NEVER order from Shed.com or TNT Carports.com!

Rather that type it all out again, here is a copy of the e-mail that I sent them explaining my situation / issue: Hello, Your crew arrived close to on time. They called and from his broken English I figured they were close but lost. I ran down the road, found them and guided them in. From there it was a long day. Their electric drill stopped working so I loaned them mine (not sure how they would have gotten by without one), they were not equipped to work into the night as they didnt have any flood lights (I loaned them mine), and then their generator ran out of gas about mid-way through the day. They dropped the trailer and left to refuel it. They were gone at least 1 hours, the gas station is only 20 minutes away (think they got lost but not sure). The things that I really have a problem with are; 1), They insisted on working late until the job was completed. I asked if they wanted to come back and finish tomorrow- they said no, so we all stayed until 10:30 pm. I seen that they had only small head lamps as lighting, so I loaned them my flood lights. Without my lighting I believe that their finish time would have been hours later past 10:30 pm. If there was a problem with the construction, I could not see it until the next morning. 2), Because they stayed so late, this caused me to have the added unforeseen expense of another night stay at a motel which by the way wound up being 30 minutes away in Damascus Va. as everything in town was booked! The next morning after driving another 30 minutes back down to Mountain City, I was able to inspect the building in daylight which brings me to #3 below. 3), When they laid out the roofing panels, ridge cap and some side wall panels they placed a few of them on the wet dirt (thankfully they were right side up) and they made no attempt to clean them prior to installing them. Now I need to spend another unforeseen night at a motel and endure another 15 hour round trip down from Maryland to clean the mud from them. I didnt attempt to explain to them why they shouldnt lay them in the mud as I do not believe from the results of my previous attempts of communicating with them (where a gas station was, the drill, the flood lights and so on) went very well at all. I say this with nothing against these men personally, I believe they all have ample construction / erection knowledge regarding the installation of steel buildings, its just that without good clear concise communication things can and do go wrong or not as smoothly as they could have. If I were to give you one piece of advice it would be this; to have your crews start EARLY in the morning. Arriving to a job site at 10:30 ish in the morning knowing full well that it obviously can take up to 12 hours to erect what they are here to, simply shouldnt be allowed. Secondly you should have Foreman on your crews that are fluent in English. I have attached photos. I would like to be compensated for the additional mileage / trip, fuel and motel expenses as I was told that it would be a one day install, and I did tell shed.com that I was traveling from 3 states away based on the schedule they stated to me.
ID
Service
Shed Com Customer Care
Pros
  • Ordering went well
Cons
  • Custermer service is very bad see my preveious comments issues
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Re-embursement for my additional expences.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article