Software King Reviews

Show reviews that mention
office key software money keys business computer microsoft office vendor refund
Filter review

If You Like Throwing Away Money

I purchased Microsoft Office for over $100 to use on a computer that I had at the time, which later crashed. I purchased a new computer and contact Software King to activate the product that I had purchased on that computer. They told me that I needed to log in with the address that I used to purchase the product, which I cannot do, because, since then, Microsoft linked incorrect accounts together. Now I can no longer use the product I paid for and there is ZERO SUPPORT available to help me with this issue. Meanwhile, it's the busiest I've ever been at work and I've lost four hours on this already today.
Microsoft Office Suite
Cons
  • This costing me a day of work during an incredibly busy time
Poor customer service

Not happy

They took my money and never send my software. We Order 3 office software and we waited 3 days no email came up. I called several times and they never answer the call. I sent several email and they never responsed. I'm very dis satisfied with the service. I called again and spoke to the supervisor. They told me it was sent via email which I never received I ask for the copy again and they said they cannot send anymore. We were very dis appointed and we want our money back. I will let anyone knows about this. I will call ombudsman about their service and please send my money back.

I just ordered two copies of Microsoft Office 2010 Home & Student from Amazon and received two working product keys without any problems with activation.

They are packaged as only the product keys in a sealed box then you go to the Microsoft website to enter the keys where it verifies the product key. It will give you the opportunity to download the software directly from them unless you have it already.

The software itself is nearly impossible to find unless you find it on a scam website which I don't recommend.

I purchased from a reseller where the purchase was fulfilled by Amazon which I figured was safer than any of the other resellers. I would give you the name of the reseller, but I don't know if it's allowed.

Order processing issue

Fake

The company sells fake software. I ordered Office 2010 and when I activate the software It tells me activated multiple times and I ask for the replacement but they refuse. Please help me. I called several times and they refuse to answer my call. I send multiple email but theres no reply from them. I want my money back. I will not stop until I got my money. I will report this to all my friends and social media. Its been a month now that I never heard any from this company. My statement still shows the charge and I called my bank still charge is there. Stop sending fake keys and give me my money back.
Microsoft Ms Office Home And Student Office Suite
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss

Resolved: Busted By Microsoft!!! Stay Away!

Software King - Busted By Microsoft!!!  Stay Away!
Software King - Busted By Microsoft!!!  Stay Away!
Update by user Mar 09, 2017

Software King refunded the full price of the bootleg software they sold to me and my complaint with the BBB in Canada has been closed.

Update by user Jan 21, 2017

Better Business Bureau of Mainland B.C. gave Software King until January 17 for a response.

Software King has still not responded as of January 21, 2017.

The BBB marked in my complaint: "No Response from Business re: Consumer Rebuttal".

The BBB never responded to me either. Since I had not heard from either of them, I thought I should check the status myself.

Obviously the BBB in Canada is no better than Software King. I have always had good results with the BBB in the U. S.

I believe Software King is afraid to respond because they are being sued by Microsoft for selling counterfeit software.

Microsoft filed their lawsuit around the same time I filed my report to the BBB so the timing was terrible. I also filed a complaint with Microsoft and they never responded.

I am still holding software that is useless because Software King sold me a bad key I cannot use.

Original review posted by user Dec 22, 2016
I ordered Office 2010 Home and Student from this company and discovered recently my product key was no good. It kept giving me an error message that it had been used too many times. I was late installing it because I was waiting for a new computer to arrive from HP otherwise I would have discovered it sooner. I have a collection of email discussions with these crooks where they kept telling me the product key was valid just because it shows up on Microsoft's website as valid (see attached image). The one point they would not acknowledge was my key was for a different version of Office 2010 that no longer exists so the software will never work or if it does activate it will be temporary because it deactivates on its own. Microsoft busted them recently and is suing them for selling counterfeit software and keys. There is an article online about it at: http://www.seattlepi.com/business/tech/article/Microsoft-sues-alleged-counterfeiter-after-1079****.php. I'm not sure if this will remain active for long. I filed a complaint with Microsoft and the BBB in Canada. Apparently they are based in Canada and not the U. S. as they claim. I haven't heard much from them and the company is defending itself putting the blame on me. I have had good experiences with Software King in the past and even recommended them online. If I had known about this scam I never would have ordered from them. Unfortunately Microsoft will be the only one to benefit from this while the rest of us who lost money will get nothing. So who is really the victim here? Microsoft or us? Unfortunately the days of buying old software online are probably over. I wouldn't even trust software sold at Amazon unless they distribute it themselves and not through a reseller who could be a crook. Save your money and don't buy from this slimy company. Fortunately I already have a legitimate version of MS Office 2007 and the product key works and has since I bought it. I wanted 2010 because I beta tested it for Microsoft before it came out and liked it better. As I explained to those robots at Software King, I wanted an older version of Office because it was going on my new computer which is for offline use only. Due to recent computer attacks, I got rid of my other computer and purchased two new laptops--one online and the other not. I recommend anyone who has been ripped off by this company to file a complaint with the BBB, local, state, or federal authorities. I reported them to everybody before I found out about this bust.
Resolved
Microsoft Ms Office Home And Student Office Suite
Pros
  • Refund months later
Cons
  • Lied to and deception
Reason of review
Poor customer service, order processing issue, defective product, refund policy, scammed
Deliver product or service ordered

Product key invalid

I just tried to re-install Office 2016 for Home which I purchased from Softwareking about 6 months ago. I just bought a new computer and thought that I could just reinstall it with the original product key. After several attempts and continuous "invalid key" errors, I contacted Microsoft. They looked into it and now they are telling me that I'm the victim of piracy. The key code is not for sale so there isn't anything they can do. I tried to contact customer service but I'm not getting any response from them. Don't purchase anything from this vendor. They are apparently running a shady business and ripping people off!

What's ironic is this company had a good reputation a few years ago and now are involved in criminal activity. I ordered twice from them a few years ago and received good service and software that works.

They suck now.

I have a pending case against them that I know is never going to be resolved because they missed their response date set by the BBB (in Canada). If I had known they were operating in Canada I never would have ordered from them.

I have Office 2016 too. It's the slowest thing even on a fast computer which is why I wanted to get Office 2010 Home/Student from Software King because I trusted them before. Now I have slow and worthless.

I just bought the full version of WordPerfect last month from Corel at a very steep discount.

I think I'm going to dump Microsoft once and for all. I filed a complaint with Microsoft too and they never responded.

I think the problem with the no responses is because Microsoft filed a lawsuit against Software King recently and nobody wants to admit guilt.

Brooklyn, New York
Microsoft Office Suite
Bad quality
Full refund

I this company even in Business? My product key stopped working!

In September of 2014 I purchased a license for Excel 2010. In the fall of 2015 while trying to use Excel as I did daily, I got a message that my Key was invalid. Since then and now, February 22, 2016, I have attempted to reach this company nearly daily. The phone response is always, please wait for assistance, then " We are unable to take your call, Good Bye". The Chat response is, "Chat Session ended" shortly after I start the chat, with no contact made at all. If you are considering buying something from Software King, you should try contacting them first. I think they are out of business or scamming. I just don't know. Good Luck, Goose
Los Angeles, California
Cons
  • Robbed
  • Fraudulant
Poor customer service
Deliver product or service ordered

Same Complaints

Purchased Microsoft Office 2013 Student for $109 and I entered the product key and said it was invalid. When I first purchased a product, they emailed me saying I had to call them to give them more information to protect against "fraud". I was patient enough to give them the necessary info and they gave me a product key thereafter. I waited a couple days to enter it because I was very busy at the time. Now that I have, the site to enter this product key says it was invalid. Now I'm mad because I have to waste more time to call them back on business hours and explain this situation. If I don't get a valid product key or a full refund, its starting to smell like a lawsuit. This is my first review and I don't mind informing others of this annoyance. If I learned something, it is DON'T purchase from Software King!!!

I hope you didn't give them anything real personal like social security number, other credit cards, etc. If you used any credit/debit card for Software King I suggest you cancel that card immediately and get a new number.

You may have to change your account number if that was used in a transaction with these crooks.

Sometimes these criminals will wait a month or longer before they try to use your card number. This isn't my first time being ripped off. I've had this happen many times even before the name Identity Theft was even imagined. Also set up alerts on all of your bank accounts.

It will alert you if something strange is going on. Don't wait.

After I purchased from Software King in November 2016 and received a bogus product key, the same card I used for the purchase was hacked. I know it was them.

I had charges galore up to the tens of thousands of dollars.

Fortunately I was smarter than these crooks and had fraud alerts on all bank accounts prior that blocked all but two charges. The two charges that were charged were under $100 and the bank reimbursed me for them.

@Sharis Btd

Sorry. I didn't realize this was an old post. I thought I saw a 2016 date.

View more comments (1)
Problems with payment

RE-using Microsoft Product Keys

I recently purchased Microsoft Office 2013 Professional from a software vendor named Software King. However, about a month later I was prompted to activate the software, which I thought I had already done previously. The Product Key I entered was invalid. Upon checking with Microsoft, I discovered that this same Product Key had been used at least seven times before by other users! Hence, it was invalid, meaning that I paid for software that I cannot use. All indications are that this company is secretly re-using software product keys and selling software that has already been purchased and downloaded. When I informed the vendor that they were "busted" they quickly sent me a refund number.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article