Product: Ryan Homes Florence House Construction Clear all filters (2 of 2 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
Ryan uses low bid contractors, you can tell by the workmanship and the number of problems they have. Major issues, and they don't resolve the issues until you write letters to the president. Worst mistake I've ever made, after nine months, issues like siding has to be...

While modern technology through the discovery and use of new materials has improved the insulation and comfort of a home. The modern greed of trying to earn a buck the fastest way by hiring cheap labor ruins all of that.

It's one of lifes costly lessons which I have also gone through with this company. A home, especially a brand new one, should be a source of pride and security. Security, say in being cozy and in from a thunder storm occurring outside. My security in my Ryan home was worrying about how many shingles would blow off the roof or siding becoming loose.

This happened often to me, costing me money after my warranty ended. My HVAC system broke down 7 times in the short time that I kept that house. Besides my learning that new homes, or the contruction and profit made by cheap labor is something to avoid. I also learned that many amenities such as tennis courts and walking paths, promised, shown on community plans in that model by the developer and Ryan may never ever get built.

Another mistake is buying anything in an HOA. Here's another lesson learned. When the community pool needed a resurfacing job. The pool was closed for 3 months.

The clubhouse bathroom which was closed due to a leaky pipe was also closed for months. Exercise equipment that was reported as requiring repairs also sit idle for months. Your stuck with the landscaper they use who loves to do continual wheelies around and around your trees on your lawn. This causes tire imprints and dead sod.

Avoid an HOA. You either maintain your own lawn and have the ability to hire or fire whoever you want. You can join a gym or club with a pool. If they choose to take their time repairing it.

You no longer stay as a paid customer. The good thing about buying that older resale that Ryan will tout as a less efficient home. One that isn't in an HOA with all of these supposed amenities that are shown in the community plans is this. That home is built better built and regarding the surroundings of that older home.

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!

There are no hidden surprises. Stores, lake, trails and greenery are already there.

Review
Service
Ryan Homes Florence House Construction
Ryan Homes rows houses together in order to make as much money as possible. In the 2 1/2 years I have owned my home; I have had continuous issues. Huge nail pops that keep resurfacing; floor boards that squeak; hard limps in the floor padding; curled roofing shingles;...

I had also purchased a Ryan home which was a disaster from the very beginning. I felt as if I had bought a brand new handyman special.

Rather than enjoying the feeling of owning a new home, I spent the first year under the warranty having many isues repaired. Items such as appliances, HVAC issues and many others. The repairs continued after the one year warranty was over, costing me out of pocket expenses which shouldn't occur with a new home.

It was a great relief when I sold that house. I haven't ever ruled out buying a new home but I have ruled out ever buying a Ryan home.

Review