Jasmen Msf

Buyer beware

Threats of legal action if you say anything negative. I flew in to pick up a pup, and the urine smell terrible. Parent had a cateract which owner denied. Pup had never seen a vet, no state health cert. Promised health testing records, but breeder said they were all stored in the truck that wasn't on site. Research BBB on this before you send any deposits.

Preferred solution: nothing

Joan D Ooa

Verified Reviewer

Vet put down dog TODAY days after getting

I will give the SHORT version. Picked up dog on Sunday before Memorial Day, owner had no records 'available'; offered to email. Had Vet appointment 3days later for physical to get Pet Care. Vet explained dog had not been spayed, had uterine+breast cancer, ALL TEETH were rotted + gums and jaw infected. Cannot be sedated due to condition,so no care/surgery for this precious ANGEL Sad

Preferred solution: They need to provide better care to the dogs

User's recommendation: PLEASE DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE

map-marker Birmingham, Alabama

Save yourself the heartache

I love my dog that I got from Rockhaven to death, but thats why Im writing this review. We got our puppy in 2015 and was told he did not have any problems. Well, turns out he has multiple genetic defects, one being a severe genetic spinal defect, that have taken years off of his life. Plenty of these issues started around the time that we got him, when he was only about 10 weeks old. He has ended up in the vets office and the emergency vet multiple times because of these genetic defects, which make him more prone to severe injuries and have given him mobility issues. We love him, though, and have spent the thousands of dollars in vet bills for him. However, if anything else happens to him, any veterinarian refuses to do surgery on him because of how many (totally preventable) issues he has, which make nearly any type of surgery fatal for him. My dog will not be able to live his full life because of the issues that have been passed down onto him and he is only 7 years old. Please save yourself the heartache and find a more reputable breeder or adopt.
Guest

I’m so sorry to hear this, we had a very similar experience and I’m just now seeing this review. Our dog from her was our only baby & had multiple bone issues, we spent thousands on multiple breaks and went to 3 different emergency vets, had a plate put it and ultimately ended up breaking his pelvic bone & was unable to go to the bathroom.

Heartbreakingly we had to put him down (recommended by the vet specialist) at 9 years old.

The vet said he had a genetic bone disorder that he’d struggled with for years. My parents also had 2 dogs from her that died unexpectedly all 3 dogs we had from her had major issues and died before age 10.

map-marker Kennesaw, Georgia

Unethical puppy mill

We were fooled by this breeder. She sold us a severely ill and blind puppy. He also has temperament issues. Most cockers love people. This dog is fearful of everything and everyone. Do not buy a dog from this woman who claims to love her puppies. This puppy mill needs to be closed for the sake of these animals and the families who unknowingly take on such health and temperament challenged dogs.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Beware- Do NOT buy from this mill.

map-marker Alpharetta, Georgia

Great experience

RockHeaven Cockers - Great experience
We purchased a female buff Coker from Tammy in 2014. Our dog has been amazing - smart as a whip from day 1. Tammy was and continues to be invested in our experience and life with our fur baby. We would buy from Tammy again.

User's recommendation: Pure bred. Smart.

To save a family from heart ache

Tammy sold us a puppy with severe defects. She lied and said his eyes were just a mutation but our puppy is blind. As a result he is fearful and scared of everything. He has bitten several people. Our veterinarian told us this is a bad dog. And he was only 8 weeks old then! DO NOT buy a puppy from this puppy mill. She will tell you what you want to hear but shes not an honorable person.

Follow up on Rockhaven Cockers!!

May 2019!!! I am the original poster of the first complaint on Mrs Tammy Baker about the little Merle I purchased from her in February of 2013! Fast forward! He is 6 years old completely blind, has been receiving chemotherapy for one year at University of Georgia since September of 2018! Has been under the care of The University of Georgia for Cataracts and complete blindness since one year old and surgery was not an option!!! If any of you would like to speak with his medical team please feel free Call Dr Victoria Pentlarge eye specialist And UGA Dermatology they will gladly speak with you all! Also the Merle gene is not recognized! It is a mishap!!! However I love my little guy or else I would not be spending thousands of dollars a month for his care!!! You all should be on your knees thanking God that you have healthy babies and I will pray that God opens your eyes because he has opened mine!!! Because she is a backyard breeder!! I mean come on when I was there my baby’s daddy was down in his hip and she said oh he hurt it during breeding!!! Really well poor Sarge died at a very young age!!! I think my baby was a product of a bad offspring, Sarge and he produced some poor puppies in his bloodline!!!!!
Guest

We bought a Merle from Tammy in January 2012. Your experience is the same as ours.

Our dog was an offspring of Sarge and is completely blind. And he is scared of everything because he can’t see.

Tammy is not a reputable breeder!!! Beware of this puppy mill!

map-marker Garner, North Carolina

Rockhaven Cockers

RockHeaven Cockers - Rockhaven Cockers
My experience was the opposite. We did not use the airlines but instead flew ourselves to pick up our puppy in 2009. He was perfect in every way, is healthy and happy and the joy of our lives. He is a blue Merle and has so far had no health issues. He still is a happy little scamp who loves to play with his and chase his throw toys (7 years old). I am sorry the lady had a problem, the fecal matter I would think, would be normal on a non house trained puppy subjected to an airline flight. I found the bakers delightful to deal with. Their home was nice and clean as were the puppies and dogs I saw.
Pros:
  • Would use them again
Reason of review:
Good customer service
map-marker North Augusta, South Carolina

I also received deformed puppy 2/06/2013

Had placed deposit on puppy from Sarge ( Major ) and Jerseys liter, a little boy. Husband and I went to see him at 5 wks everything fine, met Tammy would be returning in a week or so to pick little guy up. Received call from Tammy a few days later stating my dog had to be rushed to vet in middle of night with distended abdomen, he died from what her vet thought was a kidney stone. She said we could have another dog from same liter so we picked a blue Merle boy and she assured us there would be no health problems. When we picked him up we noticed his eyes were completely blue, the whole eye, questioned her and she said that was from the Merle gene. Needless to say they were congenital cataracts and my little guy has b een blind since two years old because of them. My vet sent him to a specialist Dr. Victoria Pentlarge and any of you can check with her if you would like!!!! He has been under her care since he was a yr old. Tammy was notified of this when my little boy was first found by my vet to have a cataract and she undermined my vet and said "it can't be it has to be an eye infection." Well let me tell you, my vet has been in practice for 40 yrs and obviously she or her vet can't detect congenital cataracts and when a puppy can't urinate. Any of you who don't believe this , I listed my doctors name google her give her a call and ask her staff about Corey the Cocker!!! I love my dog and I know God has entrusted him into my care and I will love him and give him the best of care until he calls either of us home! This lady needs to step up and be the Christian she professes and do right by these dogs! Also she sold every dog from this liter also!
Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Guest

We experienced the same thing! Tammy lied to us and said the blue eyes were the Merle gene, when they are actually cataracts.

Our dog had been blind his whole life.

Tammy continuing to breed cockers is a travesty! She needs to be investigated.

Guest

We purchased a Cocker Spaniel from Tammy as well. It was a blue Merle and she gave us the same lie.

Our dog is blind and fearful. He is only 3 years old. We purchased him from Tammy at 5 weeks old. Way to early for her to sell a dog.

But glad we did because the rest of the liter perished in the cold spell 2 weeks later.

Do not buy a dog from Rockhaven cockers. You are buying from a disreputable breeder.

Guest

please send me your name - I have a similar experience. sandy@***.com

View more comments (2)
Luismiguel Ets
map-marker Lagrange, Georgia

Shipped a Deform Puppy

Updated by user May 06, 2013

Like always Did noting about the poor puppy and was clearly notified. By vet and phone calls and us postal.

The worst!!!!! Never get a cocker out of her Tammy Baker lines.

Original review Apr 05, 2013
Purchase a puppy from Tammy Baker At RockHaven's Cockers And Grooming Facilities. She ship me a deform puppy cover with fecal and in a kitten crate paid for a 200 crate blamed airline they said didn't change crate she did. All this she knew all along. She wanted me to ship puppy back. But ask for me to pay for return shipping and would replace puppy for another one when she would have one available. But I would need to pay for a retuning Flight for my new puppy again to me, so it would be in total for me to pay addition 850.00 on the cost. I already paid out for puppy 1,000.00 for puppy. I had a health guarantee for 1 year for congenital defect from her. Which I sent her letters and papers clearly stating to her from my vet was defected called Persistent Penile Frenulum, And his prepuce was not attached He couldn't *** it meant. All information was in writing sent to Mrs. Baker and she agree to give me back my money? But till this day and after being wrote up From the Dept. of Agriculture. She never did any thing to make this right but lie. This lady is apiece of work try's to blame everyone for something she knew and did her self. And her health guarantee is no good. Now the dog died less then a year old. Because could not *** right infection kept coming back. I would never purchase a puppy from these people And never get a puppy out of these lines Because she breeds genes problems Camic's liL Tommy Tucker Sire, Rockhaven's Pretty Please Pixie Dam. Their was more deform puppies in this litter. Sold them too!
Loss:
Guest

I have also purchased multiple cockers from Tammy and I do not believe for one minute that she would sell anyone a defective dog. I have visited her home several times.

Her dogs are cared for as if they are her children and she is extremely careful to keep her bloodlines strong and her dogs healthy. You won't find a more ethical breeder than Tammie.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1100326

Tammy is a trouble breeder you too someday will see how Awful her dogs are and I like to add Tammy her self wrote these reviews

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1100326

PEOPLE WHO ARE DOG LOVERS AND PAY A BIG PRICE FOR THEIR BELOVED NEW FAMILY MEMBET DO NOT LIE WHEN THEY TELL OF A BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE. SOME PEOPlE GET LUCKY......MANY DON’T.

IT FRUSTRATES ME WHEN I SEE SOMEONE DEFENDS A BREEDER MANY, MANY PEOPLE SAY IS NOT REPUTABLE! WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO GAIN....NOTHING!!!

Guest

My name is Michelle Guidry. I also have purchased several cockers from Tammie.

She is one of the sweetest, kindest, honest people that I know. She would never do what this person is accusing her of. I am confident that her personal ethics would compel her to do the right thing. Which it sounds like that's exactly what she attempted to do.

Please do not fault her for the ignorance of one person who obviously would not have been happy with any actions that Tammie would have taken. It sounds like to me that this person just wanted their 15 minutes of fame via internet bashing Tammie. Some people get their kicks that way! Shame on you!

You can't help those who won't help themselves!

I would most definitely buy from Tammie again and I encourage others to do the same. You won't be disappointed.

Guest

I, too, have purchased more than one Cocker Spaniel from Tammie Baker at Rockhaven Cockers. They are wonderful companions and have never had any health issues. I was shocked by this post and knew it had to be a bunch of nonsense.

Guest

I bought a puppy six years ago. He is perfect in every way and was very intelligent and easy to train.

He is a blue merle and is a beauty to behold. I get so many compliments when I have him in public. We picked him up ourselves and I was pleased to see such a happy family raising nice puppies. I would not hesitate to buy another puppy and am constantly looking at their site to see what is available.

I am sorry someone had an issue with a puppy and with the shipping. There are things that can go wrong when you ship via airlines.

A breeder I know in my area uses a ground shipping company for all of her puppies and although it might cost more, she, the puppies and the customer are happy. I am sure this incident is not the norm.

Guest

I happen to come across this posting as I was surfing the net and had a difficult time believing this post because I personally have purchased three American Cocker Spaniel puppies (One male and two females) from Tammie Baker at Rockhaven Cockers during the past 18 months none of which had any health or genetic issues. I decided to do some research associated with the condition mentioned in this post (Persistence of penile frenulum) and also called the breeder to get the facts and her side of the story.

As a rebuttal to this post I’m going to deal in facts which will speak for themselves and then offer my personal conclusions:

1. Persistent Penile Frenulum – This is a condition that can occur in male dogs and bulls and is “the persistence of a naturally occurring band of connective tissue, which in the fetus and postnatally, fuses the epithelial surface of the male reproductive organ [tissue specialized to form the covering or lining of all internal and external body surfaces] and prepuce [skin surrounding and protecting the head of the male reproductive organ]. Separation usually occurs in four to nine months after birth. In the author’s experience separation normally occurs in dogs earlier than in bulls”.

The researchers concluded that this condition which may be present even at the approach of sexual maturity is hormonal in origin and NOT a genetic defect!

2. Requirements for Shipping a Puppy with an Airline – There are specific requirements for shipping a puppy with an airline as follows:

a. The puppy must get a full physical from a veterinarian that certifies the puppy to be healthy and able to be shipped by the airline. Without such certification the airline will not ship the puppy.

a. The puppy was certified as being healthy for a pet but not approved or certified for breeding.

b. A puppy can only be shipped in an airline approved crate which in this case was a Series 200 crate. If the crate did not meet airline standards the breeder would be required to purchase a crate directly from the carrier.

c. Once turned over to Delta Airlines in Atlanta the breeder had no control over the condition of the puppy as it arrived at its final destination (in this case Michigan).

a. Delta Airlines would never accept a puppy for shipment if it were covered in dog ***.

d. Cost of shipping a puppy is at the expense of the purchaser and is told that up front.

3. The owner had the puppy examined by her veterinarian in Michigan who diagnosed the eight week old puppy to have Persistent Penile Frenulum which as explained above is not that uncommon and is not considered to be a genetic defect.

4. Upon that diagnosis the owner contacted the breeder and wanted a full refund. The breeder told the owner that she would be happy to replace the chocolate male puppy with one from a future litter if she shipped the puppy back to Atlanta at the owner’s expense.

a. All shipping charges are at the owners expense.

5. The owner informed the breeder during numerous conversations that she was going to have the puppy operated on to correct the Persistent Penile Frenulum condition as recommended by her local veterinarian.

6. The owner indicated to the breeder that after the surgery the puppy contracted numerous infections and informed the breeder in December 2012 that she had the puppy put down.

7. The owner filed a complaint with the Georgia Department of Agriculture who sent an investigator to speak with the local veterinarian who certified the puppy and also spoke with the breeder as part of their investigation. The Department of Agriculture informed the owner that the case was closed and classified as a nonsense complaint.

8. After the owner’s complaint and assertions the breeder called everyone who purchased a puppy from that same litter to determine if they encountered any health issues with their puppies. There were no health issues with any of the puppies from the same litter.

9. The owner posting this complaint NEVER provided any kind of documentation from her veterinarian as to the puppy’s condition and ultimate decision to have the puppy put down.

Conclusion:

A. A healthy chocolate male puppy was shipped to the owner in an airline certified Series 200 shipping crate and had been bathed and groomed prior to shipment.

B. The puppy may have defecated in his crate during shipping and gotten fecal matter on his fur which is not that unusual for a frightened puppy in flight.

C. Once diagnosed with Persistent Penile Frenulum, a relatively common condition that does not affect pet health, the breeder was willing to take the puppy back and replace him with one from a future litter if the owner would ship the puppy back which she refused to do.

D. The breeder did NOT ship a deformed puppy as alleged.

E. If the puppy could not void properly due to Persistent Penile Frenulum he would have died long before reaching eight weeks of age.

F. As documented in the Canadian study mentioned above a number of male dogs were 6-8 years old with the Persistent Penile Frenulum condition so we can safely assume that the condition does NOT cause infections or death.

G. The breeder would have preferred to get the puppy back and would have placed him in a loving home.

H. The breeder has no documents or records from the veterinarian in Michigan explaining why the puppy had so many alleged infections and why the owner decided to put the puppy down.

I. The owner has made slanderous statements and is trying to ruin the reputation of a good breeder with positive testimonial after testimonial at her website.

One of the problems with Internet postings is that people can post anything and nothing is ever fact checked to see if the information in the post is true or not. Because of that and my personal experience with Tammie Baker I felt compelled to reply to this inaccurate and slanderous post.

If you are reading my response, ask yourself this question – how can this disgruntled owner make an assertion, “there was more deform puppies in this litter” when she never ever set foot on the Rockhaven Cockers facility unlike myself who has been at that kennel numerous times? Furthermore, I personally have the puppy in question’s sister out of that litter and there is absolutely nothing wrong with her!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-675648

I agree this review is hard to believe. I purchased a puppy from Tammy and was healthy and she was wonderful. Would not hesitate to buy fron her again

View more comments (7)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article