Charged me for their mistake ...

Stopped by on a Wednesday afternoon to make a massage appointment for the weekend. In fact, still have the appointment card stating the date/time I was scheduled for. A day later (Thursday) I get a call from the salon asking where I am and shortly figured out that the gal working the front desk just booked me for the wrong day. Normally not a big deal, just re-book right? Not here! They insisted that even though they made a scheduling mistake, I would have to pay a 50% "no show" fee. During my attempts to protest, I was told, "this is a store policy and we cannot make exceptions," and, "I spoke with the manager and she was not willing to budge." I am working now with my bank to get the charges reversed, but what a hassle. Never give your credit card in advance and just pay cash with this place. They seem more interested in the quick buck than building good relationships with their customers.
#204472

I didn't have an experience quite this negative, but I have noticed that Salon Jean is used to catering to an affluent community in South Bethesda. The will often "accidentally" charge you for various things. I think they assume that it would be too embarrassing for some to point out the $10 and $20 mistakes, but I have put up a fuss more than once to have something refunded.

ID
#202117 Review #202117 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fairfax, Virginia
Loss

About

Summary

Conveniently located in Washington, D.C., Salon Jean and Day Spa provides a full range of services to make your hair as stylish and beautiful as it has never been before. Its qualified hairdressers perform not only haircuts of all kinds that fit your face and your individual image, but also hair coloring, including organic coloring and colouring with natural highlights, as well as shellac, hair extension, hair straightening and hair curling. In addition to that, Salon Jean and Day Spa provides services from other body care specialists: massage, manicure and pedicure, waxing, skin care, spa body treatments and much more.
Salon Jean’s beauty specialists use primarily high quality Loreal professional products, such as Kerastase and Shu Uemura Art of Hair.

Salon Jean and Day Spa reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article