Kawasaki Shirlaws Ruined the TT for me

I have a Ninja zx6r Its the J1 model and I have had it since new and the bike has been fantastic. However last year i had made plans with some friends to go to the TT races (for the first time), but about three months before the trip my bike stopped working. I book it into SHIRLAWS in Aberdeen. They were busy and so I had to wait a few weeks before they could look at it. When I took it into them they had six weeks to fix it before i needed it. I stressed the date, when and why i needed it and they assured me that it would be fine. After many phone calls and visits to the shop the six weeks came and went. Then on the first of June they tried to bill me for five hours labour (which with vat is £60ph) and proceeded to say that the bike would cost more to fix than it was worth and that I should scrap it. Obviously i was upset and they could have told me that after only having the bike for one day, which would have given me time to get another one quick. I go to the TT as a passenger on my mates bike which didn't impress me at all. I do get the bike fixed at the bike breakers for less than £100 and that included them picking it up from my house 25miles away. They took it on a Monday and phoned me on the Wednesday to say not a problem they checked everything but it was just a loose wire going into the CDI. I phoned Shirlaws many times wanting to speak to the owner who was never there. I went into the shop several times and eventually spoke to his son, I showed him my working bike and relayed my grievance to him. His response was "Its nothing to do with me, speak to my dad". I give up! Shirlaws is a kawasaki endorsed dealership but they are obviously not interested in kawasaki bikes.
ID
Manchester, England

About

Shirlaws Privacy Policy
Shirlaws respect and value the privacy of all of Shirlaws's' customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with Company's obligations and The User's rights under the law. This Privacy Information explains how www.shirlaws.com use The Client's personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains The Customer's rights under the law relating to The Client's personal data. The right to be informed about Company's collection and use of The Client's personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell The Customer everything The Client need to know, but The User of Website can always contact The Company to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11. The right to access the personal data www.shirlaws.com hold about The Customer Part 10 will tell The Customer how to do this. The right to have The Customer's personal data rectified if any of The Client's personal data held by Shirlaws is inaccurate or incomplete.
To read more: https://www.shirlaws.com/privacy.php
Summary

Founded in 1928 by Leslie B Shirlaw, Shirlaws Ltd in Aberdeen is one of Britain's oldest and Scotland's longest established motorcycle dealerships with over 80 years experience. The company stocks more than 200 new and used bikes and scooters at all times and has the official factory franchises for Triumph, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi and Kymco. The company's workshop is fully equipped to service and repair the mentioned brands. Shirlaws carries an extensive range of spare parts and can source parts for the majority of motorcycles. A full range of motorcycle clothing is stocked with brands such as Arai, Rev-it, Wolf, Alpinestars and Knox. Shirlaws plans to launch an online shop very soon.

Shirlaws reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article