Rotten Rottie Rescue Reviews

Show reviews that mention
puppies money pup breeder dog cindy phillips returned because phillips cindy loss
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

I have 2 adopted rotties from Rotten Rottie Rescue. I couldn't be happier with the care and love that Shelley show for the rottweilers in her rescue organization.

I adopted Sofie from Rotten Rottie rescue over 5 years ago as a 3 month old baby. She had 2 siblings there as well. Eventually I fostered both siblings due to the fact that one dog was returned because the dog had diarrhea. My dog had this issue as well. Shelly have taken the girls to the vet for this when they were first rescued from New Mexico. I worked with both Shelly and the vet and was able to overcome their "issue." The other dog was returned because she had behavior problems - chewing, jumping, etc. Typical puppy issues. That dog, Greta, I adopted. Shelly has been absolutely wonderful. I recommend her to people who stop me on the street and want to adopt a rottie. She always has the best interest of the dog in her heart and decisions. It is always easy to sit at home and make judgments about a decision someone else makes when you don't have all the facts.
ID
Pros
  • Cares about the rottweilers
  • Professional
  • Keeps in contact with the owners
Reason of review
Exactly as described/ advertised

Look for Serb lines

If you want a well-bred Rott, the absolute best breeder in the US is Carraba Haus in NY. His dogs are requested for breeding in Europe. Do you research before you buy any purebred dog. Research the lines. Research the breeder. Check into each dog in the lineage going as far back as you can. A cheap pup is just that. Cheap.
ID

September 14 of 2018 I put a down payment of $500 on a puppy that was supposed to be born between December 15 and December 19. I received a call on December 27 stating that there were no puppies to be born. The total price of my male puppy would’ve been $1950. When I asked to receive my deposit back because the contract I signed was for the parents to be Yoko and Max and unfortunately there was no puppies so she stated I would not get my money back and that I would be moved to the next litter due in February between the first and the fifth Not the parents that I picked out. I called January 16 to receive a new receipt with the new parents and new due date again I received still did not Receive the Sad info after calling numerous times. As of February 7 still no puppies and still no receipt so my husband and I decided That we were not going to get a puppy from somebody that was very unprofessional and after reading all the reviews I regret even going down.
Grantham, New Hampshire

It's a puppy FACTORY indy & Larry Ouellette no good

It's in my back yard !! Not getting much help from the town!! Unless they're not keeping me informed ???
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Rotten Rottweiler breeder

I purchased a Rottweiler from a breeder in Mass named Cindy Phillips. The name of her "company" is Sidehill/Windswept Breeders. She was recommended by another breeder who was on the American Rottweiler Club's list of recommended breeders. I purchased the pup back on May 18, 2012. As part of the purchase, I am supposed to get the puppies American Kennel Club papers -- establishing its credentials. I have been calling, emailing and texting Cindy to find out when I will get the papers. No response whatsoever. I would advise anyone to avoid dealing with Cindy Phillips. She is unresponsive now that she has my money and I am at a loss at this stage with no where else to turn.

I purchased my first rottie from Cindy's mom back in 1999, had him for almost 13yrs, he was the definition of the breed in all aspects. So after he passed and it was time I called Cindy to get a new pup, this is now 2013.

I purchased 2 male pups, after bringing them for their vet check one was very ill (internals were completely undeveloped according to the vet the pup in no way should have been sold) and needed to be put down, the other has a deformed head and by no means meets breed standard. Based on her contract I was not to be refunded and was owed a new pup of equal value. Base on my 2nd experience I should have never returned but my first dog from her mom was truly an amazing dog and I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I took home a third pup from her last year, I just had to put him down for repeated aggression and he actually bit a person one who has helped raise him from the time he came home.

also at 14months of age he only weighed 81lbs and was "a *** male" which is a difinitive disqualification by breed standard.

I would never write on one of these pages but as someone who loves this breed and has now had to deal with an aggressive dog *** on a person, please think long and hard about choosing this outfit. Cindy has lost her way, and is breeding very poor quality (health/temperament) dogs.

@PissedConsumer1314265

You never bothered to contact me I'm regards to any problems with your replacement puppy that was out of 2 German imports and you should also be honest that the dog with a deformity you decided to take and I reduced the price substantially both parents of the puppy you said had agression came from a very stable background and excellent temperments you met the parents you should have contacted me with any issues

Not surprised. She had over SIXTEEN dogs on a 100 x 100 lot.

It took the town 4 years and $30K to FORCE her to comply with the town law. She now has court order LIMITING her to FOUR dogs TOTAL at the property she has on Old Boston Tnpk. in Hubbardston where she keeps puppies. You should smell the dumpster she puts the *** in.

STINK doesn't even begin to describe the smell!

@PissedConsumer1006396

This post is from a neighbor that does not like Rottweilers and has been a driving force behind the town

Holy cow..We just goggled the kennel again,as we purchased a put two years ago from Cindy and Larry. We followed through with the well vet check she required,and sent in the vet report for the neutering of our boy Diesel.

We have had pets before,but the contract required a basic dog training/obedience school, (we learned a lot that we didnt know about rottiy"s).

Diesel is now almost two and a half, and we have his his AKC papers, it took almost `18 weeks, but we purchased him as a pet, and had no intention to breed him, so that being said....Im kind of surprised at these previous posts, that are overly concerned about paperwork.

If you actually went to the kennel, and had seen all the beautiful dogs that were on site...and had gone there to meet the parents of your pup, you would have made your decisions right there and then.

I begin to wonder how many of these posts are actual customers of the kennel. We couldn't be happier with our Diesel, and have directed some of our friends that have considered rotty's as a family pet to them.

@PissedConsumer961386

I am the original poster of this complaint. My "pup", Zoe, just turned 3 on Wednesday.

You miss the entire issue here.

I had no plans to breed my girl either. In fact, she is fixed and one of the best dogs that I have ever had.

I did go and see the parents and my two young children picked out our pup.

I paid $1,200 in good faith for a Rottie pup. Cindy promised she would register my dog. It would have cost her $41 to register a litter of 8 pups.

Instead, she disappeared: refused to return calls and ignored my letters. I simply wanted my transaction to be complete. Three years later and still no papers.

What is the big deal with the papers? Next time you buy a car, let the dealer send your registration a few months late.

Maybe then you will understand.

Cindy (I cannot speak to Larry) is an irresponsible breeder and business owner.

If you still do not get it, then read the other complaints against her. It is NOT just paperwork for many others.

@PissedConsumer961386

Petlover would know. I live in the neighborhood.

I'm sorry for the problems you people have had. I have an 11 year old I purchased from her back in 2003 who has been the greatest dog, and we never had problem getting his papers that I can remember.

I was able to find updated contact information for her/ them today, and actually spoke with Larry (Cindys partner). There company name is now Country Side Rotties, still located in Hubbardston, Ma.

Phone number 978-375-****. Website http://www.countrysiderotties.com/how-to-find-us/

Best of luck to you all.

I can't speak to how promptly they deliver registration papers, but I purchased a puppy from this breeder 13 1/2 years ago.

He was the sweetest, most wonderful, loyal dog you could imagine.

He passed away two weeks ago, dying in my arms at home as I prepared to take him to the vet for his final visit.

@PissedConsumer858403

The post is not about the quality of the dog, but about the unprofessional business practices of the breeder. She takes your money and does not behave in a professional manner. YOU have more input in how "sweet" and lovable your dog will be than its breeding.

View more comments (28)
Darien, Connecticut

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article