Recent purchase

There are promo codes online that offers 10% off, Sms10. I failed to put it in, so I called. I was told that there arent any promo codes right now.
Smyrna, Georgia
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Problem with order

I called Sailrite before I put in an order for 2 yds Tommy Bahama Palmiers Riptide 54" fabric. I told them that I wanted the fabric rolled and not folded and they told me anything over 1 yd of fabric would be rolled. I placed an order online right after I hung up. I received the fabric today folded in 12x14 plastic envelope. $15 shipping I paid. Very disappointed and would like a response of how you will handle this. Sales order# SO117**** Sales invoice# CS114**** Customer#. C907867 Cathy Sawchuck
#1986794

We would like to apologize for the miscommunication regarding your fabric. We customarily fold upholstery fabric on orders of 2 yards or less and are taking steps to ensure that our entire customer service team are well-versed on this issue going forward.

Folds in upholstery fabric are easily removed with use of a steamer.

As a gesture of good faith, our support team has reached out to offer to refund your shipping fees. We value your business and hope to see you again soon!

#1986792

Folds in upholstery fabric are easily removed with use of a steamer.

View more comments (1)
Loss
Preferred solution
Resend 2yds of fabric rolled at no additional cost to me. Can't get folds out of fabric

Verified Reviewer

The little top on soap stone marker fell out

Some how the top to the soap stone marker has disappeared and I can not get it to work now. Is there a simple home remedy or do you have one I can buy? Many thanks, K Cooke
Let the company propose a solution

Slip the setup book in a padded envelope and mail it for crying out loud.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Long nosed stapler will not drive staples

Ordered Part # 121411 long nosed stapler for upholstery, set my compressor @ 70psi (recommended by Sailrite) equipped with #8010GZ 3/8" staples. Would only drive staples 1/2 way; increased PSI to 100--no difference--increased to 125--no change. Went back to my regular stapler- worked perfect. Unfortunately I was away and missed my 1-month return window, and am stuck with $100.00 worth of something I can't use. Can only use Sailrite staples. I was working on a soft wood chair ; cloth upholstery--not a hard wood. To any one thinking of purchasing this gun for upholstery--DO NOT!!!!! Might work for leather or vinyl car seats?????????

User's recommendation: Don't waste your money.

Full refund

Petty and short sighted

Last week I ordered legs for a sewing machine table. I opted not to purchase the whole kit as I have the materials for the top and the tools/skills to make one in my shop. When I received the legs I noticed no little rubber feet that the video showed for the complete kit. I called and asked about this and was told the little rubber feet were extradited another 9 bucks please. Wow, talk about petty and short sighted. I asked if they could provide a schematic for the top and was told no as it was an "active number," and "we don give out this information." What nonsense. Here I spend $165 for the legs and they can't help me complete the project because they are trying to do what, protect some sort of trade secrets. Ridiculous.
Melbourne, Florida
Service
Sailrite Shipping Service
Not as described/ advertised

Short Review on February 02, 2017

Rude and condescending personal. Would not honor shipping cost advertised on amazon. They charged me triple the amount for shipping and did not take responsibility for incorrect advertising.
Pricing issue

Review in Shopping category from New Haven, Connecticut

I ordered time-sensitive items for an important client, requesting and paying Sailrite for "2 Day Priority Shipping." Over a week later, the tracking numbers indicated my shipment was delayed and is still in Indiana! So, I contacted Sailrite Customer Service and was appalled by their condescending attitude and unhelpful reply. With poor spelling and grammatical errors, it was inferred that I was somehow ignorant for not knowing that "2 Day Priority" really means up to 10 "business days" (Translation: 2+ calander weeks !!!) And read the fine print of their terrible refund policy: Even if, through no fault of my own, the package arrives late or damaged, all shipping fees (including return postage) will be deducted from my refund. Wow! Caveat emptor -- Let the buyer beware!
New Haven, Connecticut
Problem with delivery

Putting Us at risk of loosing $15,000 project

Ordered a fabric from them on May 1, couldn't stress the fact that it was a rush job and we needed that ASAP. Someone took our order, we were told we should receive it in 3-5 business days only to get an apology e-mail after 6 days stating that the fabric is in a back order and will be shipped by the 15th. The deadline for the project to be finished was the 17th. Thank you Sailrite! For putting us at risk of loosing a new client that we are trying to establish a relationship with. For putting us at risk not completing the project on time and loosing $15,000 just on that job. For putting us through extra stress and expenses for overnight delivery from someone else that could actually deliver. And while you were apologetic on the phone that means nothing for my business. Business is business and it's wrong on your part to making my company look it's build of empty promises where I can't deliver what I promised and making an *** out of me in front of my client. Good work Sailrite...NOT!

Do expect things at the last minute. Your emergency and lack of planning is not anyone else's problem. Plan ahead next time, dunderhead.

@PissedConsumer852599

As a business the time frame is dictated by cutomers time frame, not procrastination. Sailrite shoudn't have accepted a rush oder they couldn't fill in a timely fashion.

View more comments (1)
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

Sailrite has abusive business practices

Of the two orders placed at Sailrite--they made shipping errors on both. The first error was just time consuming (had to send a bolt of the wrong colored fabric back and then wait for the correct color to be resent). The second was stressful and is still unresolved. On 1/21/2010, we placed an order with Sairite for various materials. Prior to placing our order, we contacted Sailrite and communicated with Tona in customer service regarding the ease of shipping an order to Mexico. We were assured that there would be no problem in meeting our deliver requirements, so we went ahead and placed an expedited order to ship to the marina we were at in Baja. We paid extra shipping fees to ensure the delivery date of our order. When it did not arrive, as scheduled, we were notified by UPS that the item count and the packing slip did not match the inventory in the package. We were advised that UPS could not forward our package because it would not pass through customs for this reason. When we contacted Sailrite on 1/27/2010 to seek assistance in this matter, Sailrite's customer service representative Lisa then advised us that they have had problems shipping to Mexico and that Tona gave us bad information. This unprofessional approach was especially frustrating when Lisa refused to directly answer our questions and passed us off to the shipping manager, Pat, for follow-up. Pat could not identify the error and seemed quite content to put us off for several days until she could look into it. She insisted that they made no error, even after UPS confirmed the exact nature of the problem caused by Sailrite. Ultimately, this petty denial of liability and lack of ability to resolve the matter without the owners intervention, has caused serious financial losses and a major deviation in our itinerary. We still have not received this order or a response indicating when it would arrive at the marina. When our order was placed on the 21st of this month, we paid additional shipping to have it delivered within 3 days, which would have given us a delivery date of around the 25th or 26th of January. As a result of the errors and lack of appropriate responsiveness, we have paid $65 a day (in slip fees) to wait for this package since 1/27/2010. Five days later, it is no longer cost effective to remain indefinitely waiting for this package to arrive. $325 later, the expense to wait for the package has exceeded the value of the package, including shipping. We have been treated rudely from Sailrite and UPS indicates that Sairite should have properly package the order for international shipping. Since Sailrite will not give us a date as to when someone will get back with us, we have no choice but to claim this grievance with Sailrite, since they took our money and did not deliver the goods at all. Sairite seems to have serious issues within the shipping department which have escalated to abusive business practices. Ideally, we would like our $325 in slip fees reimbursed to us for the unnecessary time we have spent waiting for this package to arrive. We cannot put a price on missing out sailing with our friends for two weeks at Turtle Bay. We have filed a dispute and fraud claim with our credit card company against Sailrite. Conversations with Pat from shipping and Lisa from customer service have indicated that we must wait until the owners are back from respective illness and business travel before we will be addressed. E-mails with various staff at Sailrite confirm that they do not acknowledge the urgency of this matter, nor the travel and financial implications here. Additionally, they do not say when anyone who can help us will be back in the office. When we did get a brief e-mail response from owner, Matt Grant, he was defensive and refused to accept that his company could make such an error. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT A PRIORITY WITH SAILRITE! Clearly the owner thinks he has the corner on this market. Let's get the word out and show that the consumer matters and has a voice.

The customers long winded complaint makes her come acrossed as very unstable. Perhaps she has spent too much time in the Mexican sun. She sounds like a spoiled brat who has probably gotten everything she has wanted and has lost or perhaps never had the capacity to empathize with others.

This was an international transaction, with greater complexities. Many things could have happened to her order, not necessarily caused by Sailrite.

We have an award winning service business in Minneapolis. Rarely we encounter a nut case, like this customer, who perceives the world through their distorted lens. Hope I never have tie up next to this flake.

@PissedConsumer759060

The fact that you are churning in your juices 4 years later says more about your mental state and business culture. Your reputation is *** in spite of your attacks.

Get a life and move on.

Sailrite did not represent their response accurately below and having employees write in to off-set the company's bad image is typical. My next door neighbor makes sail covers for a living and is no longer dealing with Sailrite because they are greedy jerks.

Their staff is rude and unhelpful. They used to be ok--the owners are real d-bags!

Due to a very slow business growth. I asked if I could get the Sailrite 111 a little at a time.

Today I was sent a 9$ part that cost 5$ every where else. To top it off they dis claim selling it in parts or sections.

It is a shame. To see them loose a couple thousand over a over inflated 9$ part.

I would like to write a comment regarding an incorrect statement that was written about me personally in the Sailrite Has Abusive Practices. I am the shipping manager, Pat. I talked to this customer on the phone (1/27/10) and assured her that I would find out what was the issue with her shipment. Once the issue was understood, it was addressed and corrected within 2 hours after that phone call through assistance from our UPS rep who contacted international customs directly. I have email documentation to support my actions with times. For the record, the item count DID match the invoice. This error was addressed and an apology was written to the customer and Sailrite from UPS (copy to follow). To say I put her off for days is not a correct statement and is very misleading to anyone who reads this as are other comments written in her complaint.

IT SHOULD ALSO BE ON RECORD THAT UPS CREDITED SAILRITE FOR THE ENTIRE SHIPMENT AND SAILRITE DID THE SAME FOR THIS CUSTOMER.

Here is a copy of the letter from UPS:

Good morning Mr. Quincy..

In regards to your package that was detained by a discrepancy in the total items shipped, I just want to clarify that Sailrite did not

Send any excess material. This was inspected by our broker personnel and was detected that items did in fact match the invoice,

We are very sorry for this misunderstanding and apologize for any inconvenience.

The only issue was due to the unit of measurement that was in pieces instead of yards.

The package was release since Friday 29th of January..

I thank you very much for you patience. Again we are truly sorry for any problems to all parties..

Thank you very much and have a good day..

slds

OMAR BRAVO URRIZA

Depto. Importacion Terrestre

UPS DE MEXICO

This customer's complaint is so off-base that it is borderline laughable at this point. I have dealt with Sailrite on countless occasions and I know that they value EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION above all else.

The fact of the matter is that neither UPS nor Sailrite offers any international shipping time-in-transit guarantee because international customs can intervene in any shipment they desire which can cause significant delays. Secondly, in this particular case UPS was in the wrong in stating that Sailrite omitted items from their Commercial Invoice, it was verified by UPS Mexico Brokerage that they made the error and this customer was sent an e-mail from UPS Mexico Brokerage stating just that. Mr. and Mrs.

Customer, at this point your frustration with this event is obviously distorting the facts of the event in your mind and you are slandering Sailrite Inc. They are an outstanding company and strive to provide a wonderful experience for their customers.

@PissedConsumer114897

Sailrite normally has provided me with excellent customer service and have shipped out the items I've ordered very quickly.

Recently though, I had an issue with their website being "unavailable" due to "maintenance" around 10pm on a Sunday evening. I was trying to place the order at that time and had to wait at least thirty minutes for their website to feel like being available to place orders again. I don't think maintenance should occur when most customers are going to be awake and attempting (in vain) to place orders. This "maintenance" should occur around 3-4am to ensure that customers are not inconvenienced by this. My suggestion was completely blown off -- twice...with the response being "yes, we do maintenance to ensure the website is working correctly" or something terse to that effect...no effort to shift this maintenance time to avoid inconveniencing customers or anything.

This treatment makes me wonder if sailrite values my business anymore...I am thinking they do not.

@PissedConsumer593460

All websites that care about their customers do routine maintenance. No matter what time of day or night they do it, it will be a problem for someone.

I personally do all my on line ordering in the wee hours of the morning, if a site is down I just wait awhile.

I cannot believe that you would complain to them about having to wait a whole half hour. You must be a real prize and I bet your local shops appreciate the fact that you shop on line and not in their stores!

View more comments (7)
Tijuana, Mexico

E-commerce Talks

Art for Your Home Not Museums

Mar 7, 2022

David Afremov
David Afremov

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article