Only create shipping labels to collect money, not ship

My friend is too nice, so I am writing this for her. She ordered 2 dresses back in June! Now it is August and they have yet to actually ship the dresses. Not only have they refused any of her calls, emails or messages but they created the shipping label to collect the money. This place is a scam and does not fulfill orders at all. Even their site is sketchy as they have no real shipping policy. Stay away from them, as they will steal your money!!!! If you try to contact them or post on their page, they will delete it. Wish their customer service was just as fast as they are to protect their fake reputation!
ID
Los Angeles, California
Service
Scarlets Lounge Designs Shipping Service
Cons
  • Website
  • Policies
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Order processing issue

Scarlet's Lounge Designs Failed to Deliver

Scarlet's Lounge Designs, a vendor of bellydance costumes located in Austin, TX, failed to deliver an order in a timely manner. 6-8 weeks was the suggested time for completion. Initially, she was good at maintaining contact with me and offered excuses as to why there was a delay. I let her know several times that if I did not have the items by a certain date, that I did NOT need them (ever). After six months my costume arrived, in the wrong size and made from fabrics that did not match. I understand that often slightly different fabrics are used from the photo (in terms of dye lots), but the three pieces of this costume were made from 2 very different fabrics, which is not acceptable. Additionally, the items arrived after the LAST POSSIBLE EVER date for which I could use them (it ordered in February specifically for two performances that July and August). The skirt was also too short. I contacted the BBB, and she did not reply to them, and quit returning my emails asking for a refund. I know several other people who have had similar issues with this vendor and would NEVER recommend her to anyone. If I could afford to fly to Austin I would most definitely be taking her to court.

Complaint has been resolved. Thank you.

Let me repeat a paragraph from my previous post:

You lost my trust after running me around for months, and for sending a faulty item in the end. You lost my trust with your completely lack of communication. I WANTED to work it out, and I went to a service who could facilitate that in a way that made me comfortable. You ignored their messages. You dropped the ball, not me.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

As far as your situation, you did not want to send the costume back to me. At that point, I ceased trying to work things out with you. It is unreasonable for you to demand a refund for a costume that you refused to send back to me. Any store would require you to actually return the garment you purchased prior to issuing an exchange, refund, or store credit. I would have possibly considered a refund if you sent the costume back so I could examine the costume, etc. I am sorry that things did not work out.

I do agree that it took too long to receive your costume. It was custom made in India, and that particular manufacturer did not pull through. I did everything I could to get you the costume on time for your event. I have since ceased working with that manufacturer and have vastly improved upon my business as a result. I have since taken things into my own hands. I no longer offer those imported costumes from India, and have eliminated the cause of the problems you describe.

You lost my trust as your customer with the constant stream of unfulfilled promises. I worried that by sending it back to you it would get 'lost' again and I would be completely out of the money.

I DID, however, try to resolve this issue by going to the BBB in September. They are a neutral third party and had you been compliant, I might have considered a partial refund/partial store credit. (I have NO need of $200 worth of items from your store as I dont typically use this type of costuming.)

Had you worked with them when they contacted you, it would shown me that you were sincere and it would have gone a long way to rebuild the trust and possibly the business/consumer relationship.

Again, I understand store policies. I have managed a retail business, worked for a decade for a small business costumer (who had an impeccable reputation) and I have run my own costuming business. I also know that any of those places would have given a refund in an extreme situation like this, with no questions asked.

Again, its like a girl who orders a prom gown or a bride-to-be ordering her wedding dress. If it doesn't show up for the event, they don't get store credit, they get a refund because that's the right thing to do and because it was the shop, not the consumer, that is at fault. They do NOT get a pile of excuses and a shop owner who tries to pass the blame to someone else. As a business owner, YOU have to accept those liabilities.

It is your responsibility to either make good on your word or accept the consequences. THAT is how you create happy customers.

And I will indeed be emailing you.

Please feel free to email me directly.

You could have returned the costume for store credit and at least got something else you liked...or even sold the store credit.

You never returned the costume to me after I requested you to do so.

Then, you sold it to somebody else. So, now what am I supposed to do?

To each his own. Independent business owners have the right to choose their store policies. I offered store credit or an exchange.

I never received the costume return. Buyer demanded a refund and ignored my request to return the costume for store credit OR an exchange. She then went on to resell the costume on bhuz.

I do my best to satisfy my customers and work hard to provide top quality merchandise. For every 1% of complaints, I receive 99% positive feedback and gratitude for the costumes and friendly service I provide.

Sorry this is one of those few instances that did not work out.

I have been in the business of selling belly dance costumes since 2002. Although I try, it is just impossible to please everybody. When you deal with a large number of customers, for a long period of time, it is not unusual to receive some negative feedback.

I "always" offer a solution to the problem. My store policies are clearly stated, and I offer an exchange or store credit.

I dont want that costume any more, I told you repeatedly that I had a couple of performances last summer for which I needed it. I would NEVER need it again beyond that point.

It is your job as the owner of a business to offer a REFUND when a situation like this arises. There are no excuses that you can make here that make your actions ok.

Because you stopped replying to me and because you never replied to the BBB, I had to sell the costume at a $85 loss. That is very unfair to me to be out that much money. Do you want to make it right? Fine, credit me that much in your store NOW and I will call it even and walk away.

This situation was NOT my fault and I should not be out of money because you cannot run a business ethically and because you fail to put your customer base first.

The costume you are referring to from 2010 is no longer available. If you send the costume back to me, I can offer you store credit towards something else. This is the best I can offer considering the situation.

So now, instead of trying to rectify this situation and show that you do have the capacity to offer great customer service, you opt to pimp your new wares here? I dont even know how to comment on that.

New line of tribal belly dance costumes! Better quality, faster service, affordable prices!

www.scarletslounge.com

View more comments (11)
ID
#212046 Review #212046 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dundalk, Maryland

About

Top Scarlets Lounge Designs Services

Shipping Service

Scarlets Lounge Designs Pros and Cons

Cons: Website, Customer service

Summary

Scarlets Lounge Designs designs and makes special scenic clothes for belly dance, yoga and working out. Its apparel is beautiful, affordable and convenient at the same time, providing dancers and sportsmen with maximal comfort and impressive appearance, helping them to create different original scenic image for every performance. Each piece of clothes is created with fine attention to details. When you buy dancewear from Scarlets Lounge Designs you can be sure in high quality workmanship that you get with it. The company not only works with private clients, but also supports the Belly Dance community since 2002, being its main supplier for dancewear and accessories.

Scarlets Lounge Designs reviews and complaints

Scarlets Lounge Designs is ranked 925 out of 2350 in Footwear and Clothing category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article