Numerous deficiences

When boarding, no one tells you if this us right boat.How am Ito know that boad goes to Cold SPRING AND WESTPOINT. nO CHECKING OF VACCINATION CARDS! nARRATOR DID NOT BOARD UNTIL ny AND SPEAKERS WERE STATICY. hOW DO YOU RUN OUT OF SUGAR FOR COFFEE WHEN CRUISE JUST DEPARTED. lIFE JACKET INFO NO ANNOUNCED UNTIIL WE REACHED ny. aLSO, A CABINET WAS LABELLED 60 ADULT LIFE JACKETS AND 26 CHILDRENS AND IT ACTUALLY CONTAINTED POTATOE CHIPS AND CANNED DRINKS! RE SAFE!!Door tocabin (whwere captain controls boat) was unlocked. Any nut can walk in NS TAKE OVER FERRY.sTAY AWAY!ss

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY.

ID
Cranford, New Jersey

Verified Reviewer

Cancellation of trip

SeaStreak - Cancellation of trip
I was supposed to go to Nantucket last month on the Sea Streak ferry from New Bedford. When I arrived at the dock I was told where to wait, by one of the employees. I was there very early and sat outside, as it was a perfect sunny day with no wind and saw the previous ferry come and go. When my ferry came in I was told it was going to the dock and my ferry was canceled, obviously, because of timing there was no other option to get to Nantucket. I was very upset, as anyone would be. There were no signs when I arrive saying the ferry was canceled, there were no announcements made the entire time (1hour 35min.) I was there, saying my Ferry was canceled and the employee that told me where to wait, never said it was canceled. The cancellation cost me meals, a days parking, a hotel stay and a plane ticket the following morning. (I was glad I was not paying for a hotel on Nantucket otherwise I would have been out that money as well).

User's recommendation: My advice is not risk taking the Sea Streak if you want to be sure to get to Nantucket. It’s tempting to avoid the cape traffic, but not worth the risk. Take extra time to go to Hyannis where you at least have 2 ferry and 2 air options.

#1916602

I complained to Sea Streak via their website email, about the lack of notification and how much it cost me. I also wanted some explanation on what happened.

I expected some type of response, apology, compensation for another trip etc. I waited for a response but got nothing back, so I sent the letter to the president, V.P. and New England operations manager. I expected at least some acknowledgement of the loss I incurred because they decided not to run the Ferry, but I again got nothing.

So I filed a comlaint with the BBB and FTC and New Jersey consumer affair department. Seastreak did not respont to any of these. This type of bad customer concern doesn’t just happen it has to come from management really not giving a crap. The lack of response from my letter confirms that they just don’t care.

Must be nice to run a business like that (run it into the ground). Kind of reminded me of the Chappelle skit “POP Copy”.

ID
#2084896 Review #2084896 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New Bedford, Massachusetts
Pros
  • No cape traffic
Cons
  • Not reliable
Loss
Preferred solution
cover the cost of the hotel