Junior Reviewer

Resolved: SFX rip off timeshare scam co conspirators

Update by user Aug 24, 2016

Filled a complaint with the BBB this month, and FINALLY got a response from the CEO, Cory Phelps. He indicated that his team there was looking into the details of this over 2 months ago, and despite that statement, has no real numbers to confirm with us, let alone any details of our account, but made a "1 time offer of an arbitrary $1500" which does not correlate to any actual numbers-and remember-SFX has REFUSED to provide us with ANY contract paperwork-WE HAVE ZERO details about anything on paper with what we've been scammed into.

What kind of legitimate company operates like that?! SO DISGUSTED with SFX and how they have treated my wife and I, the best we can hope for is to educate others out there about SFX so that they don't make the same mistake and get involved with them.

Update by user Jul 18, 2016

I contacted several of SFX's top executives via email on June 16th through LinkedIn, and only one responded, a Cory Phelps, C.O.O. He replied that he would, "Please be patient as I review your case".

Over a month later here, as well as several follow up emails by me, and there has been zero communication from Cory.

This is not how a respectable company does business, and further proof of why it's so important to warn others of SFX.

Far from done here, and will update as this unfolds.

Update by user Jun 17, 2016

Just overall we are very disappointed about the ugly truth of the Mexico timeshare scam industry as a whole, and can't believe that an American company with a BBB rating would get involved in all of that.

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2016
During one of our stays in Cabo San Lucas, my wife and I got sucked into a timeshare presentation that was presented, as we later learned, as being horribly misrepresented and fraudulent with respect to what was promised. After some significant phone calls and emails to both government and media officials, we were able to get a full refund from the bogus timeshare company, which speaks VOLUMES about the negative impacts that the timeshare company wanted to avoid. Among our "Package", was a "Membership" to SFX, along with a whole host of promises and explanations of how the program works. Again, everything seemed too good to be true, but we were assured that we would get all the benefits outlined in our presentation. During the course of the 5+ hour presentation, along with several alcoholic beverages provided free of charge to both my wife and I, we signed our paperwork and were on our way. Once we returned home, we realized that we were not given A SINGLE PIECE of contractual paperwork for our SFX "Membership"- Not a SINGLE piece. Nothing to even indicate what the program was officially, all we had was the hand written promises of our salesman. (Good enough for SFX guidelines??) After spending significant time trying to use our timeshare membership, (Unsuccessfully), we began to see that we were completely ripped off, and spent our time taking steps to ultimately get a full refund back on the timeshare purchase. Around the same time, my wife was contacted by SFX via phone and told that our membership had been cancelled, (Despite almost $2000 that they already had been paid!!), and that they needed another additional $500+ to reinstate the membership, otherwise we would loose EVERYTHING!!! The tactic was exceptionally high pressure and relentless, and my wife felt like we had no choice but to pay it, in the interest of keeping the account active for fighting purposes. So now we are $2500+ into a "Membership" that not only do we not have a single document for, signed or otherwise, but we were told did not have anywhere near the benefits that we were sold. My wife's calls to SFX just resulted in rhetoric and run around about how it's actually a good company and we got a good deal. We are a large family and both of us work, we have very little "Free" time, and getting scammed by an American company like this is not something we ever expected to deal with, but here we are. We will be posting on every social media site out there, contacting our local and state government representatives, as well as the Mexico tourism fraud prevention agencies, (Yes, there actually is a division there for these things, that's how common timeshare fraud is in Mexico!!). We will also be posting articles in our local papers, as well as contacting the various media outlets that also take interest in scams. It is so refreshing that there are outlets like PISSED CONSUMER to help give a voice to everyone and everyone, and we will be making a contribution to PC here upon the successful conclusion of this matter. We will give regular updates here, as well!
#1205406

Rip off artists lay waist to Mexico time share buyer beware BOGUS BOGUS

Resolved
ID
Moreno Valley, California
Service
Sfx Preferred Resorts Membership
Cons
  • Very unhappy thus far
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article