SaveYa misleads consumers on gift card fraud

SaveYa indirectly encourages gift card fraud by grossly understating the risks you take when purchasing the cards. It should say on their website that after 3 months "guarantee" expires, it's nearly guaranteed that the balance on your cards will be drained. A 100% loss. This is not because your mom-and-pop seller will re-use the card, but because bulk resellers will re-sell the card to someone else. I lost 5+ gift cards with 100% loss each, because I did not use them within the 3 months guarantee, and confirmed with original issuers that the cards were used online and in store by normal consumers (perishable food items). It's not "some risk in used gift card marketplace", it's 100% guarantee that the cards will be re-sold to someone else (e.g. by bulk re-sellers who supply cards to SaveYa) after 3 months.

I have had several cards mysteriously revert to zero value while lying in my wife's purse. Now I have a new explanation and I will certainly watch out for it! Thanks for the tip.

ID
Reason of review
Bad quality

SaveYa yet another scam

I bought a $500 Home Goods gift card through Gift Card Granny and the seller was SaveYa. The gift card was deemed invalid by Home Goods. The manager says she sees this scam all the time where someone has an electronic gift card through a third party vendor and the gift card is invalid. I contacted SaveYa and I got a, "Sorry. We will begin an investigation claim." I gave my money to them in seconds and now they have to investigate their business error? I was told it can take up to 2 weeks to get my money back AFTER the investigation. If it feels like a scam, it is a scam.

you bought with a credit card and SAVEYA didn't deliver. So open a dispute with your credit card bank.

I did that once with carpetland when their installers scuffed up my house and didn't restore it.... carpetland left me with thousands refunded through the dispute. I once bought a new satellite receiver from a shop in Miami and received an open box that was scuffed and not properly repacked.

I wanted a refund, the shop said no way. I opened a dispute with the bank and did get my money back after I returned the receiver.

ID
Lawrence, Massachusetts
Product
Homegoods Gift Card
Reason of review
product was nonexistent, invalid.
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article