Sabre base removal

I can not seem to remove the base on my Sabre so I can mount it to the wall. Can anybody help here. I can't even find a online manual :( I have taken the screw out of the bottom and I can not see any other screws to remove. Please if anybody can help me. Or if anybody can give me a good link for there website or manual? I knowthey have went out of business. 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000 00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Woodbridge, Virginia

My 46in Sabre was working okay until today!

I purchased the flat screen Sabre in May 2009, it worked fine until today I only have a blank screen and no sound. I will never purchase this brand again because I cannot find them on the internet! The model# is PDT425BKA, consumers be aware of this product. I will never buy a noname electronic again I only purchased it because it was on sale, I guess that saying is true you get what you pay for! Now I have to get an estimate for this TV and that is an unexpected expense that I have to pay for or I will be purchasing a new TV.
Detroit, Michigan

Pissed off

My son was in the military and purchased the Sabre TV Model No. LCT260BKA as a Christmas present. The power button won't work. It is flashing red and green. I put new batter in the remote and it still don't work. I try holding the power button sometime it come on, but I am afraid it might break. I tried to get in touch with Sabre, but get no response. Are they still in business. I feel right now my son was used and fooled. I am pissed off because I can't get to work or get a answer.
ID
#203007 Review #203007 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Newark, Delaware
Loss

Sabre TV

We purchased a 32" LCD panel Sabre TV from a bx in Knoxville about 2 years ago. About a year after we got it, we noticed wrinkles in the screen; then the remote died (with no place to purchase a replacement). Now about the thing won't even turn on. There's a red and green flashing light at the power button; but nothing works to get it to come on. Bottom line, SABRE is a piece of junk. Just another way to prey on our military families who can least afford to be cheated right now. SABRE is evidently out of business; no recourse. Don't buy SABRE!!!

Where can I buy a universal remote for a Sabre TV? Thanks.

Yes same thing happened to me no power just blinking

Follow the instructions that "Teddy" left, about changing the capacitors, and TV works like a dream, will say put emphasis on the "Steady Hand" part..... :) :) :)

@PissedConsumer599957

How do I change them

I bought a 47" Sabre LCD TV in late 2008. Within 2 months, it would refuse to turn on about once a week.

I had to unplug it, then plug back in before it would work.

Lucky for me, I purchased the extended warranty. Because parts aren't readily available for us AAFES customers overseas, I got a 100% refund and got to keep the TV - which still works, but now has to be reset about every 2 days.

Teddy, Thanks for this thread. We really didn't want to have to buy a new TV! I'm a 29 year old blonde female, if I can fix it, anyone can!!!

no disply only blue background when power is on

I forgot to clarify:

The motherboard in question, when looking at uncovered, unplugged, back of tv is the top centrally mounted one.

You will see that the old capacitors are bulged on the top, meaning they are bad. The new ones you purchased are smooth on top.

When i looked into the capacitors that are under a "cage" of sorts, a few of those looked bad too, but i need to get s better soldering tool to loosen the solder points holding that cage.

Once i get around to it ill get to those and replace them as well.

Note: once you do this and fix it, you can proudly boast your technical abilities to your significant other as to how "handy" you are ;)

I hope this was of help :). By the way: capictors were $1.69 each, solder and soldering gun were about $20.00 total.

I, too, purchased a Sabre television in 2009 from a PX. I started having an issue with it a few months ago.

Had to press the power button repeatedly until it would turn on and sometimes it required "tenting" to help warm the screen. (blanket over Tv, mild heater under blanket - tenting)

Then i got the flashing red power button that never went away.

I have good news and its inexpensive :). Just takes a steady hand and patience. I had never done this before, so im not a skilled technician.

Go to radio shack, get two or more 1000 uf 35 volt capacitors or anywhere else that has them. A soldering gun and solder too. *** the back panel of the television. Btw i have a 46". Looking at the back of the television with the back cover off (unplug it too ;) ). Take a picture of it for reference! You will see a "motherboard". Unplug the plugs, unscrew it from back of television, put screws in a plastic cup, separate from back of tv screws.

Okay at this point you will see two capacitor next to a "box cage of other capacitors. Notice the two outside the cage are bulged on the top...that is the issue with the tv turning on. At this point you can take the motherboard to a repair person to install the new capacitors or do it yourself.

Find where the two capacitors are soldered on the back of the motherboard. Heat those points til the capacitor wire frees itself then repeat with other solder point and remove. The capacitors have a positive/negative side. Note the direction for when you install them back in. Repeat process with second capacitor and remove.

Now, you see how long the capacitor wires were when you removed the old 1000 uf 16 volt (i know i bought the 35 volt ones, however you only have an issue with "not enough volts"). Trim the wires to size and put in with the negative/positive sides in correct facing. Hold capacitors in place, turn over motherboard to solder.

Just a few drops of solder to affix them to the board and do not get solder points touching another solder area...steady hand remember. Let it cool, then:

Reinstall motherboard, all the plugs into it, arent you glad you took the picture!

Put back of tv panel on and there you go :-D

Im back in business watching my Sabre TV!

I have 2... both still work

View more comments (30)
Clinton, Tennessee

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article