Do not rent an apartment at Sherwood Lake Apartments in Schererville, IN! At first they will take you on a tour of the 2 "models" they have right there inside the front office. They are beautiful. All white trim, new appliances, fluffy carpet, etc. Well now your sold. Just wait until you see what you actually get. These apartments should be shut down by the health dept and fire inspector! Me, along with at least 3 other tenants had MOLD in our apartments! Black and green mold! Everywhere. Doorways, closets, walls, bathroom. My children and I were all getting bad headaches when I looked under their bed and found mold on the walls! Also in my room. When I complained all I got was a bottle of mold and mildew remover! This stuff is toxic and everyone knows mold grows on the inside of the walls so the drywall needed to be tore down. Next thing is the white trim was not white but brown painted over with a thin coat of white with a lot of spots not even painted. The A/C units were never cleaned the entire 5 years we lived there! When I asked them to clean them out there was black mold inside each window unit as well as a beehive in my room and I am allergic to bees where I will go into anaphylactic shock if stung! That's just the beginning! There's too much more to write including water in the hallway ceiling light, and we are on the bottom floor. Lastly there is no smoke alarm or carbon monoxide detector anywhere in the hallways outside our unit or in the utility room where the washers , dryers and hot water heater are kept! Major fire hazard! Finally after 5 years we got out. I feel we should be compensated for items we had to throw out due to mold as well as all the many problems we had with Sherwood Lake Apartments!