Verified Reviewer

Poor quality

Rotmans Furniture - Poor quality
Poor quality furniture I bought a Ashley mcgann rocker recliner faux leather the seat is hard after you sit on it for awhile they will not refund your money this recliner is made out of partial board the original is made out of plywood poor choice on myself I should've kept looking at real furniture stores never again

User's recommendation: Look elsewhere if you can.

ID
Cons
  • Poor quality furniture
Preferred solution
Full refund

Awful experience

I went into the store, bought a $1,100 sectional couch, that was the second week in March, it's now going on the second week of May and I still don't have the couch, their service department is a joke, I can't get a hold of anyone.
Problem with delivery

Throwing Away Money

I spent almost $700 on a mattress and box spring and I have yet to use my box spring for more than a month without it shifting out of place. literally. I have been sleeping on just a mattress on the floor because the tops of these box springs just keeps sliding off to the side.. NOW, thanks to this RIDICULOUS issue, my mattress is also crap as it is curving at the sides. highly disappointed in my first ever big purchase. thanks rotmans

same problem here. i started my complaints not 2 months after i bought this set.

my first THREE boxsprings, the tops just kept shifting and ruining the mattress completely. my latest boxspring however didn't shift but was made so crappily that my 25lb two year old, who just started climbing, has made dips all over the boxspring. my first big purchase and the worse bed ive ever slept in.

2 store visits (about to be 3), 1 rotmans home visit, 4 phone calls, 2 emails and this comment. ive been waiting months, i just want my money back and all ROTMANS wants to do is give me the run around.

Bad quality

Short Review on May 29, 2016

Purchase a living room set this spring and couldn't of been more happy with the service and delivery. Would recommend them.
Charlton, Massachusetts
Good customer service

Rotmans Furniture - Couch Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Thanks for ur review. I had a similar disappointing experience. The merchandise I bought at rotmans wasn't worth the money i spent and I gave the furniture away because it was sagging badly. Office chair i paid $150 didnt roll well at all, couch that was "special ordered" and 8 weeks overdue has sagged in the 6 months ive had it and the mattress i got is less than a year old and one side is sagging so bad i cant lay on that side. Also when the mattress was delivered they couldn't get the box spring up the stairs to my 2nd floor apt csuse it was to big. I didnt kbow they had split bix springs. Did u? Well i was never offered the split box spring that they usually stock. The delivery guys told me it was the second box spring that wouldnt fit that day. So i had to sleep on my livingroom floor with my new mattress cause it was saturday and noone could help me till monday. They said they had none in stock on saturday. Funny on monday they one in stock and brought I right away. it has a warranty but i dont want it and will buy another one somewhere else. When i called with legit concerns, (i.e. late merchandise, etc) got the run around from the staff. Nobody took responsibility for the f ups but the main staff in Mr rotmans office. They tried sincerely to clean up everybody else's messy shortcomings. I WILL NEVER BUY AT ROTMANS AGAIN!!! It was a waste of $3,000. Couldn't be more disappointed in the service and merchandise. And to top it off there was a hint of homophobia when I was mattress shopping from the salesman. But his attitude was remedied when I made a mattress purchase. How very sad. With so many furniture stores competing for our business u think they would be nicer to the customer. Or at the very least not annoyed. I won't recommend rotmans to anyone. They told me at rotmans that sales were down. They blamed it on the economy....really?!!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Bad quality

Poor Quality Furniture

This past spring we purchased a dining table from Rotman’s furniture. It was delivered with some damages to the corner. I had just had a baby (1 week old) at the time, and decided that it wasn’t worth having them come out to replace it after calling and understanding that they could come take the table, but it would take weeks to get a replacement to us. 10 months later we couldn’t be more disappointed. The table is warped where a spill happened and the finish has come up in several areas. We have been exceedingly careful, having never even put hot dishes on the table without a trivet. I expect normal wear and tear, but this is ridiculous. Rotman’s refuses to take any responsibility and told us that negligence and improper use is to blame. There is nothing out of the ordinary in the way that we use the table. We were told by the “technician” who came out that we shouldn’t put water glasses on the table bc it’s wood. It’s a dining room table! The representative I spoke with offered no solutions and was not helpful. I will never give Rotman’s my business again. I feel they are selling very poor quality furniture.

I bought a leather living room set 7 years ago from Rotmans and it is so cracked all over I'm ashamed to have guests see it! I want someone from Rotmans to come take a look at it.

I purchased two bedroom sets. Within the two years it took to pay it off, my daughter's bed collapsed, my bureau broke during a move, and I'm writing this at 5am because MY bed collapsed as well.

Furniture is all made in Vietnam; take that as you will. THIS FURNITURE IS GARBAGE!!

View more comments (1)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Damaged or defective

Recliners are scratching our hardwood floors & leather wearing away

My husband and I purchased $4500.00 worth of living room furniture. Delivery date kept on changing, so when it finally came I was unable to be home. My 19 yr old daughter was available to be there with her boyfriend. Furniture was a match leather set and looked beautiful. When I got home everything looked fine. Approximately 8 months later, my girlfriend and I noticed (when we moved the furniture to clean our new hardwood floors in detail) that the mechanisms was scratching and gauging the floors. We also noticed that the most used seat's leather was already wearing away. I immediately called to put in a claim. We figured that the set's mechanisms were too low to the floors to begin with. The man who came said that we were not using the recliners correctly. Apparently, we are not suppose to lean forward at the same time to close up the recliner. What!!!!! I am a past bodybuilder and consider myself as pretty strong. I can not sit all of the way back and fold the foot pad back before leaning forward. It would require pretty strong hamstrings to do that. Why would they put the mechanisms so close to the floor to begin with. Also, the wore off leather is due to not applying some kind of leather conditioner kit that Rotman claims to have left with the delivery. WE NEVER RECEIVED A BLACK BOX WITH RECOMMENDED CONDITIONERS. When I talked to Gina Warren(claims manager) she said because there was a signature on the green carbon delivery sheet, it meant that I received it. That is a bunch of bull. She said that I should of read it! Well, if I were to read every word on every piece of literature I get, I would still be behind by years. I would figure that the service you receive during purchase would continue to be the same after paying. Unfortunately, after you pay, you are on your own. I thought I was doing well for addressing these issues early before things got worst. The claims man said that because I did purchase the worry free insurance, they would cover the worn off leather but unfortunately it is not worst enough yet. Something tells me that when it does get worst, they will fine some kind of reason not to cover that ,too.

Claims the entire value is a loss....what a toolbag! Just a mad *** who's over exaggerating....lol

This person is obviously a ***. Nothing else needs to be said.

View more comments (1)
Ware, Massachusetts
Loss

Rotman's leather sofa set

the furniture that I got from Rotman's sucks! I had only used it twice and looks 10 yrs old. one of their guys came to check the leather sofa and told me that unfortunally they do not use great materials in the inside and is nothing they can do .and said to go to another store to purchase the cushions..instead of rotmans be able to exchange it...im so dessapointed will be the frist and last time I purchase my furniture there 2400 dollars for the set?never again buying from them and for 4 months they haven't even mail a statement

Spent lot of money on mattress, foundation, bed and chest. Do you think the saleswomen would have told me I DID NOT NEED the foundation?

OF COURSE NOT, and then next day they said they could not take it back even though it had never been slept on!! The completed bed is soooo high, if I fell out of it I would surely break a hip. I will never shop there again.

Whoever said they are predators is correct.

I am telling everyone of my experience.

Worst store ever. I had the same problem with a mattress.

We called, they sent some *** named Paul over, and that was the end of it.

He look over the mattress with wth his GED in hand (just to make it official)and determined it was or fault.

Staff needs a little more trainig in customer appreciation. Go to Jordans.

I bought an expensive mattress there. It

was supposed to be during a 1 day only sale.

Two months later, the same kind was on sale for the same amount. Long day. Six months later it was like sleeping in a hot dog bun.

I threw it out. Predatory staff.

#220480

I wouldnt recommend them either!! I bought alot of $$ in furniture to have it ALL JUNK!

I almost want to just throw it out and buy all new stuff elsewhere(obviously). The customer service reps are rude and not very helpful.

Delivery can take forever, which they are not flexible with! The prices arent bad but you can get the same funiture at so many other store for the same if not less!

the leather furniture I got at Rotmas is *** too. I purchased the warranty and there's nothing I can do beCause I did not call within 5 days of noticing the defect!

I paid $2500 and waited 6 months for delivery of a hunk of junk!!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ROTMANS THEY WEASEL OUT OF ANY RESPONSIBILITY.

thanks for the info anther store off my list. :)

View more comments (5)
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article