used mine for 38 years with no issues.

Natlie Bub

Oh yeah...I did make one minor change to my SoloFlex...Two years ago I had it gold plated.. You know.....Cause I could.....I'm just saying Go buy a trampoline next time you clown.......Thanks Jerry!!!!!!---- John Hobbs #soloflex #stopthewhining #stopeatingtwinkies #actuallyuseyoursoloflexyoufatass

reply icon Replying to comment of Natlie Bub

Have owned my Soloflex since the early 80s. It was good for what I purchased it for for many years (basic upper body resistance with no spotter required).

It was put aside for many years and I was thrilled to find out that resistance straps were still available after nearly 40 years.

There are limitations, but it has some good uses, not the least of which straps can be supplemented with plates (giving some resistance from initial movement of the bar). No complaints, then or now.

reply icon Replying to comment of Natlie Bub

Awesome machines. I have five of them bought at garage sales.

It is indestructible.

They are all in perfect condition. I use them everyday.

Nice burn.

Guest

Hey there’s this thing called the internet. You can find many strap options.

How many product mfgs are even still around after 30 plus years? Go buy some used straps cheap and actually use the machine. Soloflex is one of the best workout machines ever made.

I have two, plus a Rockit. I’m 55 and ripped.

I never have a problem with Solo Flex Co. Shipped my parts no problems. LoL

View more comments (27)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article