People with Foreign accents and or black / brown should be on alert.

My boyfriend was not allowed to see our daughter in January 2022 when he was in the lobby trying to get to me . His wallet was stolen so he didn't have his ID but he had a copy of his birth certificate, a copy of the police report and he is listed in my hospital...
View full review
#4078776 Review #4078776 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Baltimore, Maryland
Advanced Reviewer

Avoid at all costs

cy and Evicesileen Raymond and Tony Raymond 973 Circle Drive Baltimore, MD 21227 (410) 247-**** COMPLAINT AGAINST MEDICARE AND ST. AGNES HOSPITAL 1. This complaint is in behalf of my mother, Eileen Raymond. She is 96 years old, resides with me, and her DOB is 6/8/1923. Her SS# is {{Redacted}}. Anthony Raymond is a permanent resident of 973 Circle Drive, Baltimore County, Maryland, and has lived there since 1965. 2. On 1/15/19 my mother had a fall. She was sent to St. Agnes. Six hours later I called to inquire about her condition, and the room number and telephone number. I was told she was being admitted, and to call in an hour. When I called I was connected to the 4th floor. The nurse said they had no record of my mother even being in the hospital. I spent the next hour talking to a variety of people before being connected to the head nurse of that floor. I think her name was Carol Gallagher (?). I asked for her room and phone number. She said she refused to give that to me, and if I want that information I had to drive to the hospital. I spent another 45 minutes before being connected with a nurse who physically walked to that building to get my information. I subsequently made that day a formal complaint/grievance about that nurse. 3. Within 5 days my mother began to complain about her treatment, specifically her legs. She said they refused to provide any exercise or therapy, and now she could not move them. I nade a complaint to administration that day, and they set up a meeting with her doctor. He told me they had a room waiting for my mother at Charlestown. I said great, and please send her there today. He insisted or another tests for her wrist. I told him our concerns about her legs were more important. I called Charlestown that day. They confirmed that a room was being held, but could not understand why my mother had not been sent. Finally, despite my continued protests, my mother was sent to Charlestown eight days later. When she was sent her legs were totally immobile. It is important to note that prior to her treatment at St. Agnes, my mother was totally independent, even driving and shopping by herself. Although she suffered no damage from the fall to her legs, now she could not walk because of St. Agnes negligence. 4. On 3/1, she was discharged from Charlestown. Upon discharge she walked only with a walker, and then a cane. She now could not drive, or shop, nor can she now many months later. 5. On 8/5 my mother had another fall. She was sent to St. Agnes. Five hours later a nurse called and said my mother ready to return home. She asked how long I would be. I told her within 15 minutes. She said to meet her at the ER entrance. When I arrived as scheduled, my mother was waiting unaccompanied by anyone. There was neither a doctor,a nurse, or even paperwork with her. She had been given a sling. My mother asked me to remove it, so she could sleep more comfortably. I asked if she had been given directions. She said she was just told to wear it going home. She never again wore this sling. She complained about severe pain. I gave her Advil, since she had not been given any prescription medications. She remained in severe pain. 6. On 8/21 my mother had another fall. However this time she was extremely disoriented. She insisted she call the police. I allowed her to do so. She told the police I had glued her to the bed leading to her fall. She was sent to St. Agnes. Five hours later, a doctor called me and told me to come get my mother. I reminded him that since she was unable to walk, and was delusional, how could I transport her home. He asked me if we had seen the orthopaedic specialist. I asked him for what. He said, you know, her broken shoulder. I was livid. I told him we had no knowledge of a broken shoulder. He said. oh, I guess we will do more tests. 7. A few hours later a nurse called me, and said my mother also had a urine tract infection, and it would be necessary to keep my mother as a patient, especially because of her age. The nurse said all I would have to do at present was to talk to her primary care doctor, and the St. Agnes social worker. I said I would call the doctor, and asked if I was to call the social worker. She said it was not necessary as she would call me. 8. On 8/23 I gave up waiting for the social worker. I called that department and was refused an appointment, or even a call to that person. They told me to go to the nurses station at my mothers floor. At 12:45 I arrived and requested that appointment denied to me. Finally at 3 pm, another nurse came to my mothers room. She apologized, saying she knew nothing about my mothers condition, but she sent by the social worker to get me to choose 3 rehab facilities. I asked when I would have to make this decision. She said immediately. I told her this was improper as I was only familiar with one facility on this entire list. 9. On 8/26 I finally got a call from the social worker. She told me I had to call Don at Summit Park. I asked why. She said my mother was already sent to them, and I had to arrange payment of $2500 for the first 10 day stay. I reminded her that this year she had spent weeks in St. Agnes, and 5 or 6 weeks at Charlestown, and all of her bills were covered by Medicare and CareFirst. She said that was how her doctor at St. Agnes admitted her. At no time was I ever informed by anyone at St. Agnes that she was put in observation status, and apparently not admitted. 10. On 8/27 I drove to Summit Park and paid $2500. Thereafter, I called their so-called patient advocate to make a complaint and grievance. He finally returned my call on 9/2, six days later. I complained about her billing and status. He informed me that he would talk to a doctor. I told him that I wanted to make a formal grievance. Four weeks later he finally got back to me only because Richard Pomerantz told him to call me. I have never received ANY written confirmation of my complaint, which I have told I am entitled to. 11. In August I called Medicare. They told me to call CareFirst. Carefirst tells me to call Medicare back. Medicare tells me to complain to Livanta (866-532-****, which I did. This was another waste of time. After making a complaint to Loretta, I tried 22 times to return a call, leaving messages about 10 times. She never returned any calls. 12. In September, I again called Medicare. Now I am told they are obliged by the hospitals records how my mother was classified. They said if she was placed as admitted, all bills would have been covered. They said her status should be reclassified by St. Agnes. I was told to call first the patient advocate, which I already did, and then the person in charge of the ER department. I called the following: Head of Nursing at ER, Sue Mathers 667-234-**** Head of Physicians at ER, John Faulk 667-234-**** Head of all the doctors at St. Agnes Richard Pomerantz 667-234-**** CEO of St. Agnes Christopher Chekoris 667-234-**** Pomerantz refused to speak with me. All of the others I spoke with. Each expressed their concerns and apologized for my mothers treatment. All said they would get back to me. All did nothing. 13. St. Ages is clearly guilty of malpractice and neglect. Their negligence in January has resulted in permanent disability to my mother. On August 5, we were never informed about her broken shoulder. They didnt even give her pain pills. Only 16 days later did we learn of her condition. This would be considered awful treatment even in a third world country. We were never informed at any time she was under observation. I only learned this after she was sent to Summit Park. 14. How could a 96 year old patient with an unreported broken shoulder, and a urine track infection be considered under observation? Most doctors would know that a UTI at that age is particularly dangerous, and can easily be considered life threatening 15. I request that her status be reclassified, and that we be reimbursed for the $2500 we had to pay Summit Park, due to the outrageous treatment by St. Agnes.
View full review
#1748227 Review #1748227 is a subjective opinion of poster.
  • Awful staff and management
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Full refund

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Karen Jubanyik, MD is Associate Professor, Clinician-Educator Track, in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Yale University School of Medicine.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

  • Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article