Hair Cut and Color

Update by user Apr 20, 2018

This is an update. I filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Mary Verlander responded and lied to them in a letter. She told them (and others) that I was just "hard to please"! THAT is a lie. The haircut by her stylist was beyond horrible and neither she nor her stylist admitted that there was ANYTHING wrong with my botched hair.

I received NO APOLOGY from Salon Eden at any time, only rudeness. Under those circumstances there was no way that I was ever going back to Salon Eden. I decided not to fight it in small claims court because I don't have that kind of time so I am just out the money. I finally went to a DIFFERENT salon in order to have the botched cut fixed which meant that my hair had to be cut much shorter.

The stylist who fixed my botched hair was great. She and the owner of the new salon agreed that the cut done by Salon Eden was REALLY bad. They also read what Mary Verlander had posted about my review online. They were stunned at the arrogance of Mary Verlander, because my haircut was so obviously bad.

I am so grateful to have found a new stylist who knows how to cut my hair.

This new salon is really nice and the owner and stylists are so kind and friendly. I will never go anywhere else.

Original review posted by user Mar 21, 2018
Absolutely the worst experience ever. Salon Eden in Town Square in Baton Rouge is owned by Mary Verlander. She is arrogant, dishonest and unprofessional. She has made no apology to me for the horrible haircut and the damage to my hair at the hands of her employee, a “so called” hair stylist, Shelley. Mary praised and defended Shelley even after I showed Mary the damage that Shelley did to my hair. Mary’s tone has been arrogant and dismissive of me while defending her stylists botched cut and color that I am still dealing with. The texture of my hair is ruined because of the chemicals as well as the slide cut technique that Shelley used on my thick wavy hair. The haircut is very uneven. Shelley cut the left side far shorter than the right side, the layers are not blended, she thinned the ends out badly which look shaggy and frizzy. Shelley did not get the color right either. Instead of the color that we had agreed upon, my hair came out an odd drab color and my dark roots still show! I truly cannot imagine a worse cut and color. When I looked in the mirror, I asked Shelley to please, please correct the cut and color but she made excuses including telling me that, “It would look fine after I washed it and styled it at home”. She rushed me out of her chair because she had another client scheduled. I was stunned. I walked out of the salon, got in my car, looked in my car mirror and walked right back into the Salon. I politely asked Shelley for a second time to please fix my hair. She was curt and basically blew me off. It was tense and very uncomfortable, no other stylists or employees stepped forward to offer me any support. The atmosphere felt tense and unfriendly. Everyone just stared. I felt that I had reached a dead end so I left the Salon and contacted Mary Verlander. I took numerous photos which I sent to Mary and I explained to her in great detail what had transpired. Mary refused to comment on the awful cut and color in the photos. She made no apology to me, at any time, EVEN after viewing the photos. She implied that I was simply hard to please! With that kind of indifference and arrogance, I knew that I wanted nothing further to do with her or her Salon. Returning there would feel like walking into a lion’s den so her lame “offer” to try and “please” me by allowing me to return to her Salon to see what they could do to “try and make me happy” is a joke. I asked Mary for a refund which, of course, she has refused to give to me. She simply doesn't care. I plan to take further action in hopes of recovering my money. Meanwhile, I hope that my review will spare someone else from having to go through such an awful ordeal. I wish that I could upload photos of my botched hair to this site because a picture is worth a thousand words.
ID
Service
Salon Eden Haircut
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article