Verified Reviewer

Cancelation policy

This merchant uses a very specific way to stack everything in their favor. They use a pressured sales process via phone (i.e. if you sign up now, we will save you $X on price of membership). This is where you give credit card details via phone and don't understand the entire policy until it's too late. Then when you want to call them, it takes a really long time to get someone on the phone. Then you are directed to one person to discuss membership. Don't file a credit card dispute with them because they have stacked everything in their favor and you will not win.

User's recommendation: Do you homework before speaking to them via phone.

Self Publishing School Customer Care
Pros
  • Concise model
Cons
  • No free trial
$1999

I lost $4000 in this *** program because they used false advertising

They tell people that their program will help them become #1 Amazon bestsellers, when in reality anyone can become an Amazon bestseller because Amazons have thousands of sub-categories. I even found a guy who uploaded a picture of his foot as a book on Amazon and got it to bestseller status by getting his friends to write reviews. This is false advertising, and charging $4000 for the same information that similar programs sell for $200 or less is price gauging. If other people who were ripped off by SPS are seeing this, please file complaints with the FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

User's recommendation: If you bought the program, file complaints with the BBB and FTC.

#1995293

I also paid $4,000 to Self Publishing School, and did not receive what I was told on the phone by a person identifying himself as Chandler Bolt and then a Matthew Mead. I heard clearly 30 refund and we guarantee you will love our program.

In less than 30 days I asked for my money back and they say no refunds. I tried to get my money back from the credit card company, and SPS revoked everything.

So I received i hour of someone who claimed to be a coach, a spiral bond paper binder to write in as well as a 90 day journal. As this point all I have to show for $4,000 is a lesson not to trust offers online.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

B*S Con artists

These people are unbelievable. They don't respond to any queries. They took $$$ from my credit card when I was 'misled' into what they are offering. The next day I asked them to refund. I've heard from no one. They send auto generated emails constantly. No connection with anyone. When there's a problem they don't want to know. Stay away from this mob! They are scammers. You will do ALL the work so what is the point of what they are offering. It's B*S and I am trying to get my deposit back. I've had to cancel my card.
#1911112

Please report SPS to the FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1 Similar companies have gotten sued and customers are now getting their money back.

Self Publishing School Customer Care
Cons
  • Con artists
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund

Charged my credit card without clarification

I was supposed to have a follow up call with Michael to make my last payment. He missed the appointment, but charged my card anyways without my approval. Then asked if he could charge the 3rd installment when I didn't realize he'd already charged the 2nd. I said yes not knowing, and when I found out, I texted that I wouldn't have approved of this had I known. I've tried phone calls and emails to see if they'd let me charge it to a different account, and now that they have their money they are ignoring me. I'm super dissapointed. I wish I hadn't let them talk me into buying their program. They kept saying I could get a refund, but they make that extremely hard to do. I'm supposed to be a "VIP", and I definitely don't feel like I'm being treated like one.

I had to commit to the program, Chandler Bolt's Self Publishing co.--Sell More Books before being able to preview it. The very next day I tried to break contract with as my book had already been published: the program was not at allappropriate for me.

The advisor assigned to me advised that 1)indeed I was in the wrong program and 2) I should break my contract with my publisher so he could better help me. I was not willing or even able to do so.

No refund was given despite receiving no useful information or guidance so $3,000 plus several hours of my time communicating with the company was completely wasted. Hopefully I will have some recourse through my credit card co.

#1911113
@PissedConsumer1669082

Businesses with similar structures to SPS have gotten sued by the FTC. Please file a complaint with the FTC" https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

View more comments (1)
Self Publishing School Customer Care
Pros
  • That there is a large community
Cons
  • Terms were vague when they signed me up
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
I want a reply to my repeated emails and phone calls to start. I would appreciate it if you could refund my credit card and charge me via PayPal instead so that I can use PayPal Credit.

Doesn't give 14 day freebies, that's incorrect

Ur game doesnt pay out as quoted. U need to correct ur information input. This bother me when the game said it pays n didnt. Plz correct ur 14 day freebees
Dallas, Texas

Self-Publishing School Cheated Me Out of $250 in Affiliate Fees

Buyer Beware - Self Publish School Cheated Me and They May Cheat You. I signed up with Self-Publishing School on March 22nd, 2017. After one week I realized this was not for me. Several reasons: 1) It is all online 2) I knew most of their writing tips 3) There are extra charges I didn't know about and 5) I got a chance to start a kids school where I live.... which is very time-consuming. I asked for my money back per their 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. They made plenty of excuses and delays. Finally, I told them I would file a dispute with Visa and then they gave me back my money. It took 18 days for this to happen. The reason I am filing this report, though, is because they broke their word on paying me a referral fee. I signed up a friend of mine in their referral program which pays $250. She is staying in the school When I was asking for my money back, I was told that if I canceled out I would not be paid the $250. I pointed out that on their website, under the outline for how the referral program worked there was no mention that I had to be enrolled in the Self-Publishing School to be paid. I told them this and they said, Chandler Bolt, the owner had decided that was their policy. This policy was created after the fact of me asking for my money back. When I signed up for their referral program, in the beginning, there was NO such policy.... in short they made it up. I have written them several times since then and I have bene ignored. I told them I would file a Ripoff Report and Pissed Consumer Report and still I have been ignored. If you wish to write a book I suggest you find another way. SPS signs you up for around $997 and they tell you to buy all these other programs. I counted the other programs and it is 14. So, when they sale pitch says you can be selling your book on Amazon... it is going to cost you a lot more than the beginning enrollment cost. I would suggest you google "Writer's Coach" and find someone that will work one on one with you. The book you write will I would suggest you google "Writer's Coach" and find someone that will work one on one with you. The book you write will probably be produced for less cost, less hassle and one on one attention.

SPS is famous for ignoring complaints... seems they don't care... in this day and age of instant feedback with the internet you would think they would be wise.

#1911114
@PissedConsumer1333488

Please report SPS to the FTC : https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1 Similar companies are getting sued and people are getting their money back!

View more comments (1)
Reason of review
Made up a policy to refuse paying me a promised referral fee.

Universities, Colleges and Schools Expert Talks

Student Loans Explained: How Do Student loans Work? | How to Pay Off Your Debt?

Jul 23, 2021

How to apply for a student loan? Betsy Mayotte, a President of TISLA, gives expert advice on private and federal student loans, interest rates, forgiveness program, how a student loan impacts taxes. In this video, you'll uncover expert answer to a student loan complaint and success story of a student who paid $130K in student loan debt.

Betsy Mayotte
Betsy Mayotte

Betsy Mayotte is the president and founder of the nonprofit called The Institute of Student Loan Advisors (TISLA). Her organization ensures that all consumers have access to free expert, neutral student loan advice and dispute resolution.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article