Do not ever get a car loan with this company

It’s better to save up money and pay cash than to go with this company who has illegal billing, collection, and repossession practices.
#1619849

Oh yes...it's still another deadbeat legal expert! Because they hold you to your promise of paying on time, they're illegal, right?

Because they do a repo because YOU won't pay, that's illegal, right?

Your whining is nothing more than the very typical serial deadbeat throwing a temper tantrum because you just can't stand the consequences YOU brought upon YOURSELF because YOU won't pay on time and because YOU'VE proven, YOUR word is worthless because that's what YOU promised to do when YOU signed the contract! Typical serial deadbeat!!!

SANTANDER SCREWED ME WITH HIGH INTEREST

I bought a 2011 Hyundia Sonata and paid 3 years at 500$ month I'm on disability. Not only did I pay 17,000$ in that time but none went to the principal loan only to interest of the loan. I want to be a part of the class action lawsuits as well. I have proof of payments and letters. I should be listed as a Consumer who was taken by Santander Consumer loans. My car was repossed because I could not pay the high note and they would not refinance loan. My name is Christine Frost, 318-572-****, 136 Wilkinson, Shreveport, Louisiana 71104. Please add me to the lawsuit. I deserve to be paid for the action lawsuits against Santander.

I went through the same thing the original complainer went through. I made my payments ON TIME every month.

They seriously repoed my car the DAY I made a payment. In 30 months of $518 a month payments, my balance only decreased $6,000.It is obvious that the responder has no dealings with this fly by night lender nor has he or she read all the other complaints from other people who experienced similar situations.

It is also apparent that the responder likely works for the company and is trying to regain their reputation by making the original complainer look irresponsible. That is exactly what this company is all about!

Bull! Your car was repo'ed because YOU failed to make payments.

The APR is determined by YOUR credit. ALL AUTO LOANS apply payments first to interest and more and more as time goes on to principal. Since YOU made payments late, YOU generated more interest for them. The APR and payment amount were disclosed to YOU when YOU signed the contract and YOU agreed to those terms.

No, I don't work for them!

NO VALID COMPLAINT HERE.

Complainer agreed to the terms of contract.

Complainer's poor credit did not earn a lower APR. All points were fully in control of the complainer.

View more comments (1)
Service
Santander Auto Loan
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Complete Ripoff

I had an auto loan with them. When it came time for my payments to be done, I had an additional $12,???.?? owed. That company is a complete joke. My next car purchase (to get away from this horrible company) had a hefty monthly payment from carrying over the extra 12k from the last car that SHOULD have been PAID OFF! jerks. They are a complete ripoff. I still to this day do not understand the reasoning behind the additional charges and could not get any assistance from their horrible customer service agents. I would rather walk than ever do another loan with this *** company. don't ever do a loan with this company. ever.

Let's see...this is a subprime deadbeat lender. You were PLACED with them because the banks with a lower APR wouldn't touch you because you failed to pay other creditors on time.

Anytime you are late, YOU generate extra interest and late fees for them.

Now I guess you're going to write back claiming you were the perfect customer and late just once! No, I don't work for them!

Service
Santander Auto Loan
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Unauthorized charges
  • Fees
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
$12000
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Brands Related to Santander

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article