Need to reset my tub

I am still having issue trying to reset my tub. What do I need to do to stop it from coming on and off all the time?
#1969252

I bought my 220 softub in 1996. I opted to set it up in my extra bedroom on a large vinyl tarp, much to my wife's surprise.

It does come on to maintain the water temperature (Mine stays at 100 degrees) using the excess heat from the pump to heat the water, so it is always ready for use. When I bought it, I was told my electric bill will increase about $7 a month, but I have to admit, I really did NOT notice an increase.

I'm 76 now, and it does get used rather frequently, and as for repairs, I changed out the air valve in the control panel 4 years ago. I drain and refill it every 3 months, chlorinate quite frequently because it does get used.

ID
#1962420 Review #1962420 is a subjective opinion of poster.

No answer on customer service line. No response. Bad service

Question about using oxy-spa nonchlorinated shock. I haven't used it, but wonder if it's OK? Also, does softcare Chlor contain cyanuric acid?
La Jolla, California

They will leave you high and dry

I purchased a Softub from them for a higher price than the area outlet store because they told me "You better buy from us. We only do repairs on tubs we sell. They don't do repairs" So I did indeed buy one from them. 8 yrs later the lining started dissolving despite me doing what they said EXACTLY with the needed chemicals. I took the tub to them and paid 950.00 to get it relined. Five months later the tub leaked out most of the water. Close inspection revealed it was coming from the within the tub body. I called to make an appointment to get this also repaired but was told "Sorry .. we don't do those kind of repairs here" So I have about 4500 bucks into a useless tub. If I want to get it repaired at the next closest place, I have to pay 400 to ship it there and 400 to ship it back. Or I could drive the 9 hrs, leave it and come back again in a week. I have talked with several Softub repair technicians about this and one told me he has NEVER heard of a leak developing inside the tub body before except in the winter when it was left sitting empty and there is a significant freeze. My leak began in August..no freezes at all in this area then! He further said the leak was most likely the result of the re-lining being done incorrectly. I sent an email about all this to a higher up at the manufacturer .. 2 weeks ago . .Ed McGeary and asked him to help me get a resolution on this. He has not answered as yet. So beware about buying a Softub in Oregon. There is no place to get needed repairs done CORRECTLY!

I agree. I bought a soft tub years ago and it ran for a little while and stopped completely.

I was told that I had a bad motor. This is ridiculous because I only had about a months use of it. Then I found out that Softtub was selling reconditioned or units without the original parts as if it was perfect new.

When I found this out they quickly sent me a"new" pump however this pump only turned I a fraction of one second and quit. It was a very expensive and frustrating mistake choosing softub.

Woodburn, Oregon
Cons
  • Left me high and dry
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article