Verified Reviewer

Verification of address change letter

Not long ago I received a letter from APEX Clearing asking me to verify my address. But my address has never changed. I don't know why I got this letter. In other words, my address hasn't changed. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Please help me.

Verified Reviewer

I received a nsf but money was not returned , any or all.

I made a transfer from Huntington Bank to Sofi.com in the amount of $1,000.00 . I received a nsf fee on my Huntington Bank account but did not receive any returned money in either money institutions. This happened in mid March 2021. Shouldn't I receive some or all of the transferred funds?

User's recommendation: Beware of their online account ledgers and delays to deposits processing.

#2001332

If you did not have $1000 to begin with, how is your loss $1000?

ID
Pros
  • Diversity of products
Cons
  • Not user friendly
Loss
Full refund

Beware SoFi

Just browsing around about Student loans, I was directed to the SoFi site to see what they had to offer. I've been solicited for several "personal loans" of late and so thought I'd just check into SoFi's rates... On the home page one can choose from several loan options to Learn More, and once I clicked on Personal Loans a page opened with an option to Check Rates. I clicked that and filled out a short form to check my rates, but once submitted another page opened stating that I had been DECLINED! I hadn't applied for the *** loan, so why was I declined? Furthermore I hadn't provide a SS #, nor did I approve any credit pull, so that couldn't have been a factor; my immediate thought was that the DECLINE was based on my age, which is discriminatory. So the "letter" on the page that declined me stated the reason as "Other", and if one wanted more specific information one should call ######. I called the number and "mumbled name" said he would check, then came back and said that there are 4 reasons... credit history, employment, and I forget the other 2, but I swear I think it was birth date. I'm like hold up, how come credit, since I didn't authorize even a "soft" credit pull and I didn't complete an application. He said that what I had filled out was a "pre-application" and as such they could do a soft credit pull. I said it was MISLEADING to offer a Check Rates, that without the consumers knowledge turns into an application, pre-application or any kind of serious application for a loan and that their website was misleading. Long story short, I finally said that I did not want ANY RECORD of this transaction. I am very cautious with my credit, and the subsequent reporting. For the record, my credit is in the mid-700's, so that in itself would not have been a reason to decline-had I actually applied for a loan, which I did not. Watch out for this misleading offer or "check rates". A personal loan is a bad deal anyway, and I was not interested, other that checking rates against Amex and Discover, both of which have offered me a personal loan-pre-approved. I haven't accepted either.
Product
Sofi Website
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Fix you misleading website to state Pre-apply vs "Check Rates"

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article