I strongly recommend anyone to work with smartData.

We search for the technology partner coming up with the solutions and the partnership with the smartData is very successful. I am very proud that we continue to expand that relationship with them in different areas. I really appreciate the development team for understanding the businesses for global prices, demonstrating market needs. the team was very keen to talk and understand the project. I strongly recommend anyone to work with smartData.
Service
Website Development Shop Web Development
Pros
  • Good customer service
Reason of review
Good customer service

SmartData Enterprises Ripped Me Off!!!

Update by user Nov 24, 2014

This issue has since been resolved. The smartData team did a great job of turning this situation around and making me very happy.

I once again have confidence in smartData and would recommend them to colleagues. Thank you for making it right, smartData.

Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2014
I am not normally a big complainer, but in this case I cannot let go of the shoddy job that smartData Enterprises did on our mobile application and online website. It’s probably my fault for being naïve enough to buy into their promises and for not severing our relationship after months had passed the promised due date and they still had not finished our software. I guess what it comes down to is that they are an outsourced, overseas company and you get what you pay for. I don’t know why I expected a professional outcome from amateur developers. Like I said, they kept promising me they could do it, and I foolishly believed them. What I ended up with was a software that had such butchered code that when we hired a real developer, we had to pay for the whole thing all over again because it was so unstable that it had to be rewritten. Did smartData offer to refund the money we had paid them? NOPE! They claimed the code was fine even though the app was crashing every few seconds and the website constantly directs the user to error pages. We have tried vehemently to get a refund and they have refused. Do yourself a favor and steer waaaaaaaay clear of smartData and anyone associated with them unless all you want is a rinky-*** brochure site. They aren’t even worth the $13/hour. They are that bad. Signed, Sincerely Disappointed
Punjab Province , Pakistan
Cons
  • Software
  • Deadlines
  • Mobile app
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Great experience with SmartData

My experience with Smart Data is and continues to be just to opposite of what is expressed here with these negative reviews. Sure the programers some mess up a spelling or punctuation or even break somethings in the development process. But having said that I am continually amazed at how hard working and willing to get it right the programers that I was working with are. Their communication is great they in term of regularity they give me daily updates and we Skype about once every other day. Some bonehead was complaining about the language, sure it's not native English but for goodness sakes your paying about 10 to 15 bucks and hour for a programer (at least in my case) who is quite knowledgeable in .NET, C#, html, j-query, MS sql. I went through two other development firms, here in the good old US of A and after over 30k and one year later had squat to show for it. Smart data picked up the pieces and has and continues to deliver the EMR system that we have always dreamed about. I want to say a couple of things to any one contemplating an even moderately complex site/web app. Whether you hires some one hear or overseas plan to spend in the neighborhood of 30 to 50k overseas, and about 50k or 80k for someone here. If you plan to use the people in Mohali do: Give clear mock ups and instructions with lots of annotations. Plan to converse with them several times a week at about 8 to 11pm if you are on pst. I found it better to hire by the hour but that would depend on the project. And my project is not small. Have a good Skype connection and a quiet desk environment. They are very eager to communicate and once you get used to the accent it isn't a problem at all. Good luck.
ID

Smartdata enetrprises is a scam artist

They commit FRAUD by bidding low on projects they know they cannot possibly complete. Then, they waste your time with a "project manager" that has no idea what he is talking about and put up some static HTML page mock-up. Then, they will come back and tell you that whatever project you are trying to accomplish is impossible and the only way to do it will be to use whatever programming language you are not using which will cost much more. Then they will require a larger deposit and when you're not willing to pay it, they will convince you to cancel your project. Awarding ANY projects or paying ANY money to these SCAM ARTIST is not only a waste of money but will severely delay your project and waste more of your time than you can ever imagine. If they bid on your project, you're better off paying these SCAM ARTIST money to leave you alone. This company is a complete SCAM.

If you plan to use the people in Mohali do:

Give clear mock ups and instructions with lots of annotations.

I found it better to hire by the hour but that would depend on the project.

And my project is not small.

Have a good Skype connection and a quiet desk environment.

smartData only deal with foregin clients. I don't think we had worked with any client name "Foster" from New Delhi

Want to express my gratitude towards smartData, who pro-actively handled 3 of my most complex projects. This ultimately gave my business such a growth which i could have never imagined with my previous service providers.

Anyone who is not satisfied with current service provider, should/must use smartData for having delightful experience. Earlier I was scared to outsource, but as they took over the job, i felt i can not take a decision right any more than to chose them. They very well knew my pain points and hence addressed it very well. The best thing was about their transparent system, where they keep me posted about every little detail of my project.

For this:

UPDATE users SET password = '$newpass' WHERE username = '$username'

2 people x 4 days x 10 hours a day x 25$/h rate.

When confronted - nothing to say.

Technically, they are doing 20-30min work and bill for 10-20 hours.

Stay away - these guys are professional frauds.

The ones who are "happy" are just SEO people from india talking nonsenses.

None of them shows their name nor their website where 50,000 was spent. Also I did not see anything with 50k on elance or odesk.

This seems some fake person (competition company) writing against smartData as the post is from Delhi, when smartData has only overseas customer.

We enjoyed working with them and will always recommend them for their professionalism and commitment to words.

i dont agree either. smartdata did a super job managing our complex requirements and delivering a solution.

we have recieved a near - 100% approvalfrom visitors to our site.

we would happily recommend smartdata to potential clients interested in web services such as design & development. this is a world class designfirm,

in my opinion.

Had a good experience working with them, they are professional, skilled and active in communication. Maybe you would be in that 5% of employers who don't understand provider's side, will suggest to be in their shoes sometimes and then will be able to co-ordinate better and get things done successfully, like I did :)

I do not agree here. They have been the best people to deal with for any project development.

They completed my project within the time and budget. You need to be more clear with your requirements and also understand their point of view.

They have the best of analysts, developers and testers. I give them 100% marks and thumbs up for any work needed.

I don't agree either. We have worked with smartData for over two years.

We have had large projects with complicated functionality and they have done a wonderful job. Their hard work and dedication has exceeded our greatest expectations.

They have devoted themselves to getting it right. I truly appreciate the work they have done for our company and I highly recommend them.

I had exactly the same experience as Fosters...SmartData has just about ruined my business.

They looked great on Odesk, but they have been an absolute nightmare to work with. They ran out all of my money in two months ($5500 USD) and provided nothing but a static website that didn't work at all. Then asked me for more money.

I had to beg and threaten and plead over and over to get them to finish the site for what they quoted me.

They could not do anything I asked them to do right, it took me at least ten times of trying my best to explain things as simple as "center this text on the page" or "use the same font throughout" or "don't put a space before any punctuation".

Everytime they'd fix something, they'd mess something else up. There were so many bugs in the site, and they are some still there that I'm scared to ask them to fix for fear they'll break something else.

The site was promised to be done in two months, it took 25 months before they could get it to barely work.

Now I've been told my numerous other developers that it's so messed up in the background that nobody will work on it, so I'm stuck with a site that can't be updated unless I want to risk having SmartData break it again.

Not only that, I've just been severly hacked and they put malware all through the site. Upon trying to contact SmartData for a back up copy, I've been ignored.

It's cost almost $1000 more to fix the damage done to my site by the hackers, and the people that are fixing say that whoever did this to me has my passwords to be able to gain such high access that they changed all of the file permissions, etc. Nobody else at all has these passwords except me and SmartData. And this is of course after SmartData assured me that my site was secure.

I cannot discourage you enough not to go with SmartData. Maybe they're ok for a basic site, but as far as anything more complicated than a static site, they promise you and convince you they can do it, but they haven't got a clue.

I also found out from someone that was fired from SmartData that they scammed me into hiring a "Fresher" that was being trained on my site...so I was paying for two people at a time (supposedly because it would get done twice as fast), but one of the people was actually just in training and I was paying for it, both in time and money.

They are polite people, that will promise you the world and agree with everything you say, but they do not think of a single thing on their own accord, they don't have any common sense, they don't have very advanced skills, and they don't really understand English that well.

Even their own employees tell me SmartData are SCAM ARTISTS

View more comments (12)
Delhi, Delhi

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article