Redington India Ltd - Redington Group - Redington Blackberry - Ripped off Rs.730

I had purchased my Blackberry Gemini 8520 from a mobile store in Chennai and only after purchase I knew it was a officially unlocked device and not a usual Airtel Blackberry, I was upset at first as I have nearly 3 years of experience with Blackberry service at Airtel and its just awesome they do it so professionally. I used a Rs.999 (approx. USD $20) worth cover for the phone from case mate, after a month and few days the display brightness diminished to very low level and I had taken it to the Redington India Ltd. service center in T.Nagar and they told me about the Rs.730 charge if there is water lodged in the device and I was 100% sure that there isn't any possibility for the same, so I gave my device for service and was waiting for about 2 weeks and I received a call from them saying there was water lodge in my device and they want me to pay Rs.730 to get the device back and the most important thing is that the device isn't serviced. I was like what the ***? Why would I pay these cheats the money just to open and take look at it and return? These people don't have the basic common sense that if I had known there is water why would I give it for service to pay Rs.730 unnecessarily? I would rather go to private service center and get it done for same price or something additional, finally they sent me some fake snap shots of water damage and stuff. I doubt if they had done it on their own to rip off the money. Today I got the device back and the display totally doesn't work. They spoiled it even more. Blackberry has to stop sending officially unlocked devices let the people get good service from Airtel, Reliance and other service providers. Never from these local Redington guys, I wonder if they have ever seen a Blackberry phone, these guys would only have experience in spoiling local basic phones like Nokia, Motorola etc. Now giving the service order to these guys Blackberry is spoiling its reputation in India. I need a brand new device and also my Rs.730 to be returned and I am not going to live them till then. People beware of these guys. Redington India Ltd is totally a fraud company. Redington India Ltd rips off the money and spoils your device. Redington Group has to replace my device and pay me my Rs.730 back. Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices. Redington India Ltd should no longed be an authorized company to service Blackberry devices. Blackberry has to stop the contract right away.

Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices.

I know this is some from Redington for sure. Anyways myself and my friend had the best experience with Airtel Blackberry, I don't know about Vodafone.

Let case mate be an authorized cover or whatever but I am trying to make sure that there is no possibility for my phone to have water in them.

I complain because they have done the mistake.

Let there be rain or storm but my phone didn't get wet even a single time, I have a good car without any water leaking in and I don't sweat in liters to enter the phone and damage the boards. Redington's Blackberry service center is in T.Nagar you dumbo No.6 Sir Thyagaraya Road, T.Nagar above Pizza Hut.

Hey Mate..

Chill.. I have used the same BB for more than years... and i have had the worst ever service from Airtel & Vodafone.. and i think they would have brought in a player like Redington for a distribution & service business.. Have you ever experienced giving a BB for a service with Airtel ? Who cares ? they want us to pay for their services.. thats it..

Coming to the issue.. Im sure this case mate is not a authorized cover for a BB 8520, then why the *** u complain ? In the last 4 months in chennai & in south India, im sure there were enough rains and u would have used in rain.. Even otherwise, cos of sweat also u would have got this prob...

Just cos you handled the BB badly, u cant blame a company..

Better take care to original redington service center SINCE REDINGTON SERVICE center is not in T.Nagar - FOR YOUR INFO

View more comments (2)
ID
#190837 Review #190837 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas
Loss

About

Redington Terms of Service
Welcome to Redington.com. Redington.com is hosted by Redington and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Redington," The Company" or Website). By filling out the information within this online form at Redington.com , The User of company services agree to be legally bound by all the terms and conditions contained in this Terms of Use Agreement ("Agreement"). Please read these terms carefully. In addition, when The User use any current or future version of the Redington online form(s), The User of company services also will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Please print a copy of this Agreement for The User's records. www.redington.com may, from time to time, modify the terms of this Agreement. When The Company make changes, Website will post those changes here. The Client's use of this Redington online form following any such modification constitutes The Customer's agreement to the terms of the modified Agreement.
To read more: http://www.redington.com/terms-conditions
Redington Privacy Policy
The Customer's privacy is important to Redington and Website are committed to protecting it. Any information The User provide The Company is kept completely confidential and will not be used without The User's consent. This privacy policy applies to email addresses submitted for the purposes of subscribing to Redington’s e-mail newsletters offered through Redington.com. The Customer's submission of an email address signifies The User's acceptance of email messages from Redington - primarily, the e-mail newsletters that The User of company services have signed up to receive. Periodically, Redington sends promotional email messages about products and promotions offered by Redington to its e-mail newsletters subscribers and dealer base. Website do not sell, rent, or loan The User's information to third parties without The Customer's permission. So, for example, Website do not sell The Client's email address or other information to mass marketers.
To read more: http://www.redington.com/privacy-policy
Summary

Redington has been existed in the USA since 1992 and manufactures goods for the active time spending and fishing. The product line includes rods, reels, outfits, apparel, accessories and waders. Redington`s clients are men and women of different occupations. They are offered a special range of rods, which have individual types and names: Voyant, Tempt, Predator, Torrent, Crosswater, Pursuit, prospector and Link. Reels are also presented for each rod item. Redington provides footwear which is designed for traveling and is aimed to sustain low temperatures and high moisture level. Among the accessories there is logo and fly gear created for fishers. The company owns several departments. Each one is responsible for warranty services, orders or technical questions. Dealership stores can be found through the online map of with the help of consultants.

Redington reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article