RUDE, SARCASTIC, LIAR FOR A MANAGER

Ordered a burger Medium-Rare; waitress CONFIRMED that was the least cooked they could do for burgers. Sent it back when it came Medium-Well (barely pink.) Second burger came, again, barely pink. Asked to have it taken off bill. Manager came over and not only did he say my burger was absolutely Medium-Rare but that it's AGAINST FLORIDA LAW to serve ANY burger cooked less than Medium. He even went so far as saying he was "shocked his cooks even served it at that temperature." I explained that I ONLY order Medium-Rare burgers and that was the first time I had seen one without a warm red center. In fact, my burger was almost brown and barely pink in the center. He continued to ARGUE with me, MAKE FACES, and say his restaurant broke the law for me: "It's actually against Florida law to cook burgers less than Medium but we do it for our customers;" he then proceeded to make the "shocked my cooks" statement. After over 10 years in the restaurant business, 4 of which were spent at BJ's Brew House, a major burger and pizza chain, it was the first time I had heard of this law. The manager continued to talk down to me and make me feel like the biggest *** in the world. After waiting another 15 minutes for the check AND making eye contact with my waitress, no one came back. She actually just walked back inside without saying anything. Besides, when we first got our food we had to get our own napkins and silverware and I had to ask twice for my burger toppings. The second time my burger came I had no pickles. It sounds petty but, when you're spending money TO BE SERVED, you expect to AT LEAST get your pickles seeing as we got our napkins and silverware. Our waitress barely checked on us and I assure you, it was not busy. The proper solution for this manager would have been to offer something else, perhaps a turkey burger OR to explain, as he had mentioned during his attitude ridden rant, that his restaurant does not serve Medium-Rare burgers. I called Shenanigans West as well as Shenanigans East (this restaurant) asking if Medium-Rare burgers were served and the answer was YES. I even called Flanigans, a major Florida chain, and even they serve Medium-Rare burgers. I am beyond infuriated and cannot wait to call tomorrow morning to speak with the GM about who they have running their evening shift. I WILL NEVER COME BACK over the pettiness and absolute BAD ATTITUDE this manager had- forget the inattentive waitress.
ID
Hollywood, Florida
Product
Shenanigans Eastside Pub Burger
Pros
  • Decor
Cons
  • Manager no customer service
  • Burger over cooked
  • Waitress was inattentive
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article