Shady lady is correctly named

The Shady Lady, of Wiscasset, ME, has earned the title. I recently left an item to be electrified by her. TWO MONTHS later, I have retrieved it from her shop, no work having been done!I checked with her progress on the item numerous times over two months, only to be told "He's working on it!". Exasperated, I then did some research, located another vendor, delivered it to him, and he was the person I'd been told was "working on it"! Long story short, he'd requested that the Shady Lady put him in touch with me, so that he could verify my requirements. She consistently failed to do so, therefore, he never began the work. When my husband picked up the item at her shop, she looked him in the eye and said the vendor had let her down by never performing the work! All it would have taken would have been for her to have put me in touch with the man doing the job! Why all the lies? My advice is to get in touch with Tony Gatti, of Wiscasset, iif you have similar work to be done.
ID
South Bristol, Maine
Cons
  • Being lied to
Reason of review
Failure to be truthful

Took my money and my lampshade and kept both without repairing it.

Shady Lady of Wiscasset Maine took my money and lampshade at an antiques show last January, promising to recover the shade. Ten months later, she still has the shade and the money and no matter how many times I e-mail her, I can't get a refund and I can't get the shade, which she seems to have lost. She doesn't respond to messages in a timely way and when she does, she puts me off. This lady shows up at reputable antique shows but no one should use her or buy from her. I can't decide if she's a fraud or incompetent or brain damaged!

I as well purchased a lamp from her at an antique show. She took the shade to recover it & was going to mail it to me.

I have called twice & left messages.

Still NO shade & no return call. Very frustrating!!

This lady came for chandelier crystals one year after purchase.......she knew what she purchased she saw the chandelier when she purchased it

Shady Lady is the perfect name for her.. She is a very Shady Lady as in Dishonesty, and treating her customer's unfairly..

I purchased a chandelier from her and once I got it hoome and started putting it up I realized it all about a dozen wrong crystals and she would not replace them with the correct ones. I know she had them to replace because half of the chandeliers in her store had the same crystals.... Horrible women... I can't believe she is open for buisness.

but she deals with tourists which she figures she wont have to deal with again. Bad Karma is on this monsters side...

I have done business with this store, Shady Lady, for years and years and years. The owner is VERY HONEST and she goes out of her way to work with her clients. She is absolutely reputable.

I finally made contact and things seem to be moving along. Perhaps I should retract my unkind words above.....

Unfortunately, I have had a similar experience. My husband and I purchased a chandelier and vintage decanter two months ago ( Sept 2012 ) while visiting Maine.

The owner said she was ship it, no problem at all.

More than 2 months later she still has our money but we haven't seen our goods. Excuses every time we call, and now the phone is disconnected.

I "won" a gift certificate for a $100 shade makeover a few weeks ago. I left two messages asking her to call me and no luck.

Now the phone is out of order. The name of her business is appropriate

#572035

0 stars. They took my money as well and did not deliver anything.

I have tried calling and left numerous messages. Now the phone is no longer working.

I have been taken. I will be filing a dispute with my credit card co and BBB as well.

funds were returned in full discussion was difficult

View more comments (8)
ID
Boston, Massachusetts

E-commerce Talks

Art for Your Home Not Museums

Mar 7, 2022

David Afremov
David Afremov

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article