Taken my money & RUN!!!!

I book a set of 12 sessions at Christmas last year as a treat for myself. When I called in January to book my first appointment I found out the company had split from Watterson Slimming and was now called Slim proved. Not impressed with their service over the phone and how I was spoken to, I demanded a refund and it is now 9 months on and no one has even bothered to contact me. I called them on numerous occasions and got told by the receptionists that they can only pass messages on to the Watterson Slimming team but not give me any contact details for anyone. I also got told that getting a refund would be something that the board would have to decide, so I thought I'd wait. I have been waiting and waiting.............. for nine months now........... I believe their a bunch of crooks that have taken my money and not provided me with a service or a refund!!!!!
London, England
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Full refund

Slimproved - details for a refund

Hi guys, I was denied a refund after finding out I was unable to have the treatment carried out, a doctors not was shown as there t&c state. I got in contact with Steven the new manager and he processed my refund after threatening to file a claim with HM Courts & Tribunal Services, you can contact him on the following email: sanchezsteven81@***.com Hi guys, I was denied a refund after finding out I was unable to have the treatment carried out, a doctors not was shown as there t&c state. I got in contact with Steven the new manager and he processed my refund after threatening to file a claim with HM Courts & Tribunal Services, you can contact him on the following email: sanchezsteven81@***.com
Oxford Street, England
Loss

slimproved London branch lied about promotion to get rebooking

I booked 12 weeks sessions from the metro paper as a boost for my weight loss.I wad told on three different occasions including when I first booked that I would receive 3 extra sessions if I submitted a before and after I didn't lose many iphoto after my sessions. I didn't lose many inches but wad told by my technician that as I was diabetic that I woukd need a,few more sessions. She advised that I could book 3 more and get the extra 3 by submitting my pictures and that would be maximise the results so I booked the,sessions submitted the pictures and wad told by the boss Mike that I was only intitled to one extra. He was extremely rude and unprofessional so I asked for the money for the three sessions that I had booked but mot used back and after several rude emails he refuses to answer my emails . I am very upset and do not know how to get my money back as IR seems the buck stops at this man . Don't use them
#820937

Yeading, England

Beware of this company

I booked a course of treatments with this firm unfortunately I had not seen the reviews - wish I had. At consultation before the first treatment I noticed on being measured that the tape measure was very loose and I disputed this with the therapist - alarm bells going off at this point. The next thing was the treatment that followed was 8mins long. Now over the phone when booking I had been told that after the consultation I'd have a 20min treatment the first time? Then you never see the same therapist more than once. The therapists come and leave shortly thereafter. Also the information given on how often you can wait between treatments varied from therapist to therapist and even when I asked the so called managers over the phone nothing was consistent? some said every 72hrs others said 24hrs others said it didn't matter? When I asked what the equipment used so I could read about it one said radio frequency another said ultrasound and yet another said micro current? The treatment room itself is a small room (cupboard) in a block of offices. There is a bed up against a wall so there is no room for a therapist to go round you you have to get up and move your head to the other end of the bed next to this desk top piece of equipment. The hygiene is something else. One therapist treating me had a cold and after sneezing into her hand wanted to continue treating me without cleaning her hands. No towels over you whole they treat an area. The treatment doesn't work for inch loss. I was on a vlcd using protein shakes and had no more significant inch loss than if I had not used this while doing my shakes. Regarding refunds you can forget any cooperation or honesty from them on that one. Buyer beware stay away from this cowboy outfit.
Milton Keynes, England

Annonymous

This company is a complete shambles ! They have changed there name 3 times in the space of 3 and a half months. The first name was the slim line clinic, the second was rapid inch loss and it is now known as slimproved. This company does not respond to clients when they try to get in contact all they care about it taking money from you. They do not pay therapists correctly and when they do the pay is late. If you are thinking of purchasing a treatment course DO NOT !! they will rip you off and you will not get a refund it will take a lot of hard work and you constantly contacting them for them to even acknowledge that you exist !! Please take my advice !

They have just resurfaced as WattersonsWeightLoss BEWARE this is the same rip off company

They are rubbish for sure. i never saw the same therapist twice and no results. A ***.

I completly agree with you!!! They are rubish!!!!

And the treatment does not work!!!

I paid 24 sessions and didn't see any results!!! So disapointed!!!

I think we need to get real here. Yes I lost a few hundred quid as well.

Their site isn't exactly awash with success stories is it? If this worked then all the kebab shops in the high street would be come slimproved shops wouldn't they. If it worked then i suppose the NHS would be raving about it but none of this is the case. You pay your money and you take your chance.

Put it down to experience. Who knows , it may stop you getting stitched up again. Do your home work people. I wish I'd seen this site before I parted with my money.

I think the process and the business is a sham.

We only have ourselves to blame. This Ian Oconnor chap will not give you your money back thats for sure.

Hi, These reviews are absolutely correct. If you have paid money for treatments to rapid inch loss you can claim it back even if you paid by debit card. Use the chargeback process via your bank. Excellent template to use for this is on moneysavingexpert.com. I have just had my money refunded after being unable to contact Rapid Inch Loss for over a month.

They changed their telephone number, emails undeliverable and no messages returned. Then the website now claims they have ceased trading however they are not officially in liquidation (I checked companies house register).

Slimproved claim to be an entirely separate business set up because they disapproved of Rapid Inch Loss management ethics. They are ex-Rapid Inch Loss staff and use the same parent company 'Watterstons' to supply payroll, bookings, etc. They could be genuine but for me the close association is enough and I am not about to risk my money again!!!

@PissedConsumer689429

Helen, our setting up had nothing to do with what we think of Rapid Inch Loss, we saw an opportunity. Our opinion of Rapid Inch Loss has nothing to do with it and we have never said it did. For the record we are disgusted with what the Nickols family did at Rapid Inch Loss. And we have no Rapid Inch Loss staff.

As for a parent company, we do not have a parent company or use companies for payroll or to take bookings, I wonder where you get this information from.

We care about our clients and monitor websites like this to pick up any genuine criticism. If you are a genuine Slimproved customer who receives treatment at one of our clients within the M25 then please email us at info@***.co.uk and we will refund you any sessions you have not used.

Again, we have no outstanding complaints, requests for refunds or unsatisfied customers, that's why I know you are from a competitor trying to cause trouble. Take note, Slimproved will show you how to treat your customers fairly.

@PissedConsumer691058

They're still mugging people off. Will we never learn?

View more comments (6)

RIPOFF COMPANY CALLED SLIMPROVED

I booked a course of 12 treatments with this company i thought it was going to be a nice treat for myself but as soon as i called the company i thought the person that answered the phone was a bit rude and it seamed like she was only interested in taking my money. I thought i would still give it a go but when i tried to rearrange a treatment date the company was not willing to help me so i lost a treatment and they said it was my fault. I have been doing some research on this company and i have found out that this company is the old managers from Rapid Inch Loss and there names are Keri's Mckenzie and hugh Mckenzie they have clinics all over the london area and on pissed consumer if you look they have been opening up clinics all over the country and taking peoples money without treating the people that have paid they have had a number of company's in there name the last one was Rapid Inch Loss which is no were to be seen now so lets stop these people from the fraud company's they keep opening and closing and getting away with if you are one of the unlucky people that have paid for treatments i hope you get your money back my advise would be to go straight to your credit card company and claim it back asap that's what i did.

I too was a victim with silmprove. I booked 12 sessions in 2012/13 and found out I could no longer carry on with treatment.

I called asking for refund for the remaining treatment. I was basically told no. I paid with my debit card and so I could not do much about it. or at least did not know what to do about it.

I was 23/24 years of age and didn't think much.Please research any company selling any sort of product before you book or pay for them.

do not loose your money. Good luck!

Hi guys, just to let you know the Andy o'Brien was the owner of slim proved!!!! It has now changed ownership and is now trading as London aesthetics t/a the lipo centre.

The owner took andy on as marketing manager then managing director.

December 2014 as the clinic closes some time over Christmas he was paid and left the company with no notice. The whole company is dodgy even though they try to get people booked in they care more about the sale.

#820933

I've just started a Slimproved business as a franchisee and I am not fake. I have integrity and concern for my customers so please do not generalise.

These people are criminals, I was also a victim. I have also been asking for a refund due to my medical condition, I was asked to bring evidence from my doctor which i did, since last year july up till now desprite all my emails and phone calls I am still waiting for MIKE KERSHAW to autorize my refund.

#820935
@PissedConsumer793230

contact your credit card company for refunds these crooks need to be stopped. They are busy pushing this product on fb to unsuspecting people.

If you are having the same problem, no one is answering the phone or emails at Slimproved. Mike Kershaw is the owner he is the man who arranges the refunds. But you might have to place a missing report to locate him.

I have been phoning & e-mailing since September 2013 for a refund on the unused half of the £749 I was pressured & conned into parting with during the so-called "consultation". I have been palmed off and ignored despite sending a scanned hospital letter numerous times, as per their rules on refunds.

I believe Slimproved does NOT give any refunds irrespective of what they may say, they are without scruples and only TAKE money on false promises from vulnerable women.

@PissedConsumer784230

Not just women, men too

View more comments (39)
ID
#432024 Review #432024 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SLIMPROVE

Hi i used to work for a company called rapid inch loss i never got paid and the customers never got there treatments that they had payed for in advance. I have found out that Keri's mckenzie has now opened clinics in London and now are called slimprove i would recommend anyone that has brought treatments to get there money back before they run off with it and for anyone like me that worked for them to get your money and get out before they owe you money like they owe me. I hope Keri's McKenzie sees this and releases what she has done to a lot of people

This is true, I was a customer of rapid inch loss at Bedford clinic who paid and did not get my treatments in June/July 13. However I did get my money back even though I paid on debit card by using somethign called the chargeback process, there is a great letter template on moneysavingexpert.com you can use.

Just complete it and send to your bank but hurry there is a time limit on claiming so you must do it quickly I think you have 3months only!!!!!

ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article