SilverBay Property Management does not abide by the State of Ga landlord tenant laws!

I paid my $70 application fee for my husband and myself, took them a week to approve the application. I got an e-mail that said you are approved but the house you want has been leased. This was after Matt the manager told me i would be able to get it if my application was approved. A minth later i see the same house back on their website for lease, had my agent call since we were approved we had the house just had to get a $500 holding deposit to the ASAP. 2 days before we were to move in i did a walk-thru with my agent and noted everything wrong with the house. We asked for the safety hazard steps to basement have a brace put on them,several lights in the house would not come on, door frame rotten, screen door failing apart, door handle falling off cabinet,the new carpet was not tacked down any where in the house, closet rods falling out of wall, leak in master bathroom ceiling, bat in the attic, several window would not open properly, construction debri all over the driveway, wires haning off the front of the house, trees over the driveway so low the hit cars, the yard has had nothing done to it since i first looked at the house 2 months ago. One of the reasons i wanted this house was because they would accept agressive breed dogs. The manager Matt told me my dogs were not a problem to get them included on renters insurance. I get a copy of ths lease i am to sign and it saya no agressive breeds. i called Lisa the leaseing agent and was told that their policy changed May 1st and they would not accept my dogs. Their lease alson states that the tenant is to pay for repairs to the house up to $150, which is totally against the law! Do not waste your hard earned money on the application fee they charge they will do nothing but rip you off!
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article