30 year customer

I AM A30 YEAR CUSTOMER FOR A REASON. COMPETTATIVE OIL PRICE.OUTSTANDING HOME SERVICE. IN 30 YEARS THEY INSTALLED A NEW BOILER WHICH MY PLUMBER SAID WAS DONE VERY VERY WELL. IF I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS THEY HAVE GOTTEN SOMEONE OUT USUALLY WITHIN AN HOUR. IT IS NICE NOT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT HEAT.

User's recommendation: CHECK THEM OUT.

Quincy, Massachusetts
Service
Scott Williams Oil Heating Oil Supply
Preferred solution
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Scott-Williams' pricing is competitive and their service is great!

Scott-Williams has given us several years of consistently great service. A number of times when unusual issues came up, they have gone way out of their way to quickly take care of the problems. One time we ran out of oil on a Saturday night during a stretch of particular cold. They called a guy in, and he had a truck filling our tank within an hour, and then it took more time to get the burner running properly after the filters got clogged from the gunk at the bottom of the tank. He had to drive all the way back to Quincy and back to us again, just to get the right filter and tools. And he did it cheerfully and professionally. Their pricing is competitive and their service is great! Highly recommend them.
Quincy, Massachusetts
Service
Scott Williams Oil Oil Tank Refill
Reason of review
Fast order processing
scott Williams only deal with their existing customers no matter how empty your tank is but when things are slow they take anyone, they have poor customer service. don't deal with them at all. I contacted them on a very cold day I tried to reason with them give them...

I have used Scott Williams for years. I have never run out of oil and I have always received same day service. This is a well run company

View more comments
ID
Cons
  • Serious ego
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Scott Williams Oil (Quincy, MA) left our family without heat

Scott Williams has provided our heating oil service for the past 5 years. Today, December 24th, 2010, the day before Christmas, it was 28 degrees outside and we came home from work to an empty oil tank. We called Scott Williams and asked them to refill our tank (which they typically do automatically). They refused to do it and dropped us as customers. No explanation from the company. No warning in advance. Unfortunately, this was a holiday week and it was nighttime so although we tried to find alternative companies to help us out, businesses were closed and we could not get in touch with another company. Without any heat and the weather at freezing temperatures, our family was forced to leave our home and find alternative accommodations for the night. Companies like Scott Williams are given a large amount of responsibility to make sure homes are properly heated and homeowners rely on them to provide a very important function. Leaving a family without the opportunity to find alternative means of heating and refusing to provide any sort of advance notice goes beyond just poor business practice.

This oil company told me I had used 100 gallon of heat oil last Oct. Would you belive it ?

Scott williams oil company has been the best oil company I have ever had! They are very understanding and give you time to pay on your bill.

I have been a single mom with 4 children for over a yr now and wouldnt have made it without scott williams when it comes to heat and hot water! I know if I call early enough in the morning they will be out here that same day!

And if the oil is really low they make every effort to get oil to me asap! Great oil company to have!!

I have had great service from the Scott Williams Oil Company. I had an issue with the furnace they came right out to fix it. I have always had deliveries on time.

This company is great with its service and payment arraingments I have been doing business with them for over 12 yrs. and it has been wonderfull, Good JOB Ken,

What a sad story. Scott Williams oil company in Quincy has provided fuel for a property that my sons live in for many years.

When my sons have fallen months behind on their bill, Scott Williams has been more than patient in waiting for the money that was due to them. WAY more than patient. If Mr.

Fennessy had the social graces of giving Scott Williams the courtesy of a call explaining financial difficulties and making arrangements for making payments, he would have found that Scott Williams company would have been very reasonable. How sad that a good company has to be treated this way.

I might add that I called Mr. Fennessy to ask that he remove the above post and that I would remove the response.

I received no reply. He also spent time to post a complaint on the BBB site.

As said earlier - why not put the effort into keeping the account current or setting up a payment plan and sticking to it? He did not.

I am responding to not the greatest service.

Sorry we did not meet your needs. Can I ask - were you a "will call" customer.

We try to make it clear that we need two business days advance notice for deliveries. Since you mentioned after hours deliveries it sounds like you had perhaps forgotten to call and then called at night for a delivery. No companies run regular routes, but do have on call staff at night. Should you run out and need a night time response there is always a charge involved.

The best bet is to have automatic delivery - then you won't run out nor will you have to watch the tank and remember to call.

If your new company does not work out please call us and take advantage of this service. It's easier on everyone concerned.

I have no interest in getting involved with the above issue as it seems like there may have been some issues with that particular customer; however, what I can comment on is my experience with this Scott-williams.

Although my experience with this company was better, I did end up switching carriers because there were several instances of the deliveries being late and having difficulty getting deliveries after hours. Although a follow up call generally solved the problem, we didn't think it was our responsibility to constantly follow up.

Switched over to Atlas in Quincy - so far, so good.

Sounds like that Mr. Fennessy owes everyone money. Get a job *** and pay your bills like the rest of us!!

PS - this site is new to me, as we have few complaints (except by those that owe us a legitimate debt it seems). In looking around the site it seems they want $4999.00 per year to allow us to rebut complaints - legitimate or otherwise - and to monitor our account. Let me complain about that - it's BLACKMAIL!!

View more comments (10)
West Palm Beach, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article