NO SOAP, but was charged for it.

A few weeks ago I sent an email to Smoky Mountain Lye Soap, ordering a package of 10 bars of unscented soap, which they charged our credit card for, but we never received it. Last year I bought 2 single peppermint-scented bars, but when they came they were still soft. I left them in a drawer until they dried out and by then they had shrunk so small the wrapping was almost twice the size of the shrunken bar, and the soap was no longer truly a 7-oz bar. I shouldn't have ordered from them again, but I really need lye soap and couldn't at that time find another place to order.
ID
Blythewood, South Carolina
Reason of review
Problem with delivery

Soft stinky soap

we ordered 100 bars of Smoky Mountian Lye Soap on august 8, 2012. on the the soap was very soft when we received it. was printed on wrapper to unwrap soap let it air out for several days . when we did that it was so soft we left finger prints on it anywhere we touched. after it was completely dry and hard it stunk really bad so i tried to use it in shower and it stunk so bad i had to get a different bar of soap of a different kind to get the stink off of me. Jodi (Jody) Secaur is the name of the owner of Smoky Mountain Lye Soap.His s phone number is listed as 865.774.9714 but he doesn"t answer the phone it is a fax plugged into the phone line. also his cell is 865.680.5639 but he won't answer when we call goes directly to voice mail he emailed me that he would return our money but hasn't done it.

This customer is very untruthful in the fact that their money was refunded for full amount even though they did not return the complete order. It was discussed with them before they ordered that the soap was going to be softer than other soap they have experienced because Smoky Mountain Lye Soap does not add hardeners and other chemicals since it detracts from the true benefits of lye soap and our soap is made the complete natural way as our ancestors did.

They did not follow instructions as provided when they received it. The only loss involved was to us of 100 bars of good soap since we will not resell any product returned to us.

ID
Inola, Oklahoma
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article