Excuses, excuses, excuses

Doesn't stand behind his work. Refuses to warranty his work. Quality of work very poor. Makes excuses and blames the customer for his mistakes. Very seldom is on the job site. Poor follow through, very unorganized. I have found no reviews on-line for Scott McCormack Classic Construction. For a company/builder that has been building homes I find this interesting. If you are building a house or thinking about remolding check out Michael Lee "Design-Build-Remodel", they are out of Woodbury. Before you hire Scott McCormack Construction do some research. Check out other great builders in Minnesota and Wisconsin that have better reviews. Good Luck!

I have also heard bad reports about this builder.

#1220854
@PissedConsumer685661

I'm glad you've heard bad reports and haven't had any first-hand experience. Very credible.

@PissedConsumer685661

Me too

View more comments (2)
ID
Minneapolis, Minnesota

New Home Construction

I would think twice about using Scott McCormack "Classic Construction" for your building needs. He was the general contractor for the building of our new home. Everything from A to Z went wrong. Very unorganized, quality and craftsmanship were terrible. Excussess were his favorite words. He should really think about changing name to something else. Far cry from classic construction. The tile work was installed crooked throughout house. Sheet rocking and taping joints can still be seen after the completion of house. Cabinets and installation of cabinets are terrible. Electrical problems throughout house. Wet insulation installed in walls, gas line broken, many windows and doors do not close right. Inside and outside of house needs to be repainted, etc.. This kind of work should never happen in new construction. The cost of house was $400,000+

My friends also did work with Scott McCormack "Classic Construction". Goes back on his word, doesn't follow through, doesn't warranty work, makes excuses, etc.

Take a look at Michael Lee "Design,Build,Re-Model" of Woodbury.

This is a spam report. This person has NEVER done business with McCormack Classic Construction.

False report, incredibly misleading. You should be ashamed of yourself.

@Gladiola Liw

Take a look at Michael Lee "Design,Build,Re-Model" of Woodbury.

This is not a spam report. Have you ever done business with him? What type of work has he done for you?

I see no good reviews on-line that make me believe differently.

@Raynetta Shp

Hi, "Bill" I would like to know who McCormack Classic Construction did work for, of your friends. If they can contact me at steph@***.com I can gladly clear any issues up for them, as we warranty ALL work from clients who have paid for our services. It's in our contract, we're legally bound to complete warranty work, and we happily do it. We wouldn't be in business if these claims were true.

These are spam reports, as there is no concrete evidence of these so called problems or issues. Not to mention this is the only site I'm seeing any "complaints". I would very much appreciate false comments/statements being deleted as it is clearly defamation.

~Steph McCormack

View more comments (3)
ID

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

How to Hire The Right Contractor And Not Be Scammed

Apr 16, 2021

How to build a home? How to hire the right contractor? Matt DiBarra, with Diabara Masonry, reveals top home construction scams and gives the best tips to consumers on how to find the best contractor.

Matt DiBarra
Matt DiBarra

Matt DiBarra is well-known as The Undercover Contractor. He is the owner of DiBara Masonry company in Los Angeles that specializes in house repairs, restorations, and new installations.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article