I paid 2000. for a puppy thinking it would be like the shelties I had for 20 yrs. she was not people friendly when I tried to contact them to get my money back and return the puppy no answer from the

they insisted on meeting in a parking lot did not see their place or dogs . I am senior disabled and feel they scammed me just wanted a sweet sheltie like I had I should have known better they couldn't wait to get their hands on the money yet would not answer me when I wanted to return the puppy and get my money any reputable breeder would have done that. My son really pushed me to do this I believe they are a type of puppy mill that's why they don't want you to see their place. My hard earned savings gone. This puppy will require extensive training my others did not. They are unethical people. Don't fall for their scam!

User's recommendation: Don't buy from this unethical place. They don't stand behind their puppies just out for the money.

ID
Hillsboro, Oregon

Bought a dog online and was never told about his tail deformity

I bought a purebred Sheltie puppy online and had to pick him from photos provided at birth. I picked him up when he was eight weeks old and discovered that his tail was deformed. I was told that I should have noticed the defect from the photos provided. I did not. I had planned on using this dog as a stud dog but because of the tail defect I will not, as it is not good to pass a defect like this on in a purebred dog. As I felt I could not breed the dog, I told the breeder that I should not have to pay the full price because it included breeding rights. I asked for a partial refund and was told that there was nothing wrong with breeding a dog with a defective tail. I did not receive any refund. In retrospect, I believe this breeder is a puppy mill and they are not concerned about the quality of the dogs they sell. I would never purchase a dog from them again!
ID
Product
Sheltiesmiles Shetland Sheepdog Dog
Cons
  • Dishonesty about puppys tail
  • Inability to receive partial refund for a deformed puppys tail
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article