Andy B Rqf

AVOID SCAM RELAY FINANCIAL

My two Relay Financial accounts were closed for no reason. I want to warn potential business owners about this bank.

Relay Financial Bank is not a bank. They do not have customer support let alone anyone that can assist with any problem that occurs. On Nov 13 we had a bounced check from a customer in our AKB Family account. We explained and gave them proof of what happened.

Our account was reactivated on Nov 16 by rep Toby Baker. I signed in twic after then. But on Nov 24th I had trouble logging in. I tried logging in after 5pm EST and tried calling support for help.

There hours are 9-5pm EST. I called the next day and they stated it would have to be escalated to fix the login issue. The error message I got was I tried logging in too many times. The login is automatically saved to my laptop and the password is already saved.

I tried logging in twice and I was told to call in since I could not set my password myself. Since then I have waited and called in for weeks to find out whats going in my account. It is very difficult to get anyone on the phone at this supposed bank. Finally I got a helpful woman on Dec 19.

She apologized and stated this would be escalated. The next day I got an email stating my account was closed. No reasons as to why. So I called again and they said they would try and get someone to help.

Today Dec 21 we are still expecting a deposit from our vendor Holman Partner connect who has paid us since Dec 19. Only to find out our second account was closed. This company is not a bank. They are posing as a bank.Today is Dec 21 and our deposit has been blocked which will delay time in paying our workers right before Christmas.

I have 3 transactions that I have disputed on my second account. I had to dispute it with Visa because this company is not a bank. I do not know what they are. But a scam.

Avoid. I have to call from different phone numbers to get to customer service. My bank number on file which is my number has been blocked. How is the bank??

When I cannot call in for my balance. AVOID This fake bank.

They are owned by Thread Bank who has no clue how horrible this bank is. AVOID at all cost!!!

Cons:
  • Lying customer service
  • Forget about ach or a wire you will have problems
  • Everything is difficult to use

User's recommendation: AVOID

Andy B Gno

Horrible Service

Relay Financial Bank is not a bank. They do not have customer support let alone anyone that can assist with any problem that occurs. On Nov 13 we had a bounced check from a customer in our account. We explained and gave them proof of what happened.

But a scam. Avoid.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible service
  • Hard to send money
  • Closes at 5pm

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: AVOID this is not a bank

TFP C

Lost Wire for 5000

Updated by user Oct 20, 2023

I still do not have my wire it’s still missing

Updated by user Oct 20, 2023

I still do not have my wire it’s still missing

Original review Oct 05, 2023
It is now 9 days since a wire was sent to me for 5000 and Relay bank cannot tell me where it is. When a wire is sent to you it is though their partner bank thread bank whose name I can only assume is based on the fact that your wires will be lost like a thread on a beach if you use them.

I am only giving two stars because every time I call I literally speak to the nicest customer service reps who tells me nicely they are trying to find it.

Now the funds have left the senders account so its not lost its lost within their bank. I would say for normal put your money in an Online bank yes for any thing that you will wire on a regular basis then no no no no no
Loss:
Pros:
  • Pleasant people when you call
Cons:
  • Can lose a wire

Preferred solution: FIND MY MONEY

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS BANK

Lisa P Kbg

Verified Reviewer

No Stars, Relay is the WORST Bank Ever!!!

No Stars, Relay Bank is the WORST Bank Ever!!! They will not respond to me and give me any information regarding my CLOSED Account, nor will they return my money to me that they have now been holding for over 2.5 months (over $49K).
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Will not communicate or give me my money back

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS BANK AT ALL

Dortinia S
map-marker Birmingham, Alabama

Checking account

Trying to open up an account online and Im having problems open it. I needed to reset my password and I ordered a card and have not received it yet.
Ian W Ozl

Trash company

They only approve companies for bank accounts that are already established money makers with a long history. They will deny you if you are a startup new company etc. Amazing considering this is a simple bank account lol NOT a line of credit. They think they invented the world's first business bank account and must protect it at all costs!!!

Preferred solution: Don't care I'm over it

map-marker Dalton, Georgia

Company held business funds for over 60days

I hate this company, I will never recommend them to anyone nor use them ever again terrible terrible terrible service. Lousy service representative horrible app they can really stop getting over us small business owner and do better I almost went out of business because of them holding my funds never again

Babyboy Hlf

Good info, very narcissitic customer service with Relay, we submitted all of our newly formed business documentation on a Monday, called Relay a few days later to follow-up and c/s rep Kevin picked-up , didn't say anything until I said hi, and I could barely hear him with an attitude. When he fixed his mic I said wow what a difference, he said stop yelling at me and hung-up.

Called him back and asked him about account, he said it was held up because of proof of our residential address had not been provided.

I informed him that for three reasons we preferred to use a secure mailing address (Po Box) if the "residential" address is where the bank cards are sent, he said yes but we had no choice, so we submittied our utility bills and thrre days later account is rejected. No reason provided.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article