map-marker Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am dissatisfied with their poor customer service and attitude

We came to Regional Homes of Bonifay to purchase a Deer Valley home after experiencing some shady sales tactics from another retailer closer to where we live. We were an easy sell, we came in knowing what we wanted and we were ready to buy.

Our customizations were itemized and we were promised a front porch addition to be completed by a sub-contractor arranged through Regional Homes of Bonifay. All seemed like it was well, the communication was adequate and things were progressing. The house was set, and we awaited inspection for certificate of occupancy. Heres when the service deteriorated :We failed because the inspector couldnt find the housing documents that were under the kitchen sink (had I known I would have set them out right on the damn counter).

It may be helpful to give your customers a checklist of items that the inspector is looking for certificate of occupancy.Our porch was never built through a Regional Homes sub-contractor. We were given a rickety-ass set of mobile home stairs and went through six-months of poor communication and finger pointing. Regional claimed we may need permits, engineered drawings..etc WHY wasnt this looked into while our house was in production?! Then they claimed it was the responsibility of the homeowner.

After six months of this nonsense we asked for our money and found our own contractor to complete the project. We then had those rickety *** stairs sitting on our property for weeks even after asking them to remove the stairs. We have a 4 year old who wanted to play on them any chance he got while he was outside.Then theres the leaks-multiple leaks in various areasonly to find out that none of the vents in the roof were properly sealed. This resulted in numerous calls and emails to Regional, only to be pushed aside and zero customer advocacy provided.

It was much easier to deal with the home manufacturer directly rather than argue with Regional who wants to point fingers and never resolve anything.When we first moved in we noticed floor squeaks and uneven areas in the flooring. Regional and the manufacturer were made of aware of this and everytime we had a repairman come to seal the roof, we had them take a look at the floor. The issue was never resolved, a new home should not have this issue. Fast forward to now, after looking under the house and comparing the pier set-up to manufacturer documents provided with the home sale, we noticed that we were missing a significant number of pier supports along the marriage line of our house-near the areas we are experiencing dips in the flooring and squeaks.

The house was not set properly and are clearly experiencing issues because of it. The Manufacturer recommendations were not followed and we have been in touch with Deer Valley to confirm the necessity of these piers being in place for the homes integrity. Regional used a sub-contractor to set up the home, so it is on Regional Homes to rectify with the sub-contractor. Upon calling Regional and relaying the situation to themDebra (the beast answering the phone) says well it passed inspection didnt it?

all the while being incredibly nasty and entirely unhelpful. The sub-contractor says that they will be out to add more piers and re-level the home. We will see what comes of this.

My overall impression is that once the sale is made and the home is set, that your file gets put in the shredder. Nobody knows about your situation, nobody cares about your situation and it is all your fault as the homeowner.

You can spend nearly $180,000 on a new home with them and there is zero customer service or follow through, you are a thorn in their side because they have already profited from you. I would have thought somebody would have contacted us to follow up after 6 months or at some other pointbut nope not with Regional Homes of Bonifay.

Do your homework, look past the slew of reviews made by locals/friends and read what the dissatisfied people have to say. Theres a common theme here.

User's recommendation: Do your homework. Research retailers. Document everything.

Jenner Rhg

Did your Home installer come out and add the supporting piers?

Aracely Vlw

Yes just tried buying and got a different story different amount every time I talked to the sales person. I felt he meant my sale wouldn't go through but the mortgage company sent me his figures and texted him no text back just called.

He doesn't want what he says in writing. I will do what mortgage company told me to do , I will try to find an honest dealer if there is one.

Beginning to think these mobile home sales man are just like used car salesman. But, can't say I wasn't warned someone had trouble with them too and said a lot seems shady with them.

View more comments (1)

Real Estate Expert Talks

"I'm a Huge Proponent of Building a Home" Ty Wilde About Real Estate Industry

Sep 15, 2020

A real estate industry expert, Ty Wilde, shares his insights on whether to buy or build a house, what to consider when dealing with real estate agents, home inspections, and what to think of when investing your money.

Read full article
Ty Wilde
Ty Wilde

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article