Made racial comments about me to other employees

Sign Depot located on Dennis Road in Dallas, TX is racist owned and operated. I am the executive assistant for a company that prior to my being employed did business with Sign Depot. I have placed orders with them in the past and despite what I considered to be mediorcre service, continued to do business with them since my bosses had established a relationship with them. On the morning of May 6th, 2008, I called Sign Depot to place an order for business cards. I introduced myself as I usually do, stating my name and where I was calling from. The man who answered the phone (who we now have determined was Brad the owner), muttered something inaudible and I was disconnected. Not knowing what was going on, I immediately called back and was disconnected again. Still being naive as to what the real problem was, I waited a few minutes and called back, this time, Brad picked up the phone and thought he had disconnected me again, but he didn't realize I was still on the line. He proceeded to say to a co-worker, "This black girl from (my company name) keeps calling. I wish she'd just stop calling". Then he proceeded to say we don't like ***" and started repeating the words "*** Anonymous" several times in a joking manner. He also said, "We're the KKK" and used the term "Monkey....we don't like Mexicans either" etc. This went on for a while and they all seemed to think it was pretty funny. Well, I don't think it's funny in the least bit. This type of behavior is the reason we have the problems we have in our society. Never mind the fact that I'm smart, professional, and business minded. For a company to ruin a business relationship based on the color of an assistant's skin, is absolutely unbelievable to me. It was an absolute eye opener for me and I'm glad that their true feelings came to light, because it prevents me and the company I work for from ever doing business with them again. Hopefully, it will stop others as well.
ID
El Paso, Texas

About

Sign Depot Terms of Service
To read more: http://www.signdepot.com/copyright.html
Sign Depot Privacy Policy
To read more: http://www.signdepot.com/copyright.html
Summary

Sign Depot is a company which can help the customers to create marketing materials especially signs and banners. The Company is headquartered in City of Industry, California area. Company has web-site with good interface. If the customer has a problem with project he/she should visit Products and Services area, to download useful software and find some information visitor should open Resources and Support, to learn more about Sign Depot browse Company Information section. Company offers the following products: ADA Signage, Architectural Graphics and Building Signage, Backlit Signage and Light boxes, Banner Stands-Retractable, Cabinet signs, Channel letter signs, Cast plaques, digital printing-large format, engraved signs, exhibits, magnetic signs for vehicles, monument signs, real estate and site signs, trade show displays, traffic and property restriction signs, vehicle graphics, vista sign system, wall murals, and window graphics. Among services ADA Compliance Consultation, Conceptual design, Installation, Manufacturing, permitting are represented.

Sign Depot reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article