Seaside Aviation Reviews

Show reviews that mention
chris plane airplane defects mechanic parts ebay chris cantara annual inspection rear seats
Filter review

Junk!

Has Junk! Sells Junk! Stay as far away from this guy as you can!!!!!! Bought an ac from him, needed 10k in repairs!

User's recommendation: Stay Away!

Loss
Preferred solution
Go sell wheelbarrows, maybe they won’t kill people!

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Promised rear seats but never sent.

Update by user Mar 26, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product or service ordered. Chris finally sent me a set rear seats after a year of asking. I consider it resolved..

Original review posted by user Jan 29, 2021
I bought a Piper from Chris about 10 months ago on ebay. The listing stated rear seats are included in the sale, but not pictured. I have been emailing and calling him for the last 9 months and he says he will ship them. Today was my last email as he will never ship them. I wish I could complain to ebay, but too much time has passed. He is nothing but a used car salesman selling planes, telling you what you want to hear. Also, if you had his mechanic Chris Cain work on your airplane, get all of his work checked. He is not a good mechanic. If you are buying a plane from Cantari, have it inspected first and make sure everything is in the plane before the purchase. He sells alot of planes that have been sitting along time and will need alot of work to get the annual and flying again.

User's recommendation: Check it out first before you buy.

Resolved
ID
Pros
  • Sells cheap planes cheap
Cons
  • Poor customer service and lies
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Bad Experience

Stay far away from Chris Canterra. He is a liar and a scrupulous individual!
ID

Bought airplane from Chris with fresh annual. Year and a half he told me they were waiting on parts to finish annual. Annual was never started. I had to get ugly to get the plane. Big scammer

Everything he tells you is a lie, do not buy anything from him. I complained to eBay, he still sells on eBay. He will not honor his sales contract.

Hello Everyone, This review was brought to my attention yesterday. Firstly, I have no idea who this is or what airplane this person is referring to.

I would be happy to expound on this review but since the person left no identifying info its pretty hard to say anything. I try my hardest to accomodate every customer but there are times when you just cant make people happy. I am very pro-customer service and am not dishonest at all. As Ive stated in the other review its hard to combat someone trying to be a tough guy hiding behind a computer.

Anyone and everyone are invited to call me anytime to discuss this posting or just call for information. Thanks, Chris Cantara, Seaside Aviation LLC 207-329-****

ID
Cons
  • Not honest

Mooney 201

I bought a Mooney 201 from Chris. The airplane came with another complete disassembled engine that had a yellow tagged case and all accessories. I was ready to fly to California from the east coast for another 201 so I thought I'd give Chris Cantera a try. His mechanic explained all the defects that needed attention. I'm an A&P so I knew exactly what was needed. Chris gave me a great deal. Even after inventorying all the engine parts and finding a few missing, Chris gave me a very fair credit and deducted to cost. I'm very happy with my dealings with Chris. My good friend liked the deal I got so much that he bought an airplane from Chris too.
Service
Seaside Aviation Customer Care
Reason of review
Fair pricing

Dishonest Business

I bought an aircraft from Chris Cantara, owner of Seaside Aviation, LLC in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. Aircraft advertised as a smooth flying, IFR equipped plane sold with a new annual inspection. The inspection kept getting delayed, I got different stories of why the inspection was being delayed. I requested pictures, was told they would be sent, but they were never received. I stated I was coming to see the plane and was told that wouldn't be necessary. When delivery of the plane kept getting put off I started researching the plane's history. I found the previous owner who told me the plane was not airworthy, and sent me a copy of an evaluation of the plane which stated it appeared to have been sitting in salt water for some time as the corrosion of the bottom of the fuselage, the wing spars and the wing root were extensive and not worth fixing. The lies from Chris Cantara continued. I contacted the FAA, and everyone else I felt needed to know about the fact that the aircraft could be responsible for killing people. I got my money back, but Cantara continues to sell aircraft with defects. I noticed he no longer promises "new annual inspection" so buyers need to be extra cautious when considering one of his offerings. For someone to operate like he does when people's lives are at stake is unconscionable. Do not buy an aircraft from this man!

BTW - I'm a past customer and have no connection to Seaside Aviation whatsoever.

This comment was brought to my attention a few months ago. Im happy to give you background info on what and who I was dealing with on this particular aircraft.

The buyer was told the annual would take 2-3 weeks, we found corrosion in the floor under the battery box (common on Piper Cherokees) I ordered parts from Piper, who had to actually make the part, the took about 2 extra weeks. In the meanwhile the buyer was calling me almost daily. After a month and a half, I refunded the buyer his full purchase price of $25,000, his wire fee of $35 and gave him $500 additional to cover his lost interest on his money, which would have calculated to about 15% per anum. Yes, there were some missed calls and he called me several times while I was away on vacation but he seemed *** bent on "telling everyone " about this.

In the end, I never heard from the FAA, the plane was sold to a scrap yard in Texas after we figured it was not worth fixing the corrosion.

I am happy to discuss this further with anyone who calls. Its amazing how tough and mean people can be sitting in front of their computer.

Thanks, Chris 207-329-****

Seaside Aviation LLC

Hello,

I don't mean this as a criticism to you, but as a lesson to all: do you research BEFORE you send the money. I'm sure you'll agree it will save a lot of heartburn and sleepless nights.

Cheers!

We bought two different plans for Chris with Seaside aviation the first one we bought slight unseen they turned out to be very excellent purchases. I was very nervous with this guy's review however Chris was beyond professional and helpful. I am extremely happy with the two airplanes we bought from these people

I am extremely happy with the two airplanes as we bought from these people. Any questions feel free to give me a call 417-669-****

I have a friend that ran into a similar issue. I would like to learn more about how you resolved the issue with the seller. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#1207687

An unethical administrator of an estate sold a plane to this individual far, far below market value with no communication to heirs. As my father died intestate, both seller/administrator and buyer took advantage and exploited the estate.

The administrator had no knowledge of avionics, did not communicate to heirs. As an out of state administrator, he named a resident agent and coerced him into this. My father's former accountant informed us (including vulnerable resident agent)/that it would be "highly negligent" to sell this estate asset very below market value. There were higher offers for this plane, ignored by administrator.

Without due diligence the plane was sold to Chris Cantara by the administrator. HONOR BETWEEN THIEVES.

This action is in progress of litigation. DO NOT patronize this poor excuse for a business.

@PissedConsumer1207687

Hi All, I will reply to this also. I purchased the plane through the Personal Representative of an embattled and estranged estate.

The plane had been sitting for years in a barn on a closed private airfield. The plane had been vandalized, logs were lost, and it was in horrible condition. The siblings were in a bitter feud and I ,and the company I hired to disassemble and truck the plane out, got caught in the middle of it. I assure you that the transaction and all paperwork was done correctly and legally.

If you have any questions PLEASE feel free to call.

Thanks, Chris cantara

Seaside Aviation LLC 207-329-****

@PissedConsumer1306548

P.S There has been no litigation and I have never heard from any parties. Calls and emails from me to the Personal Representative and a family member has gone unanswered.

View more comments (8)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Cons
  • Dishonesty
Reason of review
Dishonesty
Preferred solution
Let consumers know to be cautious.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article