Extremely disappointing store visit

While shopping at your Greensboro NC store I witnessed the rudest display between 2 employees. There was a young Black women mad at something and was yelling at another employee. This was extremely disturbing, because even when the person who was being yelled at walked away her rude comments continued. This was loud enough for not only me to hear but other shoppers as well. If this is how the staff treats each other, what is said about customers. This incident was at the front of the store, and made me very uncomfortable. I have been in retail before am never have I seen the disrespect to another employee.

If you've been in retail, you may have some idea how absurdly high the markup multiplier is on general merchandise ; and even worse on jewelry. The local mall type store is the single worst sort of place to patronize.

Akron, Ohio
Cons
  • Sad display of employee relations
  • Poor display of team work
Reason of review
poor team work

Service plan cancelled without my knowledge

I have had their service plan for 15 years on my wedding ring, I have had it serviced several times as per my agreement-this last time I was told my plan was cancelled (by me supposedly) and future repairs would not be covered. I was even told by customer service rhodium plating my ring was completed when it wasn't. It sat in the store for three weeks and wasn't even sent out. I wasn't even given the benefit of a phone call telling me they wouldn't send it out. Horrible way to do business and Kay/Jared will never see another jewelry purchase from me. Unbelievable a company in this day and age would try and pull this maneuver and think customers won't share their experience.

Ya, if you don't go in every 6 months faithfully they have the right to cancel your agreement. They will say it's your fault because you didn't come in.

Product
Signet Jewelers Ring Warranty
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Review

I have worked for Zales jewelers for many years. I loved the company and my job. Zales was recently acquired by signet jewelers, the same company who own Jared and Kay's. Since the merger our jobs are threatened on a daily basis. Even if you are achieving your insane goals they set its not good enough and they still threaten. This company rewards cut throat in ethical behavior which creates a hostile work environment.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

About

Signet Jewelers FAQ
To read more: http://www.signetjewelers.com/investors/investor-faqs/default.aspx
Top Signet Jewelers Products

Ring Warranty

Signet Jewelers Pros and Cons

Cons: Sad display of employee relations, Poor display of team work

Related Companies

Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, Piercing Pagoda, Belden Jewelers

Summary

Signet Jewelers Ltd. is a big retailer which specializes in diamond jewelry. The company was founded by Gerald Ratner in 1949. Its headquarters is based in Akron, Ohio, United States. The company operates Piercing Pagoda, Jared, Kay Jewelers, and Zale companies. Signet Jewelers has more than 3,000 stores across the United States and Canada. There are also stores in the UK. Featured jewelry brands are Goodman Jewelers, Rogers Jewelers, Marks & Morgan Jewelers, and JB Robinson Jewelers. It is traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol SIG. Signet Jewelers stores accept credit cards and cash.

Signet Jewelers reviews and complaints

Signet Jewelers is ranked 210 out of 894 in Jewelry and Accessories category

Edit Description

Brands Related to Signet Jewelers

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article