"Family" Business" Takes advantage of my elderly Grandmother

They "Helped" my grandmother (82 yrs old) in one of those January storms. Her furnace stopped working in freezing temperatures. After a technician declared it was not repairable, a salesman was called, a quote quickly thrown together sight unseen, and money exchanged. While I can appreciate that they installed this the next day, in a snow storm, what I don't understand is why they overcharged an elderly woman on social security in an obviously desperate situation? I looked up her furnace, it retails for $1250.00. Factor in installation/ materials and profit - lets say for arguments sake that brings us to $5500. My grandmother paid $9000. A "Family" business that takes advantage of the elderly is not to be trusted. Period. My grandfather complained right after the installation, but my Nan said not to bother with any follow up. She felt they did her a favor by going out of their way as they did. Which I can't dispute. From what I understand, the installers were excellent. It's to bad this company is run by thieves.
ID
Service
Sanford Temperature Control Furnace Replacement
Reason of review
Pricing issue

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article