map-marker Delray Beach, Florida

Scumbags,slimy fake commercials, liars

every 5 minutes these slimy *** commercials appear win 15k of free windows fake all the supposed winners are just customers they ripped off and added the 15k on to the bill

User's recommendation: scammers,stay away

richard r Mtk
map-marker Saint Petersburg, Florida

Unwanted solicitation/ tresspassing/abusive

On 9/18/18, there were three people representing Reece Builders who were soliciting for Business in the Parkwood Lakes Subdivision in Parrish, Florida. They were told that soliciting is not allowed in the neighborhood and signs are posted to this end point. They were told that they are trespassing on private property and to leave. This was explained to them by the President and Vice president of the Board of Directors. They became very belligerent and refused to leave the neighborhood. A number of our residents are elderly and were frightened by these people banging on their doors. They stated that there were no signs in the yards of the homeowners and homes were not private property unless posted. Subsequently, Law Enforcement was called and a Deputy escorted them out of the Neighborhood. This is not the way that a Company who wants Business should represent themselves to the Public. As a result, we are posting a very negative review of Reece Builders on our neighborhood Website and alerting all neighboring Communities of this experience and advising them not to do Business with this Company. There are many ways for a Company to build a business...creating negative feelings caused by the people that they employ is not one of them!
as described

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Guest

Canvasser is not against the law. From the city's statutes: "It is not the purpose and intent of this article to prohibit peddling and canvassing in public areas when such activities will not interfere with vehicular traffic and cause traffic safety and traffic flow concerns" If you don't like canvassing at your home all you need to do is put up a $1 sign stating "No Soliciting".

But you're too mean for that.

Instead you try to mes with folks trying to earn a living. Are you that bored?

Unwanted solicitation

I have signs posted - no trespassing, beware of dog, Smile you are on video tape, and an alarm company sign. They still have the nerve to send some young kid to my front door trying to sell me crap. READ my signs - don't come knocking!!! Your bad reviews are a sure sign no one should hire your company. Why don't you stuff peoples mail boxes so your staff don't trespass on my yard. I also have a sign with bullet holes thru it saying "nothing is worth dying for" so don't come to my door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spend the money on advertising your *** company not sending kids to trespass on peoples yards and potentially getting SHOT!
Guest

Oh my God, call the National Guard a kid stepped in your yard after seeing your house is falling apart and in desperate need of repair. The construction canvassers don't knock on well kept houses.

There's no reason for it.. Anyway, you must have been furious!I hope your heart medication was close.

map-marker Burlington, North Carolina

Beautiful roof

Reece Builders - Beautiful roof
I received a phone call from Reece Builders asking if there was anything that my house needed. They had replaced my windows (which I love) several years ago and I was offered a discount. Since I've been needing a roof for a few years, I made an appointment to have a rep come look at and measure and give me an estimate. (I enjoyed Rick and so did my cat.). He had to wait for me because I had errands to do and forgot about the appointment. He explained a lot about roofs and how mine looked, showed me all the colors that are available and measured. He also took care of financing for me. The roofers showed up when they were supposed to and kept busy for a day and a half. Everything was cleaned up before they left each day. I like and trust this company and would recommend them to anyone.
Pros:
  • How good my new roof looks
Good quality
map-marker Tampa, Florida

Waste of My Time...

I was in my driveway while a man was handing out their flyers. He asked if I was looking to replace windows. I replied " Yes we have a few estimates already" He told me about their deals and called his home office to set up an estimate appt. The gentleman on the phone asked if my wife would be there as well. We made the appt. for 3/26/16 at 10 am. We both work and have 5 boys at home our schedule is very hectic. Two days prior 3/24/16 at 5:189 pm I got a call from their office confirming the appt. Well Saturday 3/26/16 has come and gone no apt, no estimate, no call. Thanks for ruining our day. I guess you can afford to throw business out the window, you wonder why so many companies are going under these days
Poor customer service
Guest

Maybe they just might have been super busy considering there great deals me and my wife had got a estamate was told it was good for 1 year so we desided to get a price. Once we realised the easy financing options we just simply moved foward. Great company great product.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1451351

It’s their not there. Also it’s my wife and I not me and my wife.

Guest

Seems like you have enough time to leave a retarded complaint....

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1157827

How was the complaint retarted, dip ***?

View more comments (3)
map-marker Saint Petersburg, Florida

Very satisfied, no buyers remorse, love the windows

We were thinking of replacing our 1963 original windows and looked into it and a salesman knocked on our door. We set up an appointment and ended up signing a contract. The windows were more expensive then we anticipated but we do not regret that we had them replace our windows. I love them. I painted my casings all white and replaced some wood blinds to match the new windows. When I found the installers must have scratched one of the screens, Reece replaced that quickly. When we found the hurricane panels to one window were the wrong size they also replaced that as fast as they could. The installers were fast and looked to me like they did a good job. They look great. Can't hear the neighbors in their back yard when they have late parties anymore as I used to have to sleep in a bedroom on the other side of the house those nights! Highly recommend this company. All professional, courteous, and know their workl.
Pros:
  • How the windows look
Good customer service
Guest

I am looking into getting impact windows and would love any imput regarding this company.

Berlie Vqk
map-marker Tampa, Florida

Great windows Great price

Updated by user May 19, 2015

everything was great

Original review May 19, 2015
bought a whole house full of hurricane double pane argon gas magic glass windows salesman did a great job cared about our needs installers did a great job financing was great 0 percent could not have went better from start to finish thanks again Reece Builders we will definitely tell everyone that is looking for windows or doors to contact Reece Builders they do a great job at a great price and there warranties are the best in the bussiness and they stand behind what they sell they also make the windows in Mt carmel Pennsylvania with the highest quality available for florida homes also there doors are fantastic and will make your home look great and the energy efficiency of the doors and windows is the best in the bussiness and we save over 50 percent on our electric bills which was a great bonus
Good quality
Guest

Reece Builders came and installed 7 windows today. The installers were awesome -courteous, respectful and cleaned up behind themselves.

The windows look great! Could not have been a nicer crew!

Joanne C Qgn

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Greensboro, North Carolina

Discrimination or just ignorant?

Upon receiving their flyer, which advertised a promotion on vinyl windows, I called to make an appointment. After asking all of the usual questions about the structure and age of the house, the salesperson followed with, " By the way, are you married? Will 'the Mr.' be at home for the presentation?" He said that the company does not do the presentation unless the couple is present. Well, in my mind, this rings of pre-1950 mentality when women were not allowed to make financial decisions of this type, and were not allowed to have credit without 'the benefit' of a man. The assumption was, that since women did not hold jobs which paid substantial and 'reliable' salaries, they could not be trusted to abide by the financial contract. Of course, some companies did not even rationalize it to that extent---they simply felt that giving women financial freedom was affording women a little too much power, which could upset the balance in the home (which was of course not balanced). Fast forward to 2013, when women 1)make up approximately 45% of the workforce, 2)more than double college the enrollment of men and 3)generally have higher credit ratings than men (Consumer Federation of America, 2007). Consider how many women make more money than their husbands and how many couples decide things differently from the way they did years ago, where today each of the spouses may agree to assume a level of autonomy that allows things to get done more efficiently in their home. This is particularly true for couples where both are professionals. Reece Builders has a lot to learn! I am sure that my husband and I are not the first couple to decide that this company could never have our business as long as they are still living in the 50s.
Guest

It is against the law to install anything on a home without ALL of the homeowners written approval. In the US if you're married, both husband and wife own the family home.

It has nothing to do with ANYTHING else. Are you some kind of crazy feminist seeing the patriarchy everywhere?

Amit Jql

We had a salesman give us a quote on windows & siding they came at 6:00 and stayed until 10:15 pm. Sorry a 4 hour presentation we never got to eat dinner and we had to work the next day totally unprofessional.

The price they quoted us was ridiculous and the sales person was to pushy. I would never do business with them

Jaime Kyx

It is normal to ask if it is a married couple that both parties would be present. Had you been the husband, I'm sure he would've asked if the wife was going to be present.

I think your comments are hypersensitive. Maybe it was an older salesman and he didn't word it exactly to your liking, but you judged that person's attitude and intentions simply because of wording, which by what you wrote, to me, says nothing negative, only your perception.

Guest

Oh, grow up. When a set of windows can be $15k and up, then the company wants both parties in a marriage available to make the decision together.

It has nothing to do with "an outdated mentality". My spouse and I go into big decisions regarding an high expense together. Despite him being the one who brings in the income, he gives me the final say because "it's your house." But, we talk about it and talk to the sales people together.

How would you feel if your spouse spent $17k without discussing it with you first?

This is why they request both parties to be there. That way, the couple can discuss together.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1370113

I couldn't have said it better! They asked me twice if I had a spouse..I proudly answered "No, needing a man and wanting a man are two different things...I'm the only answer and check book you'll need".

LOL.

I'm signing a contract tomorrow. Sorry but in addition to your comment, there are too many bored homemaker housewives that get estimates out of curiosity or boredom or to try to convince their controlling bread winner husband to buy them so in a business sense solely, I completely agree with their methods!

Guest

So the typical couple will make a decision to spend thousands of dollars without consulting their spouse? As a person who's worked heavily in sales, if you present to only one of the people, they'll typically respond with "let me talk to my husband/wife" closure rate is significantly higher when both parties are present. Not descrimination, efficient business practices.

Guest

Hate to burst your bubble, but they made the same request to me .....and I am the husband. They wanted to be able to show my wife the different colors and material available, so we could make the best choice together. I haven't made a decision yet, or should I say "we" haven't made a decision yet, but some of you guys/ladies/metrosexuals need to get over yourselves.

Guest

I don't care what excuse the whiners here give for them asking that question, it's ignorant, outdated and ensures I will never do business with them.

Guest

Both decision makers are required to be present simply to eliminate the stall or lack of decision making or the "I'll talk it over with my wife/husband " excuse so common with this type of sales.

Guest

I don't work for Reece, but I felt the need to explain the reason for the question. I want to also add that the if your husband was on the phone, the same question would have been asked if the wife would be home during presentation.

The reason companies ask for both the husband and wife to be present during a visit in the home is because the sales person is trained and required to close the sale on the first visit.

(One call close) The items for sale are usually Very high priced and high pressure sales tactics, they want to eliminate the objection that because the one spouse is absent, you can not make a decision today. It's the only reason they need both spouses present for the sales call.

View more comments (18)

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

How to Hire The Right Contractor And Not Be Scammed

Apr 16, 2021

Matt DiBarra, an expert home builder with Dibara Masonry, gives tips on how to build a house, find and hire the right contractor, and avoid home construction scams.

Read full article
Matt DiBarra
Matt DiBarra

Matt DiBarra is well-known as The Undercover Contractor. He is the owner of DiBara Masonry company in Los Angeles that specializes in house repairs, restorations, and new installations.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article