map-marker Palm Coast, Florida

Horrible building experience, look for other builders

Signed contract Q3 2021, broke ground Q3 2022, and still no commitment on completion date. Don't let them give you supply chain issue excuses this is purely a resource issue, complete incompetence and lack of planning. Communication is nonexistent unless you contact your GC for an update. They have no idea what is occurring at the job site. They assume work is being done as scheduled and are "surprised" when nothing is getting done. Plan on months for your new home to sit with no progress. Check your city permits and see how many Quick-Move In homes listed on their website were permitted after yours and compare progress you will find out how much of a priority you are. Not to mention the number of failed inspections. Houses have gone up all around the neighborhood and completed in 6 months not built by Seagate. Simply an over rated company that has bought their reputational awards. If you are contracted with Seagate, hire an independent inspector to complete inspections for piece of mind before you sign off. I would strongly urge you to.
Guest

Are you in the house yet?????

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2363546

Know a good lawyer for breach of contract?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2363546

Good luck

View more comments (2)
map-marker Palm Coast, Florida

Seagate is not best builder in Palm Coast. More like close to bottom. They LIE to the homebuilders. Out community is a 55+ and suppose to be hated. Gates have been out going on 2 mos. They make excuse

Mostly quality of staff and their lack of listening to customer and the way they speak to homeowners. The lack of community repairs and all the excuses they come up with. Do yourself a favor. AVOID SEAGATE AT ALL COST. THEY CHOOSE CHEAPEST QUALITY fiXTUTES and the landscaping looked they had gone out in woods and dug up crap. Our gates have been out for almost 2 mos and have made 100 excuses as to why not fixed. We are off Laramie and the people on Laramie are using OUR community to let their kids come in and ride bikes. We have teens in here harassing people. There is a no trespassing sign up but it is ignored. If I was not elderly I would sell this house and move tomorrow. And the signs that say they are BEST BUILDER OF 2022 IS TOTAL ***

User's recommendation: Avoid Seagate...they do not believe in honesty.

Tabitha Ljr

I could not agree more with the bad reviews. The WORST customer service and simply courtesy.

This company does not care about its customers. Just as a previous commenter stated: This group of self-absorbed pigs do not care about those that have entrusted them with their dream homes. I am still waiting for a home, and I am not the only one. Because I have yet to see its finished product, I cannot yet comment on the home.

Seems like there are many of us angry and disappointed in SeaGate whether their homes were completed or are still waiting.

SeaGate's current reputation will catch up to it, I am certain. It is just a matter of time.

Worst builder of my 7 new homes

I went with Seagate because of trust in their salesperson, Vicki LaVaglio, and only good reviews on the web. Unfortunately, Vicki passed away before Seagate broke ground. All communication was lost at that point. I only got condescending platitudes after that point, up to the Seagate President, Robert Gazzoli. I later found out from others, bad reviews were mostly all removed, presumably by Seagate attorneys or staff. Over two years to build my home, prior to Covid, and multiple serious building flaws they refused to correct, I had to hire an attorney to try and get back the money I spent to remedy the problems.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Final cost well over advertised
  • Building quality
  • Defects they refuse to fix

Preferred solution: Just to explain the circumstances.

User's recommendation: Caveat emptor.

map-marker Palm Coast, Florida

Contractor refuses to start construction

I signed a contract with SeaGate Homes to build my house 9 months ago and they still are refusing to even pull a permit to begin construction.
Guest

I have been under contract with Seagate since 12/21/2019 and our home is still not completed. Every change we made to the original plans, Seagate made mistakes.

Their construction management is non existent so the quality of the work is sub par. They installed the wrong, mismatched air handler and heat pump and will not make them the same size, instead they recalculated the energy calcs to make the units acceptable. Plumbing was reinspected five times due to errors. A concrete Wall was built hanging off the slab and they did not want to fix it until the I contacted the engineer of record and he had them fix it.

Do not sign a Seagate contract you will be Sorry,! Do not trust them!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2332033

Are you in your home yet?????

map-marker Rhode Island, United States

Avoid at all coat

1 month before closing Seagate sent an invoice for $1600 for landscaping to mortgage company. No invoice was sent to me. They have hidden charges after you sign the contract. False financial information was shared. Poor communications and there were many other problems. When I questioned them about it I was threatened with loss of deposit, loss of land, and I would be fined $150 per day in any delay in closing.
Guest

Did you authorize landscaping or was this an extra which they did without permission ?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1774943

A landscape package was included and we had no say to much of anything. Trust me...Seagate sucks. Especially when it comes to customer service.

Seth Cmg

AVOID SEAGATE BUILDERS IN PALM COAST

SeaGate Homes - AVOID SEAGATE BUILDERS IN PALM COAST

Seagate Homes in Palm Coast, FL built my new home and it has several problems that they will not fix! Why is inferior construction the Buyer's fault?

Shouldn't that be the Builders problem? A very obvious seam in the Master Bath Granite does not match. It is very easy to see and it doesn't say much about the standards Seagate sets for their finished product. Their motto seems to be "CLOSE AND GO." The VP of Construction (Brandon Jacobs) told me they were members of the Better Business Bureau, and he LIED because they are not!.

Shouldn't he know? SEAGATE will do nothing to admit the problem with the countertop is theirs and the best I can choke out of them is a laughable offer to pay one half of the estimated $500 to repair this horrible job, but I was told that I would be responsible for any mirror breakage, countertop cracking and any other damage this "repair" caused. This is only one issue. The new stove they installed does not work properly and there is no fix, the people they contracted with to do the landscaping, Paradise Landscaping, were SO bad, even D.R., the construction manager, called them back to repair some of their work, but it's still not complete.

SEAGATE did not do many of the things DR promised, like picking up all the downed branches in our yard when we moved in.

I had to do it. When it comes to building your new home with SEAGATE, JUST SAY NO!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Willow model as shown to me
Cons:
  • As they built it for me
  • Willow model
Reason of review:
Damaged or defective

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Guest

SEAGATE Home Builders seem to think that we're just going to let this issue die, but they are so wrong. The granite countertops do not match up at the joint in the corner as they should, and it is apparent to everyone who I have shown it to.

We were lied to when the construction manager, D.R. Birle, promised that, upon final walk-thru that if the "fix" he had in mind didn't work (which was simply adding more caulk to the joint in question) that the issue would be fixed to our satisfaction.

This was not done and we will not pay anything to correct a problem caused by their shoddy construction standards. It is their fault and we are not through fighting them yet.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1402342

Shame on Seagate for not following thru with poor workmanship

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article