DON'T USE THESE GUYS

Please do not use Marcel of Solid Movers. They showed up 20 minutes late and had to leave before the move was done due to another appointment. When a few pieces of furniture would not fit up the stair, they gouged us for another $150 to winch them from a first floor deck to a second floor deck. While disconnecting the washing machine, they broke the shut off valve at the cold water line and refused to take responsibility for the damage. I had to hire a plumber and pay another $150 to fix it, so the incomplete move cost $300 more than it should have.

I have a big doubt about the truth of this. I've used Marcel twice now and he is the best I've had and I've moved a few times. I would take this complaint with a big grain of salt!

Ashland, Oregon

Stole $1000+ From my 81 Year Old Mother

I called Marcial to get a quote to move my 81 year old, disabled mother and I from Medford Oregon to Roseburg Oregon (100 miles). He arrived for our appointment to give a quote promptly. He was polite, professional and seemed very prepared. He had actually moved my Mom’s piano to my apartment a couple of years prior to this, when he was working for another company. He even offered to rent the U-Haul and drive it for me and include this in the price. (I found out later this is illegal as he is not authorized by ODOT to do this.) At his urging I cancelled the truck I had reserved. Because he seemed very professional and organized, and also because of the wonderful reviews I had read on Craigslist... and let's face it, because I am way too naive (aka, ***), we paid him in advance. He practically ran to the bank with my Mom's check, cashing it within hours. A few days later, after reading some negative comments on Craiglist, I started to get nervous so I called Marcial, just to check on things. He didn’t get right back to me, but when he did call he assured me that all was in place and he would be at my apartment at 8:30am on moving day. Moving Day: No Marcial… I call, I text...he makes a couple of vague excuses but then never shows. He follows up with equally vague promises that he will pay my Mom back. He didn’t. My wonderful friends came to my rescue and packed a U-Haul the next day, and I hired a great company BACKSAVERS to unpack the truck. They were very organized and professional. I paid a small deposit, and the rest after all was done. I assure you that I am a real person, and not in any way associated with Backsavers or any other moving company. Just an *** who was too trusting… but willing to embarrass myself in order to possibly help someone else.

I've read through this and another comment on Marcel. To be honest, they do not seem accurate.

Who would pay someone in advance for something they didn't ask for? This sounds made up and I don't know why people go to so much trouble to post horrible complaints. It's not easy to make a living as a mover!! I've used Marcel twice and he was the best.

I'm writing this comment because it really bothers me that people complain outloud. It can really damage someone's work and it should not, because he is great!

@PissedConsumer1172233

TRUST ME - THAT WAS REAL!!! It was also very painful, embarrassing, and expensive.

He was actually convicted of this offense.

I testified to the DA.

Want more details? I can give dates, and provide documentation.

View more comments (1)
Kennewick, Washington

Movers

The company told me to get the U Haul by 0800 for Saturday. The day they picked and never called or showed they were to be there by 0900. I called at0930 and they said they lost are number and had double booked. i said I understood but communication is important. we called back at 1100 and his mailbox was full. so we texted and explained our food was out of the freezer and at the other house. he finally responded back and said "YOUR TOO MUCH YOU MIGHT SEE ABOUT OTHER MOVERS" and we sat with a empty truck. We peaced together 2 other moving companies.I wouldnt trust there word. THEY FAILED!

The same thing happened to me, but I filed charges, and I hope Marcial is doing better after he was confronted with the consequences of his actions.

Talent, Oregon

About

Summary

SOLID MOVERS LLC is presented to be a licensed and bonded moving company. It offers moving assistance along with all necessary moving supplies. It also does emergency moves. SOLID MOVERS LLC doesnt charge extra for furniture pre-wrapping, moving upstairs as well as appliances and heavy items, etc. The company has been on the market for over 15 years. SOLID MOVERS LLC works in the next way: a client rents a truck, and the employees of the company do the rest about moving. SOLID MOVERS LLC is based in Medford, OR. The company also provides its assistance services out of the city of the companys location. Its area of operating covers such cities as Bend, Eugene, and Portland, etc.

SOLID MOVERS LLC reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article