Resolved: RIP OFF .... DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!!

Update by user Jun 06, 2016

All is good, Chris called and refunded my money immediately, said there was a glitch and he thought he had already down it. He was very professional and handled this perfectly.

Original review posted by user Jun 06, 2016
Chris said he could fix my Mac, when after 5 weeks he was unable to fix it I took it back, and he promised to refund the $200.00 I had paid him. He said several times that he had refunded my money and he didn't. He even lied to my credit card company and said this was a valid transaction. He guarantees his work according to his website, but then when he was unable to repair my computer, he still thought I owed him $200. He also doesn't return phone calls on a timely basis, and says your computer should be done on a certain day and it isn't. BEWARE!!!!!!
Resolved
Preferred solution
Full refund

Reliant Cell Phone repair

Update by user Apr 05, 2016

After all the problems I had with this guy, I picked my cell phone up a week and a half ago. The Battery was dead,so could not check it while at the repair shop,so I took it home, plugged it in.

About an Hour later, I went into the kitchen to check on the charge,picked up the cell phone and it fell apart in my hands.

The next day I took it in to the shop, told the girl in the front of the store what had happened, she called the owner on the phone, we talked, I explained what had happened that the phone fell apart and t still was not reading the sim card(*which was he original reason for bringing it in in the first place). He told her to call the repair shop in Lakeland, we chatted with the repairman there,who promised to make the needed repairs,but said, when it first came in, no one told him he was even supposed to look at the sim card.

Two days go by and I figure it should be fixed by now, so I stop in to the store, and when i get there, there is a sign in the door saying we are closed for the rest of the day, and the door is locked.Its not a holiday and the sign gives no reason for this closure so I walk away. I come back the next day, same sign, same door locked, no explanation I leave again. I arrive the next day and same thing(now I am thinking he might have gone out of business and kept my phone).

I jot the number down on the closed sign. I walk home,but its Friday afternoon and I don't call the number. Monday arrives, I walk back to the store it is still closed, so when my son gets home from work, I borrow his phone and call the number. The owner answers the phone and I inquire as to why he has been closed.

He him haws around a bit, say we were closed Friday but that was the only day, and I said bull ***, I went there Wednesday ,Thursday, and Friday and you were closed each day, he turns and asks his wife if they were closed Wednesday*as if he didn't already know this* she said yes, he tells me she leaves early on Wednesday(but I was there around 11:00 or 12:00 when I discovered it closed. So now he starts saying , like ya, I got to get that sim card fixed(at this point I lost it) I began yelling , you have had my phone a week and a half and the sim card is still not fixed?? whats going on guy? you had my phone for a total of a month now and you still can't fix it?

you cost me $750.00 because you have had my phone for a month now, and the VA has been trying to call and can't reach me so they had to write me a letter . At this point, he hangs up on me.

I repeat, if you have a cell phone that needs repair, there has to be other, much better places to have it repaired, please save yourself a ton of heart ache, and take it elsewhere, not to this guy, I even asked 2 guys on Friday(who happened to be standing outside next door talking) do you know this guy?

he has my cell phone and he is closed , why is he closed.Neither guy had a clear answer, but one guy said something about his wife having a baby or something( which isn't true cause she is the girl in the front of the store I been talking to and she was not pregnant).So the one guy , after I told them my story , said , Yah, he is a bull ***!!!!! It appears the word is well known (at least in that small shopping center) that this guy is not very trustworthy , and does not put customers first priority ...

Original review posted by user Mar 29, 2016
Went to a Company called Reliant. They repair many electronics such as cell phones , and computers. My cell had just been repaired by another company, but they did not have the equipment to repair my sim card tray,and I could not make phone calls cause the phone would not read the sim card. so I go in, the owner isn't there, but the secretary calls him , puts him on speaker phone and we talk. He tells me he can fix the cell phone, he has the parts in his warehouse an hour away. once the girl asks for the cell phone, I discover the front and rear glass is also broken and he tells me no problem we can fix it. 2 days goes by and I go in to check on the phone. he tells me this is a tough phone to locate parts which seemed a bit strange ,since he had told me the parts were in his warehouse. I give him 2 more days to fix it and return , only to be told parts should be in today, so I give him ,yet, another 2 days. Upon arriving, I'm told he had to order parts separately and the part(second part) should be in today. Now I go in again 2 days later, and he tells his secretary over speaker phone he is waiting on parts which should be in today, and she says so it will be about 2 or 3 days till it is ready? he says no, it will be ready tomorrow,(this is on a Monday) I walk in on Tuesday and he is there, and before I can say a word, he says we are still waiting on it , its at my Lakeland repair shop.I give him 2 more days walk in and his secretary tells me the repairman broke the glass while putting it back together and they will need to order parts from California. At this point, I am quite upset as it has been nearly 2 weeks for my phone, I can't make needed calls which is costing me money, and I just want my phone fixed and returned. I wait till Monday(day after Easter) and go back in, finally , the phone is done, she hands it to me , and the battery is dead , so I cannot test it, and a dead battery tells me they might not have tested it them selves. I take it home, put it on the kitchen counter, plug it in, an hour later I pick it up to check the charge level, and the back falls off. My son comes home, turns the phone on and finds it won't make calls cause its still not reading the sim card, which is one of the main reasons I took it in for repair in the first place. 2 weeks and my phone was not repaired, cost me more than $150.00 .Please do not use Reliant Computer Services on 6320 Cypress Gardens Blvd, in Winter Haven Florida,they obviously have other shops , at least 1 in Lakeland Florida , and maybe 1 in Orlando as well.
ID
Winter Haven, Florida
Reason of review
poor customer service, bad repair job, and took more than 2 weeks when I was told in the beginning he had parts on hand in his warehouse.
Loss

About

Top Reliant Computer Services Services

Computer Repair

Summary

Reliant Computer Services, LLC is a privately owned company which offers computer services. The company was founded by Tom Sparandera in 2001. Its headquarters is based in Hackettstown, New Jersey, United States. The company serves North Western New Jersey area. Reliant Computer Services, LLC offers the following services: tablet installation, operating system installation, operating system upgrade, preventive maintenance, and data recovery. Pickup and return services are free. An appointment can be scheduled by phone and email. Estimate is provided free of charge. The company accepts payment on an hour basis. There are $25 off coupons for all services. Reliant Computer Services, LLC accepts cash.

Reliant Computer Services reviews and complaints

Reliant Computer Services is ranked 148 out of 1738 in Service Centers and Repairs category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article