Hair in food, told I was imagining it. No apology.

This restaurant? The look & coziness, the price balanced with the variety of food: fantastic. The service, however, does not hold up. The smallest of my irks begins with the waiting staff. It's largely young people, late teens to early 20s, with severe attitude. I understand this is an Asian restaurant, but while I've heard them all speak English, they gab and whisper and laugh and shrew in Korean, Chinese, etc. At the risk of sounding sensitive or paranoid, they are frequently giving customers filthy looks (for staying "too long," or just raising their hand for soda) and I see the concern in other patron's faces. Some even seem to dare you by staring you down if you happen to look at them. Haven't really seen anything like it before. Next, they're frequently claiming lobster dishes but to those who love lobster and taste their weekly "new entrees," it's very obviously not lobster. You could chalk it up to 10% lobster, the rest salmon & imitation crab. They lobster pieces they DO offer contain nearly no meat. Lastly is this, which is why I'm really making this complaint. It has bothered me to this day and I have to say something. Some months ago, I went with some family to dine here. All great lovers of seafood and with exception of the waiting staff, we had high expectations and great appetites. We serve ourselves and come to sit down. As we begin to eat, I notice a human hair wrapped around a mushroom. I extract the mushroom from the dish, set it aside on a napkin and, just to make sure, I unwind the hair from around the stalk. Surely it's a human hair and given that, 1, none of us had hair that matched this one and 2, it was wrapped so securely around the mushroom, we knew it belonged to someone from the restaurant. I'd worked in food service since I was 16 years old, and cook personally at home, so I sympathetically called a waitress over and said, "The first thing I want you to know is that I'm not mad... I just wanted to let you know I found a hair in this dish." I showed her and she apologized profusely to which I responded it wasn't her fault, and upon instinct she went to grab the manager. I saw them stand off to the side staring at the mushroom and hair with napkin in hand. A few moments of silence between them, and the manager came up to me. She seemed young. She walked up to me in casual business attire with a nervous smile and I greeted her, "Hi, I'm not mad, I just wanted to let you guys know about it." Then she said what I've had a hard time letting go of. She simply told me, "Yes, yes, it's not hair, it is part of mushroom! Heh heh! Sorry for your misunderstanding!" Then she walked away. It was as fast as that. No apology, no comp, nothing. She didn't even wait for a response from me. She simply felt that my assumed stupidity would be nulled by her suggestion that the hair was "a part of the mushroom". A whole career of mine in food service and cooking in the home since 12 years old and she expected me to believe the human hair discovered was "a part of the mushroom." I've been there: harsh customers, crunch time, etc. I wanted to be kind and sympathetic. An apology would have been enough, just acknowledging that fact that there was a *** hair in my food. Don't even say sorry, it happens! But she felt the need to lie, and more so, tell me I was imagining things. She knew what it was. She saw the grin melt from my face in confusion and disappointment and practically ran away. This alone with the continued begrudging attitude of the wait staff has me completely turned off to a restaurant I once loved.
ID
Corona, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article