BEWARE OF HOTEL RIU & RENOVA SPA

BEWARE-BEWARE-BEWARE-BEWARE. My wife and I stayed at the RIU SANTA FE in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico during the 4th of July weekend of 2010. On July 5, 2010 we decided to both get couples massages in the RENOVA SPA on the grounds of the hotel. We checked in at the front desk, received our locker keys and proceeded to the locker rooms to change. At the time I was wearing my $10,000 Rolex that my father had left me when he passed away a few years back. I really didn't think much of it since I did have a key to a locker that was secure and safe…WRONG! I changed into my robe and left my watch in the locker. Before I walked away, I checked the locker one more time to make sure that it was locked since that meant so much to me. After the massage, I returned to the locker and realized that it was unlocked with no visible damage to the locker. I immediately went to the front desk to get a manager. She informed me that I had to be mistaken. There were only supposed to be 2 keys that unlocked each locker; one for me and one in the general manager's vault on the property next door. I knew something was wrong so I tried to open other lockers with my key and discovered that my key unlocked the locker next to mine. The apologies started flowing after I brought this to her attention. She then asked me if I was certain that I was wearing it when I arrived at the spa. I noticed a security camera when we originally arrived so I asked her if it was recording. She told me that it records all day every day and proceeded to back room to check it out. She came back a few minutes later and told me that the camera was "down" during the time that my wife and I were getting massages! At this point I am furious because I realize that it was totally an "inside job". I gained my composure and made an announcement to everyone explaining the sentimental value of the watch and offered a cash reward of $3,000 to whoever brought it back to me-NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I filed a police report and have followed up with the hotel and spa every few weeks but no one has seen anything. I was recently informed via email that the insurance company would not reimburse me for the watch and that the spa was not responsible. HOW CONVENIENT!! They couldn't even call me and talk to me over the phone about it! Who knows how many people were involved? Please do not trust anyone at any of the RENOVA SPA locations or any of the HOTEL RIU properties because if they employ people like this, no one is safe. Who knows how many people that this has happened too?

Who takes a Rolex to Mexico? really!

It is also pretty much standard around the world that you are responsible for your own belongings.

I had a horrible experience there too! We got kicked out 2 days into our stay on new years day 2014.

No refund and also management said if I wasn't there my boyfriend wouldn't even be allowed to get his belongings. HORRIBLE PALCE!!!!!!!

I recently had a massage and the therapist left a goose egg in my neck. I had to have an immediate massage to help fix the problem when I returned. Do not go here!

WE had similar issues at this hotel...AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

View more comments (3)
ID
#209568 Review #209568 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Monette, Arkansas

About

Renova Spa FAQ
As Renova Spa know that having everything planned for The Customer's wedding trip is very important, The Company have created a special form where The Customer can book the spa and salon appointments The Client need, obtaining the special wedding discount The Client's resort has offered as part of The User's wedding package. Note: Renova Spa do not take reservations with more than 6 month prior to The Client's wedding date. STEP 2 - Make The Client's choice of services. Note: the reservations form is only a request for reservations - no reservations will be confirmed until the full process is finished and The Client of Renova Spa obtain a confirming voucher. STEP 3 - Wedding Concierge contact. STEP 4 - Confirm The User's reservations. Note: no reservation is confirmed without a voucher. In most of Renova Spa's' hotels, renovaspa.com are limited to maximum of two beauty services at the same time. The Customer are welcome to enjoy Company's hydrotherapy services while waiting for The User's turn.
To read more: https://renovaspa.com/faq
Summary

Renova Spa is a collection of unique SPA salons that are located all over the world. Renova Spa has more than 25 locations in 6 countries (Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Spain, Jamaica, Mexico, Costa Rica etc.). The list of services provided at Renova Spa includes facial treatments, body treatments, beauty salon services, massages and special treatments and many more. If you are longing to feel relieved and relaxed, Renova Spa is one of the best places to choose. Renova Spa is one of the most well-known SPA salons in the world. Millions of people in many countries have already made sure it’s really worth visiting.

Renova Spa reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article