Roadhouse Cinema - Scottsdale - non-responsive.

July 8, 2018 I have raved about this place to my family...and finally able to haul over to Scottsdale for an anniversary treat. The pros - nice and airy restaurant. Like the last two visits...spick and span. Very neat and clean both in the restaurant and the theatre. The seats very comfortable. It was nice to not have the sound blasted and the movie was clear. The cons - it took quite some time for someone to come and get our drink order. Our waitress Kate, told us she would be back to get our order. So...we waited, and waited, and waited. Finally began to turn off and on the service button. And the lights go down...and we miss the first few minutes of the movie because she decides to come at that time to finally take our order. She's pleasant...but I still don't really want to carry on a conversation at the beginning of a movie. So...we'll rent it and see what the heck the beginning was. So...we wait and wait and wait and 22 minutes later (after waiting for 17 minutes to place our order), I go down to see where our Nachos are. Our waitress responds "you haven't gotten anything?"... Nope...nada...and shared this is really bad customer service. She goes in...I wait...and she comes out saying it's being plated. I inform her I want the nachos off the order. All food comes out at once. We didn't eat the darned nachos. My husband's burger - B+ (per Roadhouse the meat temp can't be varied), my chicken sandwich B- (soggy bun and somewhat tasteless) and my daughter's sandwich a A-. Margarita A+. The bill comes - nachos on. Movie ends...and the manager decides to give me a lecture about how I'm wrong. First "it was 22 minutes from order to delivery"...he didn't count how long it took for the order to be taken and my need to come check. Second he tells me we didn't ask for the nachos to come out ahead. I did. Normally who cares. But he was so amazingly rude and condescending he rung my bell. It escalated from there. He passive-aggressively had to check to make sure we hadn't eaten any of the nachos and made us wait more. He ensured I realized he was doing me a huge favor. He told me I was aggressive with his staff - nope...just more and more assertive with him. He threatened to call the police when I told him to hurry up. This is my 3rd time there - first 2 times awesome. Being lectured and spoken down to...this will be my last. A simple apology and we would have been back. They've lost this family's business. As of 7/20/18 - on Facebook, I messaged Roadhouse on 7/13/18...the message was seen today at 1:17 pm with no response. I've messaged the Tucson site to see if there is a response from them.
ID
Scottsdale, Arizona
Cons
  • Rude manager
  • No silverware
  • Missing part of movie to place order
Reason of review
Extreme redness by Site Manager
Loss
Preferred solution
If they want our business in the future, free meals with better customer service and an apology from the manager to me and my 12 yo daughter.

Resolved: TERRIBLE Customer service. Stealing money!

Update by user Jun 07, 2017

Owner called and gave back our money and fixed it. Was very nice.

Original review posted by user Jun 05, 2017
TERRIBLE customer service! They stole our money! I tried to cancel the tickets we ordered for tomorrow night. The guy on the phone said no they cannot give the money back unless we drive all the way down there and go an hour before the movie. ! If I could do that then I would be going to the movie! PLUS I live on the other side of town. I have been to Ipic theaters in the Scottsdale Quarter and they are so much better! Then the guy on the phone put me on hold for 15 minutes, then I called back and asked for a manager and was on hold again. The 3rd time he answered and I asked for a manager and he said "wrong call" and hung up. I called again and the woman who this time answered giggled and said she was a manager! ? Doubt that but she would n't help either. This Theater is awful! I will never go there they will steal money from you!
Resolved
ID
Scottsdale, Arizona
Cons
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

About

Roadhouse Cinemas FAQ
Roadhouse Cinemas (RHC) combines first-run movies, alternate and family programming, with in-theater dining from a made-from-scratch menu and full-service bar. At the push of a button, place The User's order with an RHC team member directly from The Customer's seat and have The Client's food and beverages delivered before and during the show. RHC offers reserved seating. Enjoying RHC is easy. Purchase tickets online or at the theater (PLEASE remember to bring the credit card The User of Website purchased the ticket online to the theatre. The User of company services need it to swipe at the kiosk or box office to retrieve The Customer's tickets). The Company encourage guests to arrive 30 minutes prior to show time. If seating hasn't begun for The Customer's movie, please enjoy a cocktail or non-alcoholic beverage from Company's lobby bar. Once seated, service is available by pushing The User's Service Button, conveniently located at every seat.
To read more: https://roadhousecinemas.com/faq/
Roadhouse Cinemas Pros and Cons

Cons: Rude manager, No silverware, Missing part of movie to place order, Missing part of movie to go find where the food was, Customer service

Summary

Roadhouse Cinemas, LLC is a locally-owned and operated dine-in movie theatre. The company was founded in January 2014. Its headquarters is based in Tucson, Arizona, United States. There is one more location in Scottsdale (AZ). Roadhouse Cinemas combines first-run movies with in-theatre dining. It offers a restaurant menu, full bar, comfortable recliners, digital projection, and 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound. Tickets can be purchased online or at the box office. 18 years old and up are welcome anytime, no children under 6 years are allowed. Roadhouse Cinemas accepts most major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Clients can also pay by cash. Roadhouse Cinemas is a non-smoking establishment.

Roadhouse Cinemas reviews and complaints

Roadhouse Cinemas is ranked 3 out of 178 in Cinemas and Theaters category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article